The Date

Sound of Love

 

 “Sooyoung, tell your dad that I’ll be taking his entertainment for the night.” Joonmyun called back.

Kyungsoo was looking back at his friend with scared and confused eyes.

Joonmyun could feel the boy struggling to get away, but he kept on dragging him. They reached Joonmyun’s car and the driver opened the door for him. He signaled for Kyungsoo to get in.

Kyungsoo stood there hesitating and staring at Joonmyun with scared eyed.

Joonmyun placed both hands on his shoulders. “Don’t be scared. We’re just going on a date.” He finished with a smile.

Kyungsoo felt less scared with that smile and reluctantly he agreed and stepped into the car.

Kai and Tao tried to chase after them, but by the time they came outside, the car had taken off.

“I’m going to get that ing bastard!” Kai yelled out.

Tao just sighed. “It’s not like Kyungsoo can’t handle himself.”

“How can you be so calm?!”

“Because Kyungsoo is smart.”

“Yeah but—“

“No buts. Let’s just wait for him to get back okay? Plus we have work.”

Kai sighed as Tao pulled him back into the restaurant.

----

Kyungsoo’s eyes were focused on his lap throughout the whole car ride. He was sitting perfectly straight with his hands clasps together in his lap and didn’t even take a glance at the person sitting on the other side.

A sudden tap on his shoulder made him jump a little bit. His eyes went a little wide when he saw Joonmyun just looking at him very curiously.

“Why are you so nervous?” Joonmyun asked.

“Well…Uhm… Mr. Kim…”

Joonmyun scooted a little closer. “Joonmyun. My name is Joonmyun.”

Kyungsoo scooted a little farther from him, but that ended up failing because his back was already against the car door.

“Well… Joonmyun. I well…”

Joonmyun scooted a little closer again. “Well? Why do you seem so nervous?”

“I—I don’t know. I’m sorry.”

Joonmyun just chuckled a little. “I don’t see why you’re sorry.” He leaned in a little closer towards him so that their faces were a few inches away. “You know… You have big eyes.”

Kyungsoo nervously chuckled as Joonmyun scooted back away. “We’re here.” Joonmyun said as he got out of the car.

The drive came around and opened the door for Kyungsoo. “Where is here?” He asked confused.

Joonmyun turned around and smiled at him. “The first ever Guardian Department Store.”

Kyungsoo made a silent ‘oh’ as he followed Joonmyun into the large building. Kyungsoo walked directly behind him and then there were people in suits almost surrounding them. He looked down at his outfit and felt a little out of place since he was just wearing black trousers, a button down that was too large and baggyish on him, and a simple tie.

They passed a lot of stores where all the employees politely bowed to Joonmyun, who ignored most of them and made his way towards the elevator. He dismissed the men in suits as he entered and motioned Kyungsoo to follow.

He entered the mirrored elevator as Joonmyun pulled out a card and inserted into a slot, letting them be able to go up to the top floor. “I just need to go into my office to grab something.”

Kyungsoo was not really paying attention to him as he stared at the expensive interior of the elevator.

Joonmyun smiled at his fascination.

They got off and entered his very extravagant office.

“Yo . Oh I see you brought your new boy toy.” Xiumin called out.

Xiumin noticed the person sitting at the desk and bowed politely. “Hello, my name is Kyungsoo.”

“Hi there, I’m Xiumin, but you can just call me hyung.” Xiumin said brightly.

Joonmyun scoffed. “You never let me call you hyung.” He said a little bitterly.

“That’s because you’re not worthy. Kyungsoo on the other hand, looks like a sweet kid.” Xiumin said flashing him a smile.

Kyungsoo blushed a little.

Joonmyun rolled his eyes and turned to Kyungsoo. “Kyungsoo, wait out here with Xiumin alright? I’ll just be a minute.”

Kyungsoo nodded as he sat down in one of the waiting chairs and watched as Joonmyun went inside his office.

His eyes scanned the place, noticing all the colors and textures that filled the room. His eyes met with Xiumin who had been staring at him the whole time.

Kyungsoo quickly avert his eyes, but Xiumin gets up from his desk and sits next to him. “He kidnapped you didn’t he?”

Kyungsoo nervously chuckled. “Ahh, no, I agreed to come along.”

“You’re too nice. You don’t have to cover him. I know how he is.” Kyungsoo laughed a little. “You know, if he ever gives you any trouble, just tell hyung, and I’ll kick his for you okay?”

Kyungsoo nodded and Xiumin ruffled his hair.

