The Breakdown

Sound of Love

 

 “Why are you so nervous? You’ve never been nervous before.”

“I-I don’t know…”

“Are you sure you’ll be able to perform tonight?” Kai said looking into his eyes. “Because we can always just leave.”

Kyungsoo just nodded. “Don’t worry about it. I can do it.” He stood up so he was out of Kai’s grasp. “I can do it guys. Stop worrying, I’m not a child.” Kyungsoo placed his headphones in his ears as he went back to setting up.

Tao and Kai looked at each other with worried faces. Hopefully nothing goes wrong.

----

The party started out without a hitch. The food was excellent, the decorations were excellent and the entertainment was great. Joonmyun scanned the room to see many business associates and colleagues and was pleased that everyone was enjoying themselves. 

“Everything up to your standards your highness?” Xiumin said walking up behind him.

“Yes my servant, thank you.” Joonmyun joked.

Joonmyun spotted his friend walking towards them. “Hey guys.”

“Hey Joonie!” Luhan said excitedly. “Who’s this?” He asked tilting his head a little. 

“Guys, this is my assistant. I thought you’ve met him before.” 

“No, I’ve met their assistants.” Xiumin said. “Good to meet you all in person.”

Luhan leans in close to him and inspects his face. “You know, you’re cute.”

“You know, you’re creepy.” Xiumin says backing away.

“Yah, Joonmyun. You let your subordinate talk like that?” Luhan said appalled. 

Joonmyun looks over at Xiumin and shrugs. “What can you do. He’s not the type to listen very well.”

“Oh so he’s feisty. I kind of like that.” Luhan said with a growl. 

Xiumin just looked kind of scared.

“Luhan stop it.” Kris said pulling him away.

“So Kris told us about your little crush over there.” Lay said nodding towards the stage.

Joonmyun gave Kris an evil glare. “You . He’s not my crush. He’s just entertainment for the night okay?”

“That’s not what Kris said.” Luhan chimed in. “He said you bought suits for his band and everything.”

“Well not for his whole band. Kris waived the tall one’s fee.” 

“I only did it to get on his good side. He’s cute and has a model figure. I want him.”

Lay rolled his eyes. “In more ways than one obviously.” That earned a punch from Kris.

“They’re good though.” Luhan said turning towards the stage.

“Yeah, he sings really well.” Kris added.

Joonmyun looked over towards the stage and watched them perform. They were right. Kyungsoo was doing really well. He was singing really well.

“The next song we shall be playing is called Baby Don’t Cry.”

Kyungsoo looked over and waited for Tao to get to the piano. Tao nodded his head to the beat and mouthing ‘1, 2, 3, and go’

Kyungsoo didn’t miss a beat as he waited for the piano intro.

“더는 망설이지 마 제발
내 심장을 거두어가"
Don’t wait anymore please
Take my heart instead

“그래 날카로울수록 좋아
달빛조차도 눈을 감은 밤”
Yes, it is good as it is sharp
Even the moon closed its eyes this night

“나 아닌 다른 남자였다면
희극 안의 한 구절이었더라면”
If I were a different man
And if I had a passage in a comedy

“너의 그 사람과 바꾼 상처 모두 태워버려”
I would set fire to all the changed wounds that you and he made

Kyungsoo looked out into the crowed and noticed that Joonmyun’s eyes were staring intently at him. He could feel his palms get a little sweaty as his hand started to shake a little. He did his best to continue without nervousness his voice.

“Baby don’t cry, tonight
어둠이 걷히고 나면”
Baby don’t cry, tonight
After the darkness has lifted

Kyungsoo saw that Joonmyun’s eyes didn’t tear away from him. He started to feel a knot in his stomach. He could feel beads of sweat drop down his face, his legs started to get numb, and there was an uncomfortable itch on his foot.

