The Racers

Sound of Love

 

 

Thanks for letting me borrow your car to race you and thanks for the new car. As a kind gesture, I filled the tank for you.

~The ‘Teleporter’

Lay crumpled up the note and threw it on the ground with much anger. “, I’m going to get this kid!”

----

Kai rolled into work the next day in his new NISMO 350Z with Tao in the back and Kyungsoo in the passenger seat. He parked his car in the parking lot and walked towards the restaurant. The three joked and laughed until they saw a red Audi R8 GT sitting out in front.

They eyed it curiously as they were walking past it. Suddenly two large men in black suits came out from the restaurant and grabbed Kai. “Wh-what the is going on?!”

Tao and Kyungsoo were too busy being in shock to do anything.

The large men opened the passenger side of the door and basically threw Kai in. The door closed and the car drove off.

Tao and Kyungsoo looked at the car with wide eyes as they drove off, they glanced at each other and questioned what just happened.

Kai was trying to work on getting the door open, but it wouldn’t budge. He figured it was child locked, which was strange on a car like this.

He finally turned to see his capturer, and it was none other than racing boy himself, Lay. “What the Lay?!” He screamed out. “Let me the out of here!”

“No.” He simply said, focused on the road.

“What the ? Why the hell are you kidnapping me?! Let me the go!” He was about to punch him in the face, but Lay spoke up.

“Is that really a smart thing to do when I’m driving this car at 75 miles per hour?”

Kai withdrew his fist as he just scoffed. “The moment this car stops, I’m getting the out of here!”

“Child lock.”

“!”

“I suggest you buckle up and just shut up.”

Kai buckled up for safety considering Lay’s speed was picking up, but he didn’t shut up. He continued to yell at Lay until they got to their destination.

The car finally stopped at where Kai recognized as the Han River. Kai was about to yell at Lay again, but Lay already got out of the car.

Kai stepped out of the car also, ready to yell at him again.

“Don’t you dare think about speaking.” Lay said firmly looking out towards the river. He took a deep breath and turned around. “You.”

Kai scoffed. “Me?”

“Yes you, you little .” Kai could see a lot of anger in his eyes, so much so that he began to feel a little afraid. Lay started to move towards him. “You know, no one in this ing country has ever beaten me in a race. No one!” He emphasizes as he moves a little closer. Kai notices the man inching towards him with every step and so he starts to step backwards. “And then you come out of ing nowhere, a nobody likes comes out and beats ME! Zhang Yixing!” He yells as he continues to step closer as Kai steps backwards. “And on ing top of that, you STOLE one of my cars and used it to race against me!”

Kai ran out of space behind him as he ran into the hood of the car. –

Lay continues to inch closer. “I’ve never been so humiliated, embarrassed, angry…” he slams both his hands on either side of Kai leaning in dangerously closer to him “…and at the same time.” Kai could feel Lay’s heavy breathing on his skin as he registered what he just said.

As if it was instinct, Kai wrapped his arms around his neck and pulled him into a kiss.

Lay expected his lips to be soft, and plump, but he didn’t expect a little sweetness to them. His hands went from the hood of the car to Kai’s sides, lightly pushing him down so that he was lying down on the hood.

Kai let out a small moan from the warmness on his back and the body on top of him. Lay took the opportunity to let his tongue explore the other’s mouth.

Lay broke the kiss as he gasped for air, his chest rising and falling at the same pace as Kai’s.

“That… wasn’t what I was expecting.” Kai said softly.

“Me either.” Lay said getting off of him.

Lay had gone to get them some ice cream from the nearest corner store as they sat on the hood and talked.

There was awkward silence as they sat and slowly munched on their frozen treats.

Kai decided to speak up. “So, how did you get into racing?”

Lay chuckled as he recalled the past. “My dad was a car dealer and on the side fixed up old cars, so I was always around them. From the moment I started to drive, I raced. Cars were so fascinating to me and when I raced, I felt so… alive.” Lay took a of his ice cream. “I loved the way I was able to go from 0-60 in 5 seconds flat, I loved the rev of the engine, and I loved the speed at my fingertips. I loved it all.” Lay chuckled again. “Soon, I was the best. No one could beat me.” He glanced over at Kai who was munching on his ice cream. “Well that was until yesterday.”

Kai turned and smirked at him.

“What about you?”

Kai’s expression changed a little an uncomfortable one. “Racing…was my escape.” He took a of his ice cream. “My parents left me when I was five. Even though I was young, I remember it clearly. They kept saying that they weren’t fit to be parents, that they couldn’t support me. Things like that. My mom was bawling her eyes out saying that she was doing it because she loved me.” He scoffs a little. “If that’s the best excuse she could come up with then I’m glad they left me.”

Lay reached out to put his hand on his back, wanting to comfort him a little, but he hesitated. But then he said it, they already kissed. He started to rub circles into his back.

“So going from foster home to foster home, I needed an escape. As soon as I turned 16, I got my license and began driving. Of course, I didn’t have money to buy a car, so I learned how to steal them.”

“Figures why you were able to steal mine.” Lay chuckled.

Kai smiled. “Yeah. I did that for about a year. Steal cars, race them, and get money. It was good. But…”

“But?”

“But then I got caught. One of the guys I’ve beaten snitched on me, and I was caught in the middle of trying to jump a car. It was my first offence, well the first one they’ve caught me doing, so they sent me to a juvenile detention center. I was 17.” He sighed.

Lay pulled him closer so that Kai could lean his head on his shoulder. Kai didn’t seem to mind as he took another bite of his ice cream.

“That’s when I met Kyungsoo. He came to the center as part of a mentor program for his school, to, you know, try to talk to delinquent kids and get them to change their ways. He was so kind and caring, unlike most of the other mentors who only do it because of volunteer hours, but Kyungsoo… his heart was caring. Needless to say, he really helped me when I was in a bad place. Ever since then, I’ve sworn to protect him.”

