The 'Teleporter'

Sound of Love

 

 “Speak of the devil.”

Kai opened the door and a second later, his fist connected with Joonmyun’s face.

Tao and Kyungsoo stood in shock when they saw Joonmyun hit the floor. Kai raised his fist for another hit, but Tao and Kyungsoo quickly jumped on him pulling him back.

“Let me go!” Kai yelled. “I’m going to get that bastard!” He was struggling to get out of their hold because two versus one wasn’t very fair.

Joonmyun propped himself up on the floor as he wiped his lip, finding a little blood. “You’re going to ing hear from my lawyer.”

“Bring it on!” Kai screamed out.

“Kai stop it!” Kyungsoo shouted. “Stop!”

Kai stopped struggling as soon he heard soft sobs coming from Kyungsoo. “Stop please.”

Kai turned around and lifted his head up so he could look into his eyes. He carefully wiped his tears away. “Don’t cry Kyungsoo. I’m sorry.” He pulled him into a hug, caressing his back and quietly ‘shh’-ing him.

“I think it’s best for you to leave.” Tao said turning his head towards Joonmyun.

“But I need to talk to—“

“No you don’t.” Tao said getting all up in Joonmyun’s face.

Kyungsoo looked over Kai’s shoulder to see Tao confronting Joonmyun. “Wait” He called out. They all looked over at him. “Let…let me talk to him.” He said wiping his tears and releasing himself from Kai’s hug.

Kai just scoffed. “Whatever, I’m out of here.” He purposely bumped into Joonmyun as he left the apartment.

“Kai wait!” Kyungsoo called out, but he was already out the door.

Tao sighed and turned towards Kyungsoo. “I’ll be in the room.” Kyungsoo nodded as Tao left the two standing in the living room.

“What are you doing here?” Kyungsoo asked as he sat down on the couch.

Joonmyun sighed as he brought in the shopping bags from earlier with some difficulty. “You forgot these.” He said placing them down in front of Kyungsoo.

Joonmyun sat down next to him and Kyungsoo merely glanced at him. “Look Kyungsoo, about what I said, I didn’t mean it like that. It was that I was just a little surprised that people live in places like this.”

“Places like this? You mean poor homes?” Kyungsoo said scoffing.

“No!” Joonmyun could feel himself digging himself into a bigger hole. “That’s not what I meant! I meant—“

“Look Joonmyun. I don’t know why you’ve been so nice to me, but we’re from two different worlds. You’re rich, and well, I’m not. ”

“Kyungsoo—“

“I think it’s better if you just… leave me alone and forget me.”

“Kyungsoo—“

“Can you just please… leave…”

Joonmyun was speechless. The only thing he wanted to do was protect him, but he ended up hurting him instead. He thought maybe, maybe he did need to just leave. “Okay.” He said in defeat. “I’ll leave.”

Kyungsoo watched as Joonmyun dragged himself out. Kyungsoo sighed as he slouched back into the couch. He find himself relieved because having someone like Joonmyun in his life, he knew that it was going to be troublesome. Kyungsoo just wanted to live simply with his two best friends, even if that means they had to struggle a little bit. He was happy.

Tao burst out of the room and plopped down next to Kyungsoo. “You okay?” Kyungsoo just nodded. Tao noticed the bags and rummaged through them. Kyungsoo could see how excitedly Tao went though the clothes and especially the bags.

“You can have whatever. I don’t want it.” Kyungsoo said moving towards the room.

Tao just squealed excitedly. New things were his weakness.

----

Lay was working late in his office, making sure the new shipment of cars would come in time, calculating profit rates, and things like that until his assistant came rushing though his door.

“Lay!”

“What is it?”

“Remember when we were told about that one street racer?”

“The one that is supposedly faster than me? There has been no news of him for the past year.”

“Yeah, I know, but word on the street says he’s back.”

Lay’s pen dropped. “Where?”

“The course with the old drawbridge on the old side of the city.”

“Then that’s where I’m going.” Lay grabbed his coat and headed to his destination.

Lay arrived to the course where a lot of people have already gathered, watching the race in progress. And as expected, Lay parted the sea like Moses. People were gasping and whispering about him, saying that they haven’t seen him a long time and how he hasn’t been racing recently.

He met up with one of his old pals, who had cameras all over the course, observing from a little table with several monitors. He was the dealer, if you will, taking bets, setting up races, and stuff like that.

