A Surprise Visit

Sleep Tight

I reached out and pressed the button. I heard the dinging, muted by the door, ringing through the house.

He groaned as he opened the door. “Oh,” it wasn’t the first time I’d just showed up, but he was still surprised each time. His chest was bare but he wore long black pants and socks.

“I couldn’t sleep.” I gave him an innocent look.

He cocked his head, telling me to come in. “How did you even get here?” He raised a brow.

“I caught the bus.” He made a face, staring me up and down through his purple fringe, messy from sleep. I was wearing an old loose t-shirt with long sweat pants that had monkeys on them. He glanced over my teddy bear and back pack. His eyes reached my feet; I was wearing my pink unicorn slippers. He laughed and took my hand, pulling me close and kissing my head.

He walked in front and led me to his room. “You tired?” He asked as I put my bag and teddy down, his lips turned a little at the corners. I nodded a little too vigorously.

He started kissing my neck, brushing his soft lips on my collarbone, teasing me. I knew why he stopped, but I didn’t want him to. He got into bed and closed his eyes. I pulled up the blanket and got in next to him, it was warm and smelled of him. I cuddled up and heard his sharp breath when I put my cold hands on his chest. He wrapped his arms around me, making me warmer, til my face was next to his, noses touching.

                “Goodnight” I whispered to him, kissing his nose. As a reply he pulled me even closer, until we were completely entangled. Now I could definitely sleep.