“Baby don’t cry, tonight
없었던 일이 될 거야”
Baby don’t cry, tonight
It’ll be like nothing ever happened

It was like Kyungsoo and Joonmyun were having an intense staring contest and Kyungsoo was losing, bad. He could feel his hands starting to shake and his mouth get drier. 

“물거품이 되는 것은 니가 아니야,
끝내 몰라 야 해 던”
You will never become a bubble,
In the end you don’t have to know

“So baby don’t cry, cry—“ Kyungsoo could feel it. He felt his voice crack. He looked at the crowed to see that all their eyes were on him in disbelief. He looked back over to Joonmyun whose eyes were wide with shock. His hands went numb and his grip around the mic loosened as it fell to the ground with a loud screech.

Kyungsoo darted off the stage without looking back.

Kai and Tao glanced at each other and nodded. Kai ran after Kyungsoo while Tao tried to fix the situation. “I’m sorry ladies and gentlemen, we are… uhh… having technical difficulties. Please enjoy some classical piano music.”

Jooonmyun watched as the whole thing happened from across the room. He caught Kyungsoo’s eyes which seemed to be filled with fear. He watched him race off with the tan boy right behind him.

“Well it looks like he isn’t so good after all.” Kris said turning his head back around.

“Yeah that was one bad voice crack.” Lay said sipping on his champagne. 

“I sure hope he was worth it Joon-Where did Joonmyun go.” Luhan asked.

They all looked around to see that Joonmyun had left them.

“He’s over there!” Xiumin said pointing in the direction Kyungsoo had ran off to.

“What the—“ Kris went after him and the others followed suit.

----

Kai somehow lost Kyungsoo running out of the ballroom. “.” Then Kai realized that there was one place Kyungsoo could be to calm himself down.

Joonmyun lost Kai, who lost Kyungsoo so now, he had no idea where he was. He didn’t know why he was chasing after him, but the fear that Kyungsoo had in his eyes, he had a gut feeling that he should do something about it.

“Joonmyun, where the hell are you going?” Kris said panting as he caught up with him.

“Yeah, next time warn us if you run off like that.” Lay said running up behind.

Luhan was happily skipping along. “This is fun.”

“So can you tell us why you ran off?” Xiumin asked.

“Kyungsoo. I need to find him.”

“Well hell, he could be anywhere. This is a god damn department store.” Kris said exhaustedly.

Xiumin’s inner light bulb went off. “But it’s your department store. Come on.” Xiumin ran off in a direction and the rest followed suit.

“Xiu..min…where…are…we going.” Joonmyun said panting because this is probably the most he ran since… ever.

“Shut up and follow me.” Xiumin stopped right in front of the security office.

“Oh you’re smart.” Joonmyun complimented.

“I know.” They went inside to find two security guards lazily lounging around. “Ahem.”

They quickly pull their act together and stand up and bow. “Hello, Mr. Kim.”

“Quickly, search the floors for a boy in a suit wandering around.”

“Yes sir!”

It was taking longer than Joonmyun had hoped it would. He felt the need to find Kyungsoo, and fast.

“Sir, we found him. Second floor, in front the Pororo store.” One of the security guards said pointing to the screen.

“Good. You won’t be fired today.” Joonmyun said running out of the room.

“I hate running.” Kris said chasing after him.

“Me too.” Lay followed.

“I like to watch Xiumin’s jiggle.” Luhan said running after Joonmyun.

Kris, Lay and Xiumin stop and stare as he ran off.

“What the-“ Xiumin patted his and looked behind him. “My doesn’t jiggle.” The other two snicker a little, earning a pretty mean glare from Xiumin. “Ugh, come on.” He said running off.

Kris and Lay follow him 2 steps behind. “It does jiggle a bit.” Kris whispered in Mandarin, causing Lay to laugh.

----

Kai found Kyungsoo sitting on the floor silently crying in front of the Pororo store. 

