Lion's Rawr

Sleep Tight

Random I know, but I'm having a lot of Yongguk feels since he's what I really to have under my tree ;D


The girl took her jacket off in the hallway, simultaneously slipping off her heels as well. The smell of fried rice and other good things wafted from the kitchen, surprising her a little but she smiled. Yongguk was cooking by himself which was something he didn’t try often. When she put her bag down, her blonde man walked into the hall and greeted her with his gummiest smile. She laughed at how cute he looked with a floral apron on.

“Hey baby. How was work today?” He pulled her into his warm arms, wrapping himself around her until she almost disappeared. The only way he knew she was still there was with her head resting against his collar as she nuzzled his neck.

“Boring, like usual. How was your day off?” He just nodded, his cheek rubbing against her hair as he sighed.

“It was nice.” The smile in his voice told her everything.

“You had a nice day with the boys then.” She knew full well that Yongguk couldn’t have stayed home alone the whole day and since he wasn’t the only one with a day off she could assume that at least Himchan had been over which probably meant Jongup, which meant Junhong. Daehyun and Youngjae were always everywhere. Yongguk chuckled and his hot breath filled her ear. He pulled away from the woman in his arms and walked back into the kitchen, glancing over his shoulder as he went.

She peeked out of the window behind her when she sat on the couch. The sun was gone but the moon hadn’t replaced it just yet. The scent of the food was getting to her and she crept into the kitchen, hoping to eat a little early. “So what’s all this for then?”

Yongguk jumped, frightened by her sudden presence and flicked rice across the room. “Why do you scare me!” He heaved a few breaths and composed himself before answering the question. “It’s for tomorrow, you know, Christmas.” He smiled softly but a groan left her lips.

“But I’m hungry. Can I just eat a little now? Just a tiny bit?” Her hands came up as she pleaded him like a child. She even tried aegyo by pouting and batting her eyelashes.

“That won’t work, I get it enough from Himchannie.” When she tried again, she squeaked when his temper flared. “No. Bang _____, this is not for you. At least not now anyway.” He stood with his back facing her and the food protected.

“Meanie.” She grumbled as she walked into the bedroom to change. When she came out the food was done and in the fridge, ready for the next day and Yongguk was on the couch flicking through the channels on the TV. She slid up to him but he ignored her. “Yonggukkie?” Her voice was like honey but still he made no acknowledgement to her being there. She huffed but tried again. “Oppa?” It was victory when she saw how his lips tugged up as he fought against his smile.

“I made some extra rice for you by the way.” He didn’t turn to her, trying to maintain some sort of grudge that she knew he couldn’t keep. “I would have given you some before but you’re whining made me grumpy.” He turned to her with all the seriousness the set of his mouth could hold. “It’s really not cute. And stomping won’t make me think otherwise.” He spoke as dropped and she made her way noisily to the fridge for her dinner, finding in the front a pretty bowl. She softened.

“Aish, don’t eat too quickly! You might throw up!” She was almost two thirds of the way through bowl in less than two minutes. Yongguk looked like he was ready to pull it away from her as he sat on the edge of the couch, anticipating her illness from overeating.

“But it’s so yummy.” She spoke around the food and swallowed. The fried rice had bacon, egg and vegetables in it and when she added sweet soy sauce it was a flavour explosion in . She would have to get Yongguk to cook for her more often. She ate the rest slowly under his watch and snuggled up to him on the couch when she came back to him. “Am I cute now?”

He chuckled again and rubbed small circles on her shoulder blade. He kissed the top of her head before he spoke. “Yes, you are.”

Yongguk didn’t need to say much more and she fell asleep on him fairly quickly despite the noise from the television a few feet away. He could still smell the remnants of her perfume and it made him dizzy with how much he liked it. He picked her up bridal style and made his way to the bedroom, being careful not to bump her feet on the way. The streetlight trickled in through the window, illuminating the white bed sheets in orange. He placed her onto her side of the bed and she stirred, blinking her eyes open just as he yawned. She giggled sleepily.

“You look like a lion. Lion-guk.” She laughed a bit louder as she rolled over, watching him make his way around to the opposite side. When he climbed in she pulled on him hard making sure there was no space between their bodies. “I love you Lion-guk.” Her lids closed lazily and she kissed his nose before her light and even breathing ghosted his cheek in her sleep.

“I love you too.” He yawned once more and really felt like a lion, almost tempted to curl himself up like one as he pulled her closer before drifting off as well.