Chapter 3

Beautifully Yours [GD fanfic]

 

We now come back to the time Jung Hee's writing in her diary. I also added Ji Yong's POV to keep myself updated on his perspective as well.

Jung Hee's POV

I scribbled the last sentence, and zoned out for a moment. 

That time today- it still makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. What's this feeling? Presi- wait, wait, wait. Why am I thinking about President so much? OK, OK, Jung Hee, pull yourself together.

I carelessly glanced at my watch and nearly swore out loud. It was council meeting time! Gaaah, I can't be late!

I ran through the secluded patch of trees and towards the main building. Damn, my silly head.

Stopping at the council room, I peeked inside. No one's there yet. What's wrong? My watch must be fast. Really, I gotta fix it. Let's wait till they turn up.

Quite some time passed. I anxiously glanced at my watch and then, decided to go home. Probably some kind of cancellation. Why didn't anyone tell me? Sheesh. I picked up my bag and straightened up, deciding to leave at once.

'Yah, stop living in your dreamworld, nerd. Today the council meeting ended early.'

I jumped a foot in the air. I whipped around to find Ji Yong.

'Mwoya? Why're you here?'

'I- I just happened to come here. W-what's your problem? I'll drop you home.'

'You aren't following me, are you?' I said suspiciously. If he was, then this was just creepy. I mean, it's bad enough to hate someone, but to follow them around the school like a stalker? What the hell?

He appeared flustered. This, somehow, made him endearing. 

'You? No way! You're too tall, and too ugly. I hate you!' He looked at me with deepest loathing, and then walked away. 

'You dare- You wanna die, bastard? you!' I snarled at him. Then I turned around, instant tears welling up in my eyes. I walked on. Then suddenly I heard running footsteps, and a hand grabbed mine in a steely grip. 

'What now?' I bellowed, without turning around. 'WANNA INSULT ME MORE? Come on, throw 'em at me!'

Then I turned around. His eyes met mine, and there was some hard, blazing emotion he wanted to convey to me. His eyes were boring into mine, with the force of a bomb. I stared defiantly back, faltering every minute. The red hair made him look like he was on fire. His hand, gripping onto mine, was sending electric shocks through my body. 

Then his eyes softened. He closed them and leaned closer to me. I somehow found myself leaning towards him, like a magnetic force was attracting me to him. We were inches away from each other. My ears were ringing, my heart was beating furiously, and my breathing became shallow.

 

Then he kissed me.

 

Ji Yong's POV

Note: This starts from the time she was writing in her diary. Ji Yong had followed her and watched her write.

I was focussed on her bent head. She was writing. I loved watching her when she was like this. Occasionally, the wind blew a strand of hair on her face and she impatiently brushed it away. Her face had a different expression when she wrote. She always frowned in front of me, but her face was lit up by a smile when she wrote. Her aura was different, and she scribbled furiously on her diary. At times, she raised her head, and the sunlight caught her eyes. God, how beautiful they looked.

Suddenly, she looked at her watch and swore out loud. I hid behind a conveniently large tree. She packed her diary and ran towards the building. She must be thinking about the council meeting. I nearly laughed out loud. That was soo Jung Hee. 

Wait, Ji Yong, you shouldn't be thinking this. She's stupid.

'Yes,she IS!' I said out loud, more to convince myself, and a couple of birds flew from the nearby tree.

Then I ran towards the school building. I don't know what made me do it. I must be getting stupid under her influence. I ran up the stairs, to find her waiting in the corridor next to the council room. 

Some time passed. Then I saw her collecting her bag and walking away. I couldn't resist. I couldn't let her just walk away.

'Yah, stop living in your dreamworld, nerd. Today the council meeting ended early.'

She appeared startled.

'Mwoya? Why're you here?'

! What excuse do I give here?

'I- I just happened to come here. W-what's your problem?' Then I got a bright idea. ' I'll drop you home.' I said.

'You aren't following me, are you?' she said suspiciously. 

! ! WHAT HAVE I GOT MYSELF INTO?

'You?  No way! You're too tall, and too ugly. I hate you!'  I gave her a sufficiently withering look. God, please let her be convinced. Please, please, please.

'You dare- You wanna die, bastard? you!'

Her eyes filled with tears. Oh no, what have I done? No, no, no, I made her cry. Her face looked so adorable that way. I could barely control myself. I wanted to fling myself at her, and kiss her, and wipe her tears.

She turned around, and began walking away. I ran towards her and held onto her hand tightly. It was warm. I didn't want to let go. 

'What now?'she bellowed, without turning around. 'WANNA INSULT ME MORE? Come on, throw 'em at me!'

Then she turned around, and my heart stopped for a minute, when I saw her face. Her large eyes were red, and her nose- oh, her nose was pink. She was red all over. I couldn't hold myself in anymore. I engaged myself in a furious internal battle.

Kiss her.

Don't.

Kiss her.

Don't.

everything, just kiss her!

I drew closer to her face. I could see her light eyes, and her blush. I drew in further. She smelled like jasmine. My heart was beating like crazy. I was going crazy. Then I closed my eyes.

 

I kissed her.