Morning Kiss

Sleep Tight

The sun glittered through the window in three sharp rays. She raised her hand to shield her eyes. Her eyes fluttered open as she turned from her side to her back, pulling the blanket up to her chin to keep the warmth in. She stared at the plain roof for a long moment before looking beside her, to the source of the soft breathing. His eyes looked a little puffy and his thick lips rubbed together subconsciously. He looked absolutely peaceful and her heart ached to touch his cheek. She sighed happily as she turned again in the bed to face him, her arm resting on top of the covers.

“Yongguk-ah.” She called him softly as she brushed his face with her fingers, feeling his stubble graze the tips. His eyes fluttered but he didn’t wake up, instead he his lips. “Yongguk-ah.” She tried a little louder. She smiled when his hand came up from beneath the blanket. He placed his hand over the top of hers, holding it against his rough but warm skin. He his lips again as he smiled gently.

“Hey baby.” Yongguk’s voice was deep like usual but overnight his throat had become rough and it made it all the better to hear him speak.

“Hey.” She brushed her thumb over his cheekbone and down across his bottom lip. He kissed her thumb and she laughed at the sensation. She wriggled closer until he was able to wrap his arm around her waist and pull her close so that their chests were pressed together. He pecked her forehead, her nose, her cheek, before pressing his lips lightly to hers. She swore they hadn’t had a sweeter kiss just as he began to move his mouth against hers.

Yongguk deepened the kiss as he sat up onto his knees, hanging above her with his arm still holding her close. When he pulled away she giggled and he pecked her a few more times as he felt his own smile widen.

“I…love...you.” He spoke each word between a kiss, her head lifting from the pillow as she tried to lengthen the last. He collapsed back down beside her as his heart warmed. There was nothing he enjoyed more than a morning kiss. He reached out and took her hand under the covers.

“I love you too.” She smiled as she kissed the tip of his nose.