“Jongdae.”

“Yixing?!”

“It’s Lay.”

“Whatever! It’s good to see you man! Where the hell have you been?” Jongdae said giving him a hug.

“Busy.”

“Yeah well, you should come out more often. People have been thinking that you’ve lost your game and that you can’t race any more. And you know what that means? People are going to be betting against you, but I know you can prove them wrong.”

Lay sighed. “I’m not here to talk about that Jongdae. Tell me. Is it really him?”

“Take a look.” Jongdae said pointing to the screen. “They’re going into turn 3.”

“Out of?”

“Seven.”

Lay leaned over the table to get a better look at the monitors. On the third monitor he could see bright lights coming towards the camera. The first car drifted and made the first turn with ease. The second car came after him about 2-3 seconds later. “He’s already getting ahead.”

“Yeah I know. This guy’s been gone for like a year, yet he’s still got it.”

“How much is the prize?”

“2 grand.”

“That’s it?”

“The guy said he didn’t have much. He’s trying to race to get more and once he gets enough, he’ll be more.”

“Interesting.” Lay turned his attention back to the screen. They were now into turn 5, and he still had the lead, but now it was increased to about 6 seconds. “There’s no way for any of them to catch up now.”

And Lay was right. Into the last 2 turns, he pulled ahead even more and finished down the straight away strong. He could hear the rev of the engine as it pulled into the cheering crowd.

The driver got out, clothed in a sport jacket, jeans, and a helmet that covered his face.

Lay walked over towards him, eyeing him down and the crowd got quiet.

“So it’s you.” Lay said circling around him and the car.

“So it’s me.” The driver replied.

“The famous ‘Teleporter.’ After so long you’re back.”

“Yes I am.”

Lay eyed him up and down, and then his car. “I can’t believe you won, in this piece of Honda Civic.” Lay said scoffing. There were dents, a little rust, and scratches all over the thing. “Your engine must be really good. Mind if I look under the hood?” Lay asked reaching out for it, about to open it, but he was stopped by a hand placed on top of it.

“Actually, I do mind.”

“Touchy. You know we never got to race back then before, you know, you disappeared.” Lay said stepping closer to him.

“Well if you want to lose, I don’t mind beating you.”

The crowd burst into a large frenzy of ‘Ohs!’ and ‘Oos!’. Lay turned his head slightly annoyed. He raised his hand and clenched it into a fist, shutting the crowd up right away.

“We’ll see about that. Here. Tomorrow. 10.” Lay said stepping a closer.

“What do you want to bet?” The ‘Teleporter’ also stepped forward.

“If I win, you stay off my roads.”

“And If I win?”

“Well what do you want?”

“Bring a good car tomorrow, because it’s going to be mine when I beat you.” He stepped up closer to him only inches away. Face to helmet. He huffed out and turned away. “Chen.” Jongdae tossed him his winnings and he walked towards his car.

“See you then, pretty boy.” He stepped into his car and drove off, leaving the crowed murmuring and whispering about how epic the race would be tomorrow.

Lay just laughed as he walked off.

----

Joonmyun sat in his office recalling what happened last night. He’d hurt Kyungsoo and that was the last thing he wanted to do. Sure, they were from two different worlds, but that didn’t mean Suho couldn’t provide him with everything and everything he could imagine. He could provide Kyungsoo the world if he wanted it.

Joonmyun stood up from his chair. “Yeah!” He yelled. “I’m not going to give up on him! I’m going to give him everything he’s ever wanted! I’m going to make him happy!” He said proudly.

“What the hell are you yapping about?” Xiumin said coming into his office.

“Nothing. Go away. I’m busy.”

“Sounding like an idiot? Yeah I know. What happened to Kyungsoo?

“Well you see…”

“You did not. You bastard, what’d you do?!” Xiumin said a little angry.

“Nothing! It’s just… I kind of unintentionally pointed out his financial situation and how disgusted I was with his small apartment.”

Xiumin face palmed himself. “Oh my god you are so ing stupid. Not to mention a rude bastard.”

“Well I’m going to fix it okay?!”

“You better! He was cute and I liked him.”

Joonmyun rolled his eyes. “He’s mine.”

“Oh so now he’s yours now?” Xiumin asked with a little smirk and his eyebrow raised.

