The Past

Sound of Love

 

 “Yeah yeah, just be good to Kyungsoo. He seems like a great kid.” Lay says playfully pushing him.

“I’ll do my best.” Joonmyun says genuinely.

----

I’m on fire, but it doesn’t hurt. There’s no pain.

But I hear screams. Screams that hurt worse than the fire ever would.

I want to reach out, to help them. But it was no use.

There’s was only fire and screams of pain.

I see a hand reach out to me and—

Kyungsoo wakes up in a cold sweat and trying to catch his breath. He goes into the bathroom and splashes cold water on his face. “It was only a dream.” Kyungsoo says to himself, even though he knows it’s futile.

He calms himself down a bit and notices the smell of breakfast and he knew that could only mean one thing.

“Good morning Kyungsoo!” Joonmyun said cheerfully as he walked out into the kitchen.

“Here again?” Kyungsoo said plopping down in front of him and next to Kai, who was happily enjoying the food.

“I just wanted to see how you were after yesterday.”

Kyungsoo blushed a little. “I’m fine thanks.” He sat down at the table and ate a little bit.

“So what are we doing today?” Joonmyun said smiling.

“Huh?” Kyungsoo asked with a mouth full.

“What are we doing today?”

“Who’s we?” Kyungsoo asked him confused.

“You and me.”

“Huh?” Kyungsoo was now really confused.

“Well I decided that we should go on another date and so that I don’t have to just follow you around all day again.”

“Uh…” Kyungsoo couldn’t even answer before Joonmyun pulled him up and out the door. He glanced back to his friends who just waved at him and happily munched down on the free food.

----

“Where are we going?” Kyungsoo asked sitting in the passenger seat of Joonmyun’s car.

“Wherever you want.” Joonmyun smiled.

“But I don’t want to go anywhere.”

“Alright.” Joonmyun said. “I’ll choose.”

They arrived at a park near the Han River and Joonmyun pulled him out of the car and over to a small table set up with a waiter standing next to it.

“Wh-what is this?”

Joonmyun turned to him and smiled. “It’s a picnic.”

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. “This.” He said using his hands to exaggerate. “Is not a picnic. This is more like what rich people do to impress people.”

Joonmyun chuckled. “Well I am rich, so… Let’s eat!” Joonmyun said sitting down.

Kyungsoo smiled. It amused him that Joonmyun was going through so much trouble, just for him.

They ate kind of awkwardly, with minimal conversation. Neither knew what to say or what to do.

But then Kyungsoo spoke up. “Thank you. For last night. You know, taking care of me and such.”

Joonmyun smiled. “Don’t worry about it. I’m glad that I could be there for you.”              

Kyungsoo gave him a smile that touched his heart. He’s fallen for the boy and he doesn’t even know how.

“I bet you’re curious.” Kyungsoo said poking at his food.

“About what?”

“My parents.” Kyungsoo said quietly.

“Oh no no!” Joonmyun lied. He was curious. “You don’t have to tell me.”

Kyungsoo began to tell him anyways. He felt like because Joonmyun was there for him, it was reasonable for him to know, plus he couldn’t keep it in any longer with the dreams reoccurring. “It was a couple of years ago when I was 16. We were out at a family dinner celebrating my mom’s birthday. It was me, my mom and my dad. We were having a good time.” He chuckled a little. “And they were pestering me about if I had a girlfriend or not. I joked and told them that they’re the ones who told me not to date until after I get a degree. They told me they weren’t getting any younger and wanted some grandchildren. Well at least my mom did.”

Kyungsoo took a sip of water to alleviate his dry throat and continued. “But then in the middle of dinner my dad got a call.” He took a pause trying to handle himself before continuing. “His business was taken over by some corporation. He was devastated. He built his business from the ground up and then to have it swept right out from underneath him, I could only imagine his pain. So then he started drinking. He drank…. A lot.”

Joonmyun knew where this was going. His heart ached listening to the story. He didn’t know one person could go through so much. Coming from such a privileged life, he didn’t have to deal with anything Kyungsoo has had to deal with.

“Me and my mom insisted that he didn’t drive home, but he wouldn’t listen. We foolishly got into the car with him and then…” Kyungsoo wiped a small tear away. “And then we crashed. The next thing I know, everything was on fire. All I could hear were the screams of my parents and I couldn’t do anything.” Kyungsoo held his composure as he choked on some sobs. “The next thing I know, there’s a hand pulling me out and carrying me away. The last thing I heard was an explosion and then blacking out. I woke up the hospital and then the doctors…” He cleared his throat a little. “Told me that my parents have passed away.”

The next thing he knows, Kyungsoo is being embraced into a hug.

Joonmyun buries his face into Kyungsoo’s shoulder. “I’m sorry for what you had to go through and I’m glad that you are able to open up to me. I just want you to know that I’m going to be here for you.” He pulled out of the hug and stared into his eyes, which were kind of in shock. “Understand?”

Kyungsoo shook his head no. “You kind of mumble when you whisper and your head is on my shoulder.” He said smiling a little.

“Oh.” He chuckled a bit. “I just wanted to thank you for sharing with me and to let you know that I’m here for you okay?”

Kyungsoo smiled and nodded. “Thank you, Joonmyun.”

“No. Thank you.”

They finished their lunch in the park and then went off to go get ice cream before going off to somewhere else. “Where are we going now?”

“To the department store.”

“Why?”

“You need a new outfit.” Joonmyun said pulling up to the front.

“I do?” Kyungsoo looked down at his clothes and then back at Joonmyun. “Why?”

“For tomorrow night. Kris is having a fashion show for his new line.”

“Okay… and what does that have to do with me?” Kyungsoo asked confused.

“You, are my date.” He said smiling as he got out of the car.

“Wh-wh-what?!” Kyungsoo said in shock, quickly following him. “When did I agree to such a thing?”

Joonmyun didn’t say anything but just led him along. He turned around and instead of grabbing the other’s wrist like he usually does, he let his hand clasp around his. He half expected for Kyungsoo to pull away and half hoped that he wouldn’t. He was glad when he didn’t.

But it didn’t last long. Kyungsoo quickly pulled his hand away when he noticed all the stares from the employees as they walked around the store. He figured they were mumbling about how Joonmyun is the owner and how he was holding hands with Kyungsoo.

Joonmyun noticed the other’s face go a tint of pink as they walked along. He glared back at his employees who immediately turned away and acted like they were busy. He threw his arm around the younger.

Kyungsoo didn’t pull away because Joonmyun’s grip was a little strong and because he felt a little comfort being in Joonnmyun’s grasp. He smiled to himself as they went to store from store.

After what seemed like hours, Joonmyun bought a lot of new things for Kyungsoo, even though he protested after every single purchase, but Joonmyun didn’t listen.

They ate dinner at a fancy restaurant where Kyungsoo still protested about the new clothes and the party the next day, but Kyungsoo convinced him that Tao would be going and so would Kai so he wouldn’t be alone and to not worry about the clothes because he wouldn’t have his date looking less than his best. Kyungsoo sighed in defeat as they finished their meal.

“Do you want dessert?” Joonmyun asked as they left the restaurant.

“Can we?” Kyungsoo asked with innocent eyes.

“Where to?”

“Can we go get donuts?”

“Donuts? For dessert?” Joonmyun raised an eyebrow.

Kyungsoo nodded shyly. “My dad owned a donut shop, and talking about it today made me want some.”

Joonmyun made an ‘O’ with his mouth. “What was the shop called?”

Kyungsoo giggled. “Do Donuts. He was always a punny man.” He smiled as he recalled his past.

Joonmyun threw his arm over him. “Alright, we can go get anything you want!”

And so they went to a donut store and ordered themselves some.

“Do you ever want to open one?” Joonmyun asked with his mouth full.

“Talk without a full mouth Joonmyun.” Kyungsoo said rolling his eyes.

“Do you ever want to open your own store?” Joonmyun said after he swallowed his food.

Kyungsoo shrugged. “I don’t know if I would be able too.”

“And why is that?”

