The Reveal.

Sound of Love

 

Joonmyun was determined to find out what happened to Kyungsoo’s father’s shop.

And maybe he could bring down whoever took it over. He was determined to help Kyungsoo.

----

Tao was forcefully pushed out of his home the next day by his two so called friends when Kris arrived to pick him up.

“Well I’m surprised to see you.” Kris said smirking leaning against his car.

“Yeah, I’m surprised too.” Tao said in an annoyed voice.

Kris opened the passenger door and motioned for him to get in.

Tao scoffed at the gentlemanly gesture. Kris was not a gentleman at all in his eyes. He got into the car and they drove off to the site of the show.

When they arrived, there were already a bunch of people there. Models, photographers, makeup artists, and coordinators were all rushing around getting prepared for the show.

“I need make up over here!” Kris yelled into the crowd of people and then the next thing he knows, Tao is getting pulled into a seat by two woman he recognized as Kris’ assistants.

They started to apply makeup on him as he watched Kris mingle through the mirror. He saw Kris get really friendly with a couple of, what he assumed other models.

He told himself that he didn’t care that Kris was touching their half bodies, or leaning in close and whispering in their ears, or even when he playfully smacked their behinds. Nope, Tao told himself that he didn’t care.

“You know he really likes you.” A voice said breaking him out of the stare.

“Huh?” He said looking at the voice talking to him. It was Tiffany.

“Kris likes you.” She said smiling. “Me and Jess here have worked for him for quite a while and the way he acts around you is different.”

“Tch. Yeah right.”

“She’s right.” Jessica said speaking up. “He’s never poured so much effort into getting someone to model for him.”

“Yeah, whatever.” Tao said not believing them. He glanced in the mirror and spots Kris looking over and smiling at him. He felt himself blush a little as Kris started to walk over. The two assistants giggled as they walked away.

Kris placed his hands on Tao’s shoulder, causing him to tense up a little bit. “You look great.” He smiled down at him. “Relax and you’ll do fine.”

“Tch. Whatever.” Tao said in an annoyed tone. Kris chuckled to himself as he walked back to the other models. He let out a big breathe that he was holding in and sighed. He didn’t know how he was going to do it.

Tao peeked out behind the curtain to see people already filing into their seats and he suddenly felt nervous. Really nervous and the sweat on his hands were a perfect indication. He glanced around to see Kai and Kyungsoo sitting with their respective dates.  They spot him and excitedly wave and Tao can only unexcitedly wave back.

“I hope he does well.” Kyungsoo whispered into Kai’s ear. Kai nodded in agreement.

Xiumin sat down next to Joonmyun. “I don’t know why I’m here.”

“Free food, hot guys, why wouldn’t you come here?” Joonmyun said laughing.

“Oh Xiumin! Is that you?!” Luhan said almost screaming from across the aisle. He pushed past Lay, Kai, Kyungoo and Joonmyun and forced them to move down a seat so that he could sit down between Joonmyun and Xiumin. “I’m so glad that you’re here!”

“Oh god Luhan.” Xiumin tried wiggling away from him but he couldn’t.

“We never talked about that kiss yet baozi.” Luhan said giggling.

“Wh-what kiss? It wasn’t a kiss! It was CPR!” Xiumin blushed thinking about it because to be honest with himself, it wasn’t a bad kiss.

“Uh huh sure, don’t pretend like you didn’t kiss me back.” Luhan had a victorious smirk on his face as Xiumin buried his in his hands.

“Oh look it’s starting!” Luhan said excitedly as the music started to play.

Kris stepped out from behind the wall and walked down the catwalk with roaring applauds. “Thank you thank you!” He said into the microphone. “I would like to thank all my friends and colleagues who are here today to help me launch my new line. I hope you all enjoy the show!” He quickly rushed into the back as a new track started to play and then the first model walked out.

After a few models, Tao finally came out in an all black outfit. Kai and Kyungsoo cheered loudly for him as he walked down the catwalk. Tao smirked at his name being called but then realized they were the only loud ones and quickly got embarrassed, but none the less, he strutted his stuff down the catwalk.

“Oh Tao’s got a nice , I can see why Kris likes him.” Luhan said eyeing him up and down.

“Excuse you?” Xiumin said a little angered by the comment.

“What?”

“Oh, uhm. Nothing.” Xiumin didn’t realize that he said that out loud and quickly became embarrassed.

“Don’t worry baozi, you’re is still the squishiest.” Luhan said smiling and pinching his cheeks.

“Stop that!” He said thoroughly embarrassed, but couldn’t help agree with him in his mind.

They continued to watch the rest of the show and then in the end, all the models came out followed by Kris.

“I would like to thank ya’all for coming out tonight and I really hope you enjoyed the show. Hope to see everyone at the after party!”

“Come on.” Lay said leading the group. “Let’s go to the back.”

The group followed Lay and found a Tao being de-makeuped as he stared in his mirror watching Kris talk to the other models.

“Oh do I detect a little jealousy?” Kai said smirking.

That snapped Tao out of his daze. “What are you talking about?”

“You were totally starting at Kris touch that guy and I could see your wushu stare coming on.” Kai said laughing. The others laughed along with him in agreement.

“Arg, whatever.”

Just then Kris came over to them.  “Did you guys enjoy the show?” He asked all of them. And of course they all happily nodded. Kris placed his hands on Tao’s shoulders. “Tao over here was a real pro. He strutted down the catwalk like he owned it.”

A visible blush came over Tao’s face and Kai and Kyungsoo couldn’t help but laugh.

“You guys are going to the after party right?” Kris asked.

“Of course.” Joonmyun called out.

“I mean who wouldn’t want to hang out with some stud muffins.” Luhan said happily.

“Tch. What’s so great about muscled bodies.” Xiumin said upset.

“Awhhh is my baozi upset?”

“No I’m not upset!” Xiumin said angrily only causing Luhan to giggle and pinch his cheeks.

“Can one of you guys take Tao? I gotta take Nichkhun and Taecyeon.” Kris said pointing back to the other models.

“I suddenly don’t feel like going.” Tao said getting up and walking away.

“What’s with him?” Kris asked. The others just shrugged as they watched him leave. “I’m going to go talk to him.”

Kris pushed past the others as the chased after him. “Tao!” He called out, but Tao ignored him. “Tao!” He tried again, but Tao kept walking along.

Kris finally caught up to him and grabbed his wrist to turn him around. “What’s gotten into you?”

“Nothing.” Tao said furiously pulling his arm back.

“Then why are you acting like this.” Kris asked almost as fierce.

“I’m not acting like anything!” Tao yells. “Just leave me alone!”

“That’s what I’ve been doing, and then you go off and act like this! I’ve given you space. I’ve left you along. What more do you want from me?!” Kris says just as loud.

“Well maybe I don’t want space! Maybe I want you to be all up in my face! Ever thought of that?!” Tao yells.”

“Well—wait what?” Kris was confused now, where did that come from?

Tao realized what he said and thoroughly blushed. “Nevermind.” He said quietly turning away again, but before he knew it Kris turned him around and cupped his face to plant a kiss on his lips. Tao didn’t react. He could stare blankly at him with his mouth slightly opened.

Kris laughed at the bewildered expression.

“What is wrong with you!” Tao yelled, hitting his arm.

“Isn’t that what you wanted?” Kris said raising his eyebrow.

“Well—“

“I gotta go, so make sure you come to the party okay?” Kris said leaving him.

Tao found his way back to the group after trying to figure out what just happened.

“What happened?” Kai asked upon his return.

“I don’t know.” He replied.

----

They all arrived to the party where it was already loud. Kris spotted them from afar and headed over towards them. “Come with me.” He whispered in Tao’s ear as his hand slithered around his waist.

The others watched with questioning eyes.

Kris pulled Tao over to two models from earlier. “Taecyeon, Nichkhun, this is my boyfriend Tao.”

“Boyfriend?!” Tao looked at him with a puzzled look.

The other two chuckled. “Nice to meet you. I’m Nichkhun.” He extended his hand and Tao shyly shook it.

“I’m Taecyeon.” He did the same.

“Alright well I’ll see you guys later. Enjoy yourselves.” They waved as Kris pulled Tao somewhere else with his arm still around his waist.

“Where are we going?” Tao asked struggling out of his grip.

“So?”

“So what?”

“You’re not going to object?”

“Object what?”

“To being my boyfriend.” Kris said smirking.

“Wh-what?! Of course I object!” Tao said yelling.

Kris smirked and kissed Tao again. This time, Tao kissed back as he wrapped his arms around Kris’ neck. Kris broke the kiss first. “Well looks like you don’t.”

Tao pushed him away. “Tch. Whatever.” He said with a pout.

Kris wrapped his arms around his waist from behind and let his chin rest on his shoulder. “Let’s go find our friends then hmm?”

Tao blushed and shyly nodded as Kris intertwined their hands pulled him through the crowd of people.

----

Luhan had pulled Xiumin towards the bar and Lay and Kai had raced to the dance floor leaving Kyungsoo and Joonmyun standing there a little awkwardly.

Joonmyun quickly took Kyungsoo’s hand and led him out of the party.

They walked down the street a bit before Kyungsoo realized that they were still holding hands and retracted it.

“Oh, sorry.” Joonmyun said chuckling nervously. “It didn’t seem like your type of scene so I thought maybe we could go for a walk.”

“Thanks.”  Kyungsoo said smiling as he watched Joonmyun from the corner of his eye as they walked.

An awkward silence came over them as they continued to walk down a busy street. Neither of them said anything but just silently walked next to each other with their hands swinging at their sides. Their hands brushed briefly and both of them shyly turned away.

Somehow they ended up at a park and then sat themselves down on a bench.

“It’s nice outside.” Kyungsoo said looking up at the stars.

Joonmyun glanced over at him “Yeah it is.” He cheesily did a fake yawn and threw his arm over Kyungsoo, pulling him a little closer. Kyungsoo chuckled at the action and let his head casually lean on the other’s shoulder.

They sat like that for a while in silence as they stared up at the sky. It was no longer an uncomfortable, awkward silence, no, they were slowly becoming comfortable with each other.

Soon enough, Joonmyun found a sleeping Kyungsoo on his shoulder. He smiled at how peaceful he looked and didn’t dare think of waking him.

His phone went off and he hastily picked it up, hoping the ringtone didn’t wake him and luckily it didn’t.

“Hello?” He said in a whisper.

“HEY!” The voice yelled over the booming music in the background.

“What’s up Xiumin?”

“I just wanted to let you know that the files got faxed over to your office about the thing you asked about.”

“BAOZI!!” A voice yelled in the background.

“Oh god. Hey look, I gotta go take Luhan home. Stupid is drunk off his —STOP TRYING TO TOUCH MY . See in you at work!” With that Xiumin hung up.

Joonmyun laughed to himself imagining Xiumin taking care of a drunk Luahn. He looked over at the sleeping boy next to him and slightly nudged him, wakening him from his slumber.

He drowsily rubbed his eyes and checked his surrounding and got a little surprised to see Joonmyun next to him.

Joonmyun smiled. “Time to go to home.

Kyungsoo nodded with his eyes half open.

Joonmyun dropped Kyungsoo off in front of his apartment and instead of letting himself get a goodnight kiss, he planted one on Kyungsoo’s cheek instead. Kyungsoo’s face turned red out of embarrassment as he ran into his apartment covering his face. Joonmyun could only chuckle as he watched him leave.

Now it was time for some serious business. Joonmyun went back to his office to finally discover what he was waiting to find out.

He flipped through the papers titled ‘Do Donuts’.

He stopped at one sentence.

‘Company taken over by The Guardian Department Store.’

“No…It can’t be.” He whispered to himself.

His company is the cause for Kyungsoo’s parents death.


 


 

 

A/N: So most of you guessed it. :P Anyways YAY FOR NEW CHAPTER.

Some of you already subscirbed to my new story 'The Chasers' When I haven't even started it yet! You guys are really great ._____.

In recent EXO news, They'll have cameos in SM's new drama and ALL THE PREDEBUT PICTURES! Am i the only one who likes their hair now rather than before? I like Lay's hair though. ahaha. Anyway~

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, comment and subscribe! Feedback is always welcomed! Oh, by the way, more twists to come