The Suit

Sound of Love

 

 “You know this is out of character.” He whispered to himself. But he brushed that thought off because he was just in need of entertainment for his party.

Kyungsoo’s voice would be the perfect entertainment.

----

Joonmyun found himself being really bored at the office during the week. There were no businesses to take over, his profits were already increasing, and Xiumin was being a nuisance as always.

When Joonmyun told him about the new band that was going to be playing, Xiumin thought it was funny how Joonmyun was kind of swooned over by the lead singer.

“I am not!” Joonmyun cried out.

“Oh really? Ahem the exact words you used were, and I quote, ‘He’s cute, yet charming; Young, yet his voice is so mature; Soothing, yet y.’ Do you really think you’re not head over heels for this kid?”

“Whatever. I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“And buying him and his band, suits? Really? When have you bought me anything?”

“Uh, how about that car for your last birthday? And that condo before that? Oh don’t forget that cruise.” Joonmyun shot back.

“Well… Okay you got me there, but you better be careful Joonie. We don’t want you spending your money to get someone’s heart.”

“Please, I can get someone to like me without my money.”

Xiumin stared at him for a second, blinking. Then busted out laughing and fell out of his chair. “Good one Joon, good one.”

“Whatever.  Just make sure the car is ready for tomorrow and Kris knows I’m coming by his shop.”

“Whatever you say lover boy.”

----

Joonmyun arrived at the restaurant at exactly noon and there was no sight of the band and more importantly Kyungsoo anywhere.

He checked his watch. 12:05. “Where the are these kids. I have no patience and they are seriously not going to get another pay day once I’m through with them!”

Just then he turns around to see the smaller boy almost dragging the other two along. Another minute later and his patience would have run out. As he watched them approach him, the tall dark one turned around and started to walk backwards as if he was trying to say something to the others without Joonmyun looking. It’s not like he was good at reading lips so why was he didn’t understand why he had to do that.

They reached the front of the restaurant and Kyungsoo politely bowed. “Hello, Mr. Joonmyun.”

The other two stood there looking kind of annoyed and definitely seemed like they didn’t want to be there.

Kyungsoo placed one hand on each of their backs and forcefully pushed them both into a bow. “Hello.” They said as politely as possible with a slight undertone of annoyance.

“Finally. Do you know how long I’ve been waiting? Seriously this is not accept—“

“I’m sorry.” Kyungsoo quickly said. “It was my fault. It won’t happen again.” He said as he bowed.

Joonmyun couldn’t say anything else because the way he apologized was kind of adorable and he couldn’t bring himself to get upset at the way his eyes were almost going to pop out of his head.

“Tch. Whatever.”

“Oh. This is Kai, our guitarist. And this is Tao the drummer.”

They both bowed. “Pleased to meet you.” Their voices were so disinterested, you had to find their interest with a microscope.

“Alright just get in the car. We shouldn’t be late.”

----

“You’re late.” Kris said tapping his foot at the door.

“Yeah well you know, traffic and . Anyway, these kids need suits for my party tomorrow. You can handle that right?”

“Yes Joonmyun, I can handle it. Tiffany, Jessica, take the shorter two. I’ll handle the talk dark looking kid.”

Tao scoffed at his comment.

Joonmyun sat down in the waiting area as he watched Kris and his assistants work their magic. His eyes particularly lingered towards a cute looking doe-eyed boy.

He looked so lost when the assistant was working with him. His eyes stayed glued to the mirror in front of him as the assistant asked him questions. He seemed so lost and flustered that he often asked her to repeat what she had said.

Joonmyun thought it was cute.

----

“Raise your arms.” Kris ordered.

Tao did what he was told because he wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. He swore being around rich people provided him with an uncomfortable itch.

“Ok arms by your side.”

Tao glanced around the store to see mannequins clothed with clothes that probably cost more than his entire life.

“How tall are you?” Kris asked.

“I don’t know. 6’1”? almost 6’2”?”

“Ever thought about modeling?”

“What?”

“You’ve got good proportions.” Kris circled him, eyeing him up and down. “Your arms are nice and toned.” He said as he gave one a nice squeeze. “Your chest is nice that it doesn’t protrude too much.” Kris’ hand lingered on the chest a little too long for Tao’s comfort. “You’ve got a nice .” Kris said as he gave one of the soft globes a little squeeze.

Tao reacted with primal instinct as he turned around and proceeded to lift his leg up into a high kick. He stopped short of Kris’ face realizing that he could probably get sued out the for assaulting someone like Kris. He gently put his leg back down.

Kris didn’t flinch at the sudden oncoming kick. In fact, he kind of liked it. “Plus, you are cute.”

Tao tried to prevent himself from blushing a bit because no one has ever called him ‘cute.’ It was always ‘creepy’ or ‘scary’ or ‘look at that emo kid.’ Either way he wasn’t going to let some rich get the best of him. “Whatever.”

Kris just smirked. “If you change your mind, here’s my card. I’d love to have someone like you model my clothes.” He said in a soft sensual voice that gave Tao a shiver down his spine.

“Wait here; I’ll go pull a suit for you.” He walked off towards the back. “Girls, I need those measurements.”

The two girls followed Kris and rushed to the back. Seconds later they come back out with a few suits and tuxes for them to try on.

“For Tao over here, we have a solid black double ed suit, with step lapels, nice tight trousers, and simple silk black board tie.” He said handing the outfit over to Tao and ushering him into a changing room.

“For Kai, we have a solid black single ed suit, with a pointed lapels, black trousers, and a silk black skinny tie.” He ushered Kai into the stall next to Tao.

“For Kyungsoo, we have a solid black single ed suit, with step lapels, black trousers, and a silk black bowtie.” He gave Kyungsoo the suit and pushed him into the stall next to Kai.

Kris plopped down on the couch next to Joonmyun. “You girls can go back to work now.” He said to Tiffany and Jessica, who bowed and went to the back.

“So Joonie.” Kris mocked his name

“What Krissy?” And Joonmyun mocked right back.

“Cute little boyfriend you have there.” He said with a smirk.

“Can it will you! He could hear you.” He said in a loud whisper.

“So you admit that he’s your boyfriend.”

“No. I  admit that he’s the entertainment to my party tomorrow. I can’t have them showing up in something less than the best now can I?”

“Uh huh sure whatever. You’re paying for the suits right?”

Joonmyun rolled his eyes. “Sure, fine whatever. Put it on my bill.”

Kris chuckled at him. “I’ll make Tao’s on the house.”

“Oh so when it’s your crush, he gets free things?”

“He’s not a crush. He’s an investment. He’d be a damn good model.”

“Sure Kris, sure.”

The doors to the changing rooms open as the three step out of it. Joonmyun could hear little gasps in the back from the female employees. His eyes dart directly towards one person. He could’ve sworn he had gasped a little bit also upon seeing him.

Kris gave Tao a up and down glance. “Nice. I did a good job.” He circled around Tao, then Kai and then finally Kyungsoo making sure everything was in place and looked good. “Alright girls, let’s get these suits wrapped up for them so they can be on their way.”

“Yes, sir.”

“You boys look good. You better rock that party tomorrow.” Kris said smiling at all of them.

They went inside and changed back into their normal clothes.

“Put it on my bill alright Kris?”

“Yeah yeah.” Kris said waving him off and escorting them out the door. “Oh and Tao, give me a call.” He said throwing him a wink.

Tao shuddered at the action.

----

Joonmyun dropped them off in front of the restaurant. “Remember, tomorrow, be there at 6 so you can set up. Party starts at 7. Don’t be late, or I’ll have your heads. Okay?” He gave a bright smile as he drove off.

Both Tao and Kai turned towards Kyungsoo with a little annoyance in their eyes. Kyungsoo could only look at the ground to avert their gazes.

Kai lifted his chin to meet his gaze. “Kyungsoo. Look at me.”

