Chapter 7

Beautifully Yours [GD fanfic]

Jung Hee's POV

I decided to leave my hair open that day, for once. I mean, why not? It's not like I'll look different in any way. 

Chin Ho- sunbae came over a around five. We were going to this cafe in Bucheon. He tried to make conversation with me as we walked, and he told me a lot about himself. He told me about his family, his brother, and his cat. 

'It has this weird habit of snuggling close to my face early in the morning, and it's become like this natural alarm clock for me to wake up.'

'Aaah, I seriously wished I had a pet like that!' I said.

I really wanted a cat, but since my grandmother was petrified of cats, well, anything with more that two legs, I couldn't get one. When I settle down, I'm planning to have this veritable zoo in my place. I told sunbae this, and he actually laughed out loud.

Seriously, it was a lot of fun hanging out with sunbae. We blew bubbles into our cola, fought over the omurice, did kai-bai-bo (unfortunately, he won and got more of the chicken rice) and were on the verge of ordering dessert- when I saw him. 

He was sitting at one of the tables in the middle with a very pretty girl. He was laughing at something she'd said, He turned around sideways, gave me a fleeting look and went back to talking to that girl.

All thought of dessert vanished from my mind. I knew it

. He was playing with me all along.

Fine, let him do whatever the hell he wants to do. Geez, it's none of my business whichever random girl he picks up and dates.

That kiss wasn't real.

Who ing cares, man? Let him do whatever he wants to do. He's a jerk, and always will be a jerk. That girl doesn't know what she's in for.

I glanced at them once again. