SEVEN

Close in a Distance

 

“Argh! I can’t understand a single word being taught in just now’s English class.” Yoona complained.

“But the test is next week, right?”

“Seohyun, how’s your revision?” Yuri asked.

“Bad. I couldn’t understand a thing.”

“Even students as excellent as you guys would find it hard?” Yoona asked.

“What to do? If we didn’t pass this test, we can’t graduate.”

“No graduate, means no diploma. No diploma makes it hard for you to find a job,”Yoona became scared with her own thoughts. “No job means no boyfriend. It won’t be worth it if we don’t have a good life anymore, right?”

“Yoona, that’s too extreme!” Seohyun playfully hit the back of Yoona’s head. “Good life?”

“A life without problems. It’s the main objective of every Korean citizens. To get this objective, every person has to work hard. But only a few people will achieve it.”

“…”

“I’m hungry. Let’s go drink coffee in the cafeteria.” Yoona broke the awkward atmosphere.

“If you’re hungry, you should eat. Not drink coffee.” Yuri said.

“I’m fat now. If you’re fat, you can’t find a good boyfriend. And if you can’t find a good boyfriend, you can’t go through a good life, right?” Yoona explained.

Seohyun and Yuri face-palmed.

In a coffee shop…

“You don’t hang out with Minho these days. Did you guys fight?”Yuri asked.

“No we didn’t.”

“No? But you guys were always together! Did Minho cheat on you?” Yoona said

“Yoona! Stop blabbering nonsense!”

“I was just kidding…”

Yoona thought of something and sighed.

“Our lucks are different. We’re both high school students but Seohyun has a boyfriend. His cousin is rich and handsome. What about us? We don’t have anything!” Yoona sighed again. “Why beautiful girls like me are still single and drinking coffee in this place? How unfortunate!”

Maybe if you were me, you would realise that I’d rather be in your place right now.

“You’re the one who complained about maintaining a slim body and decided to drink here.” Yuri smacked Yoona’s head softly.

Yoona rubbed her head. “Seohyun, pass Kai to me.”

“What?”

“My birthday’s getting nearer. I want him as my birthday present.” Yoona begged.

“Your birthday is still in 7 months’ time. Furthermore, Kai isn’t just like any other guy.”

“Not like any other guy? Is he still innocent? I’ll teach him.”

“Yoona! What the heck?!”

“Both of you, stop it.”

The table became quiet

 “Seohyun, I’ll ask you once again. What’s up with you and Minho? You looked like you’re trying to avoid him.” Yuri asked.

“No I’m not. It’s just that ever since Kai came, I’ve got no time to be with Minho.”

“You see, Yuri? Let them finish their own problems.” Yoona nudged at Yuri.

“Minho and I are like siblings.” Seohyun said.

“You’re my friend. Minho’s a good friend. I don’t want anything bad to happen with you guys. Because both of you are important to me. I want you guys to be happy.”

“Yuri-ah, you’re too kind.” Seohyun was touched. “Thanks for looking out for us. But I’m afraid I might disappoint you… I’m sorry. I don’t know what to do right now… There’s something I can’t tell you guys.”

“Hyunnie-ah! I’m kind, too, right?”

“Yes, yes. You too.”

“So, give Kai to me.”

~~~~~

Lotte hotel…

“Kai, I’m back!”

Seohyun stepped inside the messy hotel room.

“Tests are coming up. I’m kind of busy… Have you eaten? What do you want to eat?”

Seohyun went into the bedroom to find Kai sleeping.

“Sleeping this early? He didn’t even lock his door, didn’t even change his clothes…”

Seohyun covered Kai with a blanket and look at him.

“Do we look the same?”

Seohyun shook her head and went to the fridge.

“The snacks finished?” Seohyun rubbed her grumbling stomach and head out of the door to buy groceries.

~~~~~~

Seohyun stepped outside of the mart with her groceries.

She breathed in the night breeze before continue walking.

“Seo Joohyun!”

She stopped on her tracks and turned around.

“It’s very hard to see you these days.” Minho said. “Why so busy? Committee Meeting? School duty?”

“You’re insulting me?” Seohyun balled her fist. “I have to spend my time with my cousin, and the school’s tests are coming soon… So, of course I’m busy!”

“But you’ve changed quite a lot now. You keep avoiding me. Why?”

“Just because we’re couples, we have to go everywhere together? I’m not even your mom!”

“WHY?!”

“MOVE!” Minho was blocking her way. “You suddenly appeared, and now you’re trying to talk nonsense. How annoying…”

“Annoying? Are these words coming from your mouth?” Minho grabbed Seohyun’s hand.

This is too much…

“Ouch!” Minho threw Seohyun’s groceries away and started pulling her. “Let go! What are you trying to do?! Let go of my hand! It hurts!”

“Let’s go back to the campus!”

A can hit Minho in the head. Minho turned around to see who it was but got punched in the face.

Minho stumbled backwards and fell. He touched his lips and saw blood. He stood up.

“You again.”

“Where do you want to bring my mom to?” Kai’s aura was scary.

“Mind your own business, kid! It’s between me and your cousin. I don’t wish to fight with you. So the punch just now… I’ll just think it as a debt I paid from the last time.”

“Bastard! I’m giving you a warning! Don’t you ever touch my mom again! You can hit me all you want, but don’t hurt my mom!” Kai threatened Minho.

“Kai, why are you here?” Seohyun asked.

“I woke up just now and realised you just came so I decided to search for you.” Kai looked at Minho. “Mom, don’t date this guy.”

“So… You’re the reason for our relationship. Do you know who am I to her? I’m her boyfriend!” Minho walked closer to Kai. “You’re not a retard, you should know what is a boyfriend, right?”

“Of course.”

“Good.” Minho nodded.

“It means you’re not her husband. Not now, not ever.” Kai was ready to fight.

“How dare you!”

“Minho, please don’t be mad at Kai. He’s still a kid!”

“Seohyun, follow me back to the campus, now!”

Kai put his arms around Seohyun’s shoulder.

“Put your filthy arms away from her!”

“I’m not going to let my mom follow you. You’ve made her suffer and cry. She’s my mom, of course she’s happier with me.” Kai turned around. “Let’s go mom.”

“Leaving already?” Minho punched Kai.

“Minho! Stop hurting him! Both of you stop!”

The two guys were beating each other.

“STOP IT! BOTH OF YOU!”

Both of them stopped.

“If I wasn’t here, you guys wouldn’t be fighting, right?” Seohyun turned around to leave.

“Mom, where are you going?!”

“Seohyun, don't do anything crazy!”

Both of them started to panic.

“I’m going back to my dorm.”

~~~~~

Argh! What a headache!

Should I continue to be with Minho, or stay away from him?

What about Kai?

His appearance changed everything.

Should I take next week’s English test?

I can’t even concentrate in my studies…

Furthermore, the test is Level 4!

What’s the reason of taking exams?

“No graduate, means no diploma. No diploma makes it hard for you to find a job. No job means no boyfriend. It won’t be worth it if we don’t have a good life anymore, right?”

“It’s the main objective of every Korean citizen. To get this objective, every person has to work hard. But only a few people will achieve it.”

But I know what’s waiting for me in the future…

I’m going to marry a rich heir, Kris Kim Wu Fan. I’ll have a good life, with a son. But I’ll die in an accident…

Is it worth it to study if everything has been destined by fate?

“I’m home!” Yoona shouted from the door. “Both of you are still studying? If both of you are this hard-working, what about me?”

I’m more fortunate than them, but at the same time, more unfortunate…

~~~~

A/N:

My update!

It's a little longer from before.

To the people who have been complaining to me about my grammar in my messages:

IN YOUR FACE!

No, seriously, though. What do you expect from a 13-14 year old girl who lives in a country where English comes 2nd?

Instead of complaining about my grammar, why don't you click the unsubscribe button?

Geez, I don't go to school for nothing, okay?

Okay, sorry for the rant. I was seriously pissed off >(

Now back to the story.

Kris WILL come... SOON.

But not now.

Poor Seohyun. She's in a dilemma right now.

Do you think she should continue being with Minho?

Or continue caring for Kai?

I guess I should stop here before I realised my Author's Note is longer than my story TT

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE ^^