Joonmyun’s face went a little red. “No-that’s—that’s not what I meant!”

“Uh huh. Whatever. You know you—“

“JOONIE!” A voice came bursting into the office.

“Oh god…” Xiumin cursed under his breath because he knew exactly who it was.

“Luhan!” Joonmyun said excitedly.

Luhan’s attention averted away from Joonmyun and landed on someone else. “Why hello there cutie pie, haven’t seen you in a while.” Luhan said pinching Xiumin’s cheeks. “So squishy like a baozi.” He said in a cute voice.

Xiumin slapped his hands away. “Stop that! And stop touching me!”

Luhan gave him a smirk as he smacked his . “I like them feisty. Keep it up.”

Xiumin looked appalled as his face turned red. “Y-yah! Stop it!”

“Luhan,  stop harassing my assistant. Wait, you know what, go ahead. I don’t care.” Joonmyun said chuckling.

Luhan leaned in closer to Xiumin. “So now that I have your boss’ approval, how about you and me go on date hmm?”

Xiumin backed up as he pushed him away. “I have work to do.” He said as he rushed out the door.

“Keep that y!”

He covered his with his clipboard as he walked away.

Joonmyun couldn’t stop laughing at his best friend squirming. Mostly because he was never able to do it and to watch Luhan do it, was hilarious. “So what can I help you with Luhan?”

“Oh! Right! You have to come with me!”

“Why?”

“Lay!  He’s racing tonight!”

“What?!” Joonmyun said standing up. “He hasn’t raced in like, forever!”

“I know! And it’s against the ‘Teleporter’. Come on!”

Joonmyun followed Luhan out of his office. “Later .”

“Later baozi!”

“I hate you bastards.”

----

Lay was sitting in his office trying to do paperwork, but his mind was only focused on the race later tonight.

Kris walked into his office, along with Luhan and Joonmyun.

“Yixing!” Kris called out.

“What.”

“You’re racing!” Luhan said excitedly.

“Are you sure you’re up for it? I mean you haven’t raced in a while. Plus you’re up against that guy.” Joonmyun asked worriedly.

“I’ll be fine. You guys want to come and watch?”

“Heck yes!” Luhan almost screamed. “Nothing screams attractive like hot guys and fast cars. I mean, not you of course, the other guy. I heard he’s a dream boat that’s sailing the heavenly seas.”

The other three gave him a disgusted and disturbed look.

“Whatever. I need to go get my car and make sure it’s ready. I’ll meet you guys there. My assistant will let you know where it is.”

Lay walked out of his office leaving the three questioning whether he was up for this or not.

----

Kris, Luhan, and Joonmyun arrived before Lay, and the crowd was already huge. This was a race that was anticipated for a long time, so no one was going to miss this.

After a bit, Lay pulled up in a silver NISMO 350Z with a red racing stripe on either side of the car. People knew that Lay was serious, although it wasn’t his best or fastest car, it was one of the top cars in his collection.

Lay got out of his car and walked over to his friends. “I’m not losing this race.”

“We can see that.” Joonmyun said glancing over at the car.

“I’m sure, you got this in the bag.” Kris patted his back.

Just then, a 2011 model Subaru Imperza WRX STI, pulled up, parting the crowd letting out cheers and hollers. It was painted bright blue, with white racing strips along the sides.

“Must be him.” Kris said glancing over.

“You can beat him.” Joonmyun assured.

“I bet he’s hot.” Luhan added, earning a shove from Kris.

They anxiously waited for him to get out and present himself, but then the passenger door opened and someone got out.

“Kyungsoo?!” Joonmyun said in shock.

Then, one of the back doors opened and someone else got out.

Kris smirked. “Tao.”

“Then that must mean…” Lay said glancing over at the driver who was walking towards them.

The driver pulled off his helmet and smirked at him. “Yes. I’m the ‘Teleporter’”



 

 

A/N: Sorry for not updating yesterday :((( I was kind of lazy /  busy / lazy 

But I'm going to try to update again later today, if I'm not busy, Just to make it up to you guys! Still weeping at all the Sudo that was in London. They went shopping together .____. how beautiful!!

OH I want to thank all the subscribers. This story finally hit 100! I'm so surprised. I know my writing isn't the best so thank you for reading this .___. it means a lot!

Anyways. Comment with feed back! I'd love to hear some