Kyungsoo laughed awkwardly. “Just because. Anyway, it’s getting late. I should be getting home.” He said running off.

“Yah, wait for me!”

----

They stood outside Kyungsoo’s home a little awkwardly, waiting for the other to say something.

“Thanks.” Kyungsoo said speaking up. “For today. I had fun.”

Joonmyun smiled at him. “So did I.”

Again an awkward silence came over them.

“Okay well bye!” Kyungsoo said as he quickly placed a kiss on Joonmyun’s cheek and ran into his apartment.

Joonmyun stood there in shock as he slowly brought a hand up to cover his cheek. He felt his heart race and his face get hot. A smile came over him and he started to pump his fists in the air and did a little victory dance.

Kyungsoo let out a big sigh as he closed the door behind him. He looked up to see Tao really angry and Kai trying to calm him down.

“What’s going on?” Kyungsoo said speaking up.

“Thank god you’re here. Please talk some sense into him.” Kai said.

“I don’t need sense talked into me! I’m not doing it.”

“Not doing what?” Kyungsoo asked sitting down next to Kai on the couch.

“I’m not modeling for Kris!”

“Why not?” Kyungsoo asked tilting his head.

“Why not? Because he frustrates me!” Tao practically yelled. “You know what he did? He had the nerve to come over here today, right? And then he came in without my permission and sat down on the couch. I asked him what the hell he was doing and he told me that I am going to be a model in his fashion show tomorrow and after that, he just left! He left! He just got up and walked out of here!”

“Wait wait, so what’s the frustrating part?”

Tao was caught off guard by the question. “Well…. Uhh… the part where he told me that I was going to model without even asking me. Yeah! That part!”

“Aren’t you working for him though?” Kyungsoo asked confused. “Didn’t you already model for him.”

“Well yeah, doesn’t mean I’m going to model for him again!”

“Well isn’t he going to pay you?”

“Yeah, he did mention that.”

Kyungsoo scratched his head and turned to Kai who shrugged because he had no idea either. “So… what’s the problem?”

“Well don’t you think it’s rude that he came in here and told me that I’d be modeling?”

“Not really. You opened the door.”

“Well he can’t just demand things from me like that!” Tao said, his voice rising again.

“Maybe, rather than being frustrated by his actions, you’re more frustrated by him.” Kyungsoo said smirking.

“Wh-what are you talking about?”

“You don’t seem so angry about him asking you to model, but more angry about him ‘just leaving’.”

“Yah. Do Kyungsoo. I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Tao said a little flustered.

Kyungsoo shrugs as he gets up. “I’m going to bed.”

Kai is left there snickering at Tao. “Yah! Stop that!” Tao said hitting his arm.

"Come on, just do it. It’s not that big of a deal.”

“Tch. Whatever.” Tao said annoyed at his friends.

“Just admit you think he’s hot and move on.” Kai said patting him on the back as he left for the bedroom also.

“What?!”

----

“Hello?” Xiumin said in a drowsy voice over the phone.

“Good, you’re awake.”

“ you. What the hell do you want?” He said annoyed.

“I need you to research a place for me. It’s called Do Donuts.”

“Really? You’re calling me because you found a new place to take over. Couldn’t this wait till tomorrow?!” Xiumin practically yelled over the phone.

“No no, it’s already closed down. I need to know who  took it over.”

“Huh?”

“Just do it.” And with that he hung up.

Joonmyun was determined to find out what happened to Kyungsoo’s father’s shop.

And maybe he could bring down whoever took it over. He was determined to help Kyungsoo.



 

 

A/N: Yay for finally updating! Sorry I've been slow. It's a mixture of laziness and writer's block. And I'm distracted by the EXO tag on tumblr. Ugh Luhan's smile / laugh is getting to me and he's climbing the bias list ladder. Great.

But I think this story is close to ending. Probably like 4-5 more chapters? If I don't get carried away. At the most 10 more. LOL

I've already got an idea for my next fic. i'm going to try to make it really ansty because i've only been doing very cute stuff lol. 

Anyways, please comment and subscribe! I love some feedback :)