Lay smiled. “So is that why you don’t want him to be around Joonmyun?”

“Exactly that rich bastard better say away from him.” Kai said straightening up.

He chuckled. “But what about me? I’m also rich.”

“And also a bastard.” Kai said smirking.

“Alright fine.” Lay said hopping off his car and throwing his trash away. “If I’m such a bastard, let me remind you that technically the car you won, is still mine.” He said smirking as he walked back to the driver seat.

Kai suddenly remembered all the paperwork that is kind of involved in owning a car. “Y-yah! Not fair! You better transfer the car to me! I won it far and square!”

Lay chuckled. “How about I keep the paper work, and you keep the car?” He said with a wink, entering the car.

Kai was kind of in shock. “Wh-what? Really?!” He got into the passenger seat. “Are you serious?!”

Lay just glanced to his side. “Only if you agree to be my boyfriend.”

Kai flashed a smile. “You know I’m only going to say yes because I want to keep the car.”

“I’m sure that’s it. Let’s get you back to work so your boss won’t be mad at me.” He said gripping his hand.

Kai just smirked.

----

Kai rushed into work, a little over an hour late. His boss was about to yell at him until Lay walked in behind him and just waved his hand. All he could do is roll his eyes because it’s not like he could yell at his favorite customers.

Kai quickly got on stage and said small apologies to Tao and Kyungsoo.

Kai noticed Lay go sit over with Joonmyun who was already sitting there. He gave him a glare, but Joonmyun just brushed it off. He glanced over at Lay who gave him a smile and a wave and he responded with a shy one.

Kyungsoo and Tao looked over with eyebrows raised, but Kai just urged them to keep playing.

Lay and Joonmyun ate and conversed while the trio finished their shift for the night.

“Looks like all that frustration with him turned out to be ual frustration huh.” Joonmyun said smirking while Lay was staring at Kai playing the guitar.

“Whatever.” He said not averting his attention. “What about you and the short one huh?”

Joonmyun leaned back in the chair and sighed. “I don’t know. I need to find a way to talk to him, or get him to talk to me.” He suddenly perked up with an idea. “What if I threaten his job and so he has to come talk to me?”

Lay gave him an are-you-serious look. “Do you really think that’s the best idea Joonmyun?”

He sunk back into his seat. “Yeah you’re right.”

They hear the band stop playing and soon realize that it’s closing time. The two walk up to the trio as they pack up.

“Hey Lay.” He said smiling to his new boyfriend. “Bastard.” He directed towards Joonmyun.

Joonmyun rolled his eyes and did his best to ignore the comment. “Hey Kyungsoo, do you mind coming with me?”

Kyungsoo’s eyes were kind of wide. “I’m sorry, but I have to go home.” He said slightly bowing.

“Then why don’t I take you home?” Joonmyun asked.

He hesitated. “It’s okay, Kai can take me home.” He said looking over to his friend.

“Nope Tao is.” He said throwing him the keys. “I’m gonna hang out with Lay for a little bit.”

Kyungsoo turned to Tao and he just smiled. “Let’s go home. You don’t want to miss class tomorrow and I, unfortunately, have a photo shoot to go to tomorrow.” He said groaning.

Kyungsoo nodded as he followed Tao out.

Joonmyun ruffled his hair in frustration. “What do I have to do to get him to notice me?!”

“I don’t know, not be a bastard?” Kai chuckled.

Joonmyun sent him a glare. “Whatever. I don’t need your help.”

“Yeah, it’s not like I’m his best friend or anything.”

Joonmyun glanced at him from the corner of eyes, contemplating if he should actually ask him for help, even though he knew that the answer might probably be no.

“I know!” Lay piped up. “Let’s double date. You and me, and Joonmyun and Kyungsoo.”

“What?!” They both yelled out. “Double date?! Us?! Him!?” Lay giggled at how they were mimicking each other.

“I’ll take that as a yes.” He said happily walking off.

The two gave each other dirty looks as they parted ways.

----

Thanks to Kai, Tao was able to borrow his car to go to the photo shoot. Once he arrived at the place, it was swarming with people: hair stylist, makeup artists, coordinators, photographers, and many more. He didn’t think that it took this many people to do a photo shoot, but apparently it does.

He glanced around at the people moving back and forth. It didn’t seem like anyone was interested in why he was there.

“Tao.” A voice called out to him. He turned to see Kris walking up to him in a robe and a flock of people following him, fiddling with his hair and his makeup. “I’m glad you were able to make it.” He said with a smirk.

Tao just sighed. “Look, I just need the money, so can we hurry up and get this over with?”

Kris smiled. “Fine. Get his hair and makeup done.” Another flock of people came to Tao and pulled him over to a vanity. “Once you’re done here, the first outfit you’ll be modeling is in that changing room over there.”

Tao nods as he is bombarded with eyeliner and hairspray.

After what felt like forever, Tao walks over to the changing room, expecting to see something wild and goofy like he sees on runways, or maybe something y and black. Tao was a er for things in black. He opens it to find a pair of underwear sitting on the bench inside the room. He was confused because he thought the outfit was going to be in here like Kris said. “Kris!” He called out.

“Yes?”

“Where’s the outfit? All that’s in here is a pair of underwear.”

“Tao. That is the outfit.” He says with a smile in his tone.

“WHAT?!”



 

 

A/N: It may seem like Lay and Kai got it on pretty quick. Well... that can happen and it did :P hahaha Anyways I'm glad you guys are reading this and enjoying it.

It really makes me happy that you guys are commenting with good things ._____. you guys make me feel special. So thank you to all the subscribers!

Comment with some feedback~~