Kyungsoo didn’t look up until he felt a pair of arms warp around him and that’s when he started to cry harder. “I’m sorry Kai. I messed up so bad. I didn’t think I would.”

Kai pulled away and wiped his tears away. “Look, don’t worry. It will be okay. We’ll say our apologies and it will be ok. So don’t cry. You don’t want those tears to blur my pretty face now would you?”

Kyungsoo chuckled and gave Kai a hug. “Thanks Kai.”

Suddenly footsteps came up behind them. Kai turned around to see 5 men out of breath. 

“You…” Joonmyun said panting as he supported himself on his knees. 

Kai stood up and helped Kyungsoo up also. They both bowed and were spurting apologies left and right.

Joonmyun walked up to Kyungsoo and held him by the shoulders. “You…”

Kyungsoo was waiting for a yelling, or a vigorous shake, or maybe even a slap. He braced himself with his eyes wide.

“You. Are you alright?”

The question shocked Kyungsoo, Kai, and the other men that were standing with them.

“Ye-yes.” Kyungsoo managed to get out after realizing he was just staring at Joonmyun for the longest time. “I-I’m sorry for ruining your party.” He bowed again.

“Look—stop bowing!” Joonmyun said as he pulled Kyungsoo’s body up. “Look, as long as you’re alright, it doesn’t matter.”

“What’s gotten into Joonmyun.” Lay whispered to Xiumin.

“Yeah he’s acting weird.” Kris joined.

“I don’t know. Ever since that boy he’s been like fawning over him.” Xiumin whispered back. “Ow!” Xiumin turns around to see Luhan smiling. “Di-did you just pinch my ?!”

Luhan just nods. 

Xiumin stares as him in disgust as he scurries away from him and to the opposite side of Kris.

“I-I’ll find a way to make it up to you, sir.”

Kai squeezed his hand, causing Kyungsoo to look over at him, and gave him a what-are-you-doing look, but Kyungsoo just shushed him.

“I’ll make it up to you. I’m sorry.”

Joonmyun raises an eyebrow. “Do you really want to make it up to me?” Joonmyun said leaning in a little close to Kyungsoo.

Kai felt his hands form fists as he was about ready to er punch the rich bastard that was in front of him. 

Kyungsoo knew how Kai would react so he grabbed his wrist and squeezed hard.

“Yes sir.” He replied.

“Then, go on a date with me.”

“Ay?!” Kai screamed out.

The other four behind him were also confused. “Did he just—“ Kris questioned.

Lay cut him off. “Yeah I think he did.” 

“I knew it.” Xiumin said rolling his eyes.

“That’s sooooo cute!”

“Well what would it be? You can either go on a date with me, or you can pay me back for those suits, and not accept payment for tonight.”

“I… I’ll go on a date with you.”

“Great. I’ll set up a time with you later. Right now, I think there are guests that need to be entertained.” Joonmyun said walking off. “Let’s go guys.” 

The others just shrugged and followed Joonmyun back to the ballroom.

One they were out of site Kai turned to Kyungsoo. “Yah Do Kyungsoo, are you insane?!”

“Don’t use that tone of voice with me! I am your hyung you know that?”

“One minute you’re crying, the next, you’re putting me in my place. Unbelievable.”

Kyungsoo sighed as he started to walk off. “It’s not like I had much of a choice anyways.”

Kai furiously ran his hands though his hair. He supposed that they had to finish the night before first before trying to talk some sense into Kyungsoo.



 

 

A/N: YAY UPDATE. Suho asked Kyungsoo on a date. WOOT. But it was kind of rude don't ya think? Suho if you want him to like you, that's not the way to do it! :(

Anyways, I'll be updating Cops and Robbers in probably 4~6 hours. Haha. 

I hope you guys enjoy reading and leave comments~ I'd like to see your feedback!

Oh and let's not forget to mention how Kris looks in just a white v-neck....

I still need a banner for this story... anyone? Anyone at all D:??