“Yah, don’t touch him.” Joonmyun said walking out of his office. Xiumin stuck his tongue out in response.

Kyungsoo turned to see Joonmyun’s hand extended. “You ready?”

Kyungsoo didn’t take the hand, but stood up himself. “Where are we going?”

Joonmyun chuckled a little to hide his embarrassment and retracted his hand. Xiumin saw it all. “Well, have you had dinner yet?”

Kyungsoo shook his head. “Then that’s where we’re going.” Joonmyun answered.

Joonmyun headed for the elevator while Kyungsoo bowed goodbye to Xiumin. “Don’t hurt him Joonmyun or I’ll kick your !” Xiumin yelled out.

Joonmyun just waved him off.

----

They went into the restaurant in the department store which only VVIPs were able to use. It was filled with classy decor and furniture. Kyungsoo definitely felt out of place. He could feels the eyes of all the people staring at him. Or more likely Joonmyun, and they were probably thinking ‘Who is that kid with the CEO?’

Kyungsoo could feel the need to shrink away right about now.

They sat down at a table in the very back where, he assumed, the VVVIP people ate.

The chef came out and offered the specials. “Today the specials are a Mahi Mahi flown in from the coast of Hawaii served on top of a summer salad and grilled shrimp. We also have Kobe beef flown in from Japan, served on top of a potato cake and also grilled asparagus.”

“I’ll have the Kobe. Medium rare.” Joonmyun told the chef and turned his attention towards Kyungsoo who looked lost like a little puppy. “He’ll have the same thing.”

The chef bowed and left.

An awkward silence came over them as they waited for their food.

Kyungsoo stared at the person in front of him intently, trying to read him and to understand him.

Joonmyun stared back, wondering why he was staring.

“So Kyungsoo. Tell me about yourself.” Joonmyun said tilting his head a little with curiosity.

“Uhm. What is there to tell?” He said shyly.

Joonmyun smiled. “I don’t know. Lots of things.”

“Actually. I have a question.” Kyungsoo piped up.

“And what is that?” Joonmyun asked.

“Why…why are you treating me like this? I mean why are you being so nice to me?”

Joonmyun was a little taken aback by the question. Usually when you treat someone nice, they would be grateful right? Well considering he’d dragged him along and kind of threatened him to go on a date, there would probably be questions. But really, Joonmyun didn’t have an answer for him. He doesn’t know why he’s being like this, caring so much about this boy. This boy who he barely knows but for some reason he feels a strong attraction towards him.

He sat there and stared at Kyungsoo for a little bit, trying to search for his answer somewhere on the boy. All he could feel was a strong need to make him happy, to protect him, and to care for him.

“I don’t know.” Joonmyun replied. “Does one need a reason to be nice to someone?”

“Well… I suppose not.” Kyungsoo said wishing he could retract his question.

“If we’re asking questions here, let me ask you one.” Kyungsoo nodded in agreement. “What happened on the stage at the party?”

“Oh…” Kyungsoo recalled that night in his mind. “I just… I uhm… I felt a lot of pressure.”

“Pressure? Why?”

“I… I don’t know. When you said there were a lot of important people that were going to be there,  I felt a lot of pressure to not mess up.”

—Oh it was my fault—

“And then when I saw you looking at me, I… I thought I was doing a bad job… and then… I then I messed up…” Kyungsoo said embarrassedly.

It was my fault. Good going Joonmyun. — “Kyungsoo… I’m sorry I made you feel pressured. I’m really sorry.”

Kyungsoo laughed it off. “No no, it was my fault. Please don’t apologize.”

Why is this kid so nice? — “Kyungsoo—“

“Sir, the food has arrived.” Said the chef as he came out with two plates of food. He set the food down and left so the two could enjoy the meal.

“As I was saying. Kyungsoo, I’m apologizing, which I don’t do much so accept it.”

Kyungsoo smiled awkwardly. “Yes sir, I mean Joonmyun.”

Joonmyun could swear his heart melted at the sight of his smile. “Let’s eat.”

Eating was kind of quiet. Kyungsoo was poking at his food because he’d never seen anything so fancy before, so he was slowly eating, taking every bite and every taste that rolled on his tongue.

Joonmyun slowly ate also, glancing at Kyungsoo after every bite and silently laughing at how cute he was making sure every chew counted. This is the Kyungsoo that Joonmyun wanted to see, someone happy and cute, rather someone frightened and afraid. He decided that he should make Kyungsoo happy.

They finished eating and Joonmyun was in a hurry to drag him off somewhere.

“Where are we going?” Kyungsoo asked being dragged along.

Joonmyun just flashed him a smile and continued to pull him along. Joonmyun made a phone call and the two ended up on the bottom floor of the department store.

They were greeted by Xiumin and a few employees who all bowed to him.

“Seriously? Do we have to do this?” Xiumin groaned.

“Do what?” Kyungsoo asked confused.

“He’s taking you on a shopping spree.” Xiumin replied.

Kyungsoo’s eyes grew a little wide and turned to Joonmyun who just smiled and nodded, pulling him along.

Cue happy shopping music.

Joonmyun dragged him around to a bunch of stores, making him try on shirts, shorts, pants, shoes, socks, hats, jackets, and accessories.

But Kyungsoo said he didn’t want to accept any of it. He didn’t need any of it, but Joonmyun insisted. And since Kyungsoo didn’t say what he wanted, Joonmyun just bought whatever he thought looked good on him.

Xiumin just rolled his eyes at the whole scene because he didn’t even know why he was there. He secretly threw some stuff he wanted into the pile and took them out later. Joonmyun didn’t even notice.

In the end, Kyungsoo ended up with at least 10 bags of clothes, and 1 full of Pororo toys, (only because Kyungsoo kind of jumped up and down excitedly at the sight of the penguin.)

“Get in. I’m taking you home.” Joonmyun said closing the trunk after putting all of the bags inside.

“Home? You’re taking me to my house?”

“Yes. Is that a problem?” Joonmyun said raising an eyebrow.

“Uhm… No… But you can just drop me off at the restaurant. I can get home from there.”

“Nonsense. Get in.”

Kyungsoo hesitated. He felt Xiumin next to him and he turned to see that he just gave a reassuring face. “He’s not going to take no for an answer. You’ll be fine.”

Kyungsoo nodded and got into the car.

“Where do you live?” Joonmyun asked, but Kyungsoo’s attention was on the interior of the car and how fancy it was. Leather, wood trim, and the works.

“Kyungsoo.” Suho said reaching over and ruffling his hair.

Kyungsoo jumped at the touch and saw that Joonmyun was smiling at him.

“Put your address into the gps.”

Kyungsoo nodded and did what he was told.

----

They arrived at a small building on a small street. The building looked it had 4 apartments, but they were so small, Joonmyun thinks that one apartment could equal the size of his bedroom, maybe even two.

“This is where you live?” He asked turned to Kyungsoo in disbelief.

Kyungsoo nodded in embarrassment because he knew that this was nothing compared to the million dollar apartments that Joonmyun was used to. “I’m sorry I don’t have money like you.” Kyungsoo said bitterly.

Joonmyun instantly felt bad at what he said. “Kyungsoo—“ He tried to call out. But Kyungsoo was already running up the stairs to his apartment. “God dammit.”

Kyungsoo rushed into his apartment and closed the door behind him. He could feel tears starting to run down his face. He quickly wiped his face and headed to the bedroom but was stopped by Kai and Tao, who didn’t have pleasant faces.

“Oh…Kai…Tao..”

“Why are you crying?!” Kai said rushing up to him, making sure there were no tears left.

Kyungsoo nervously chuckled. “No—no reason.”

“Yah, Do Kyungsoo, don’t lie to us.” Tao said behind Kai.

“It’s nothing!” Kyungsoo repeated. “Don’t worry about it.”

“I bet it was that bastard Joonmyun wasn’t it?!” Kai said angrily.

Suddenly a knock came at the door. “Kyungsoo!” Joonmyun called out.

“Speak of the devil.”

Kai opened the door and a second later, his fist connected with Joonmyun’s face.



 

 

A/N: All my Kyungmyun / Sudo feels. They looked so cute at the airport together TT_____TT

And then the radio show. The way Kyungsoo was looking at Suho TT____TT

And this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTQvpDtTFZg&feature=youtu.be

I know it's a Chanyeol video but all I see is Sudo. First the come out behind the van all happy and giggling. And then and then, Suho wanted to hold Kyungsoo's hand but he was all like "Not here, there's too many people" (Or at least, that's what I like to think) and then he ended up giving him a pat on the back. And then those pictures where Kyungsoo was getting his passport out of Suho's backpack. I bet that's why Kyungsoo didn't have a backpack or a bag with him, beause Suho was holding all his stuff! 

Ok my shipper feels.... 

Anyways comment with feedback. Thanks to all the subscribers. Almost to 100! yay!