“Guys, I don’t see what the big deal is.” Kyungsoo said trying to reason with his two friends.

“The deal is, I don’t want to work some rich bastard.” Tao said rubbing his temples.

“It’s good money, and we all know that we need it. Especially me.” Kyungsoo said with a pleading voice.

Kai sighed as he glanced over at Tao. Tao just nodded. “Fine. We’ll do this but only for you!” Kai said sternly. “I don’t care about the money. But we care about you.”

Kyungsoo drew both of them into a hug. “I love you guys.”

They didn’t say anything but just patted him on the back.

----

The next day rolls around and Joonmyun is busy setting up for the party. Well, everyone else is, he is just watching.

“Xiumin! Where are the flowers?!”

“Over there.”

“Xiumin! Is the food ready?”

“Yes.”

“Xiumin! The decorations are crooked.”

“No it’s not, you are just tilting your head. Now stop getting on my before my foot goes up yours.”

“Where’s the band?”

“I don’t know, didn’t you say they’d be here at 6? It’s not 6 yet.”

“Ugh. They better not be late.”

“We’re not.” Kai said with an attitude.

“Oh good. You can set up over there.” Joonmyun said pointing to the stage.

“Right this way.” Xiumin said motioning them over.

Kai turned to Kyungsoo and mouthed ‘I don’t like him’

Kyungsoo mouthed a I’m sorry and of course Kai couldn’t stay mad at the doe-eyed boy.

They get busy setting up as Joonmyun watched the from across the room.

“They’re cute.” Xiumin said sitting next to him.

“Yeah whatever. They’re the best I could find.” Joonmyun lied. He only thought of them because he really wanted to hear Kyungsoo sing again. He didn’t know why but that voice of his sent chills down Joonmyun’s spine the first time he heard it. He could feel the passion and the emotion that Kyungsoo put into every note he sang. He could mention that he looked adorable in a suit, but he wouldn’t.

Xiumin looked at his watch. “It’s time for you to go get ready.”

“Alright.” Joonmyun stood up and walked towards the stage.

“But—this way—“ Xiumin said pointing in the opposite direction. He then realized where Joonmyun was going.

“Hey.” Joonmyun said stopping in front of the stage.

The taller two looked up. Kai tapped Kyungsoo’s shoulder. He turned around and pulled his headphones out. “Oh Hello.” He said bowing.

“I just wanted to make sure you’re accommodated and everything.” Joonmyun said politely, which was kind of out of nature.

“We’re fine thank you.” Kyungsoo said bowing. The other two jus scoffed a little.

“Anyway. Please make it a good night. There are a lot of important people that are going to be here tonight, and I don’t want their night to be ruined by bad music. Alright?”

Kyungsoo politely bowed. “Yes sir.”

“Joonmyun, Kyungsoo. Joonmyun.” He said raising his hand as a gesture to stop calling him sir, and went on his way.

They went back to setting up. For some reason though, Kyungsoo’s hands were shaking and the mic that he picked up slipped from his hands and hit the floor causing it to send a screeching noise throughout the room.

The other two quickly came up to Kyungsoo. “You alright?” Kai asked holding his hand and feeling his forehead. “You’re not sick or anything right?” but Kyungsoo didn’t respond. Kai turned Kyungsoo’s head so he was facing him this time. “You’re not sick right?”

“No I’m fine. It jus slipped.”

“Bull. Kai look. His hands are shaking like crazy.”

Kai glanced down at his hand and back to his face. Kyungsoo’s eyes followed his gaze. “I’m fine, Kai.”

“Why are you so nervous? You’ve never been nervous before.”

“I-I don’t know…”



 

 

A/N: Okay so I told my self i was gonna have this chapter up like 2 hours ago, but I kept getting distracted.

But here you go. :) Hope you guys enjoy and check out my other story! 

Thanks to all the subscribers, I can't believe I have so many already! 

Leave some comments, I'd love to hear what you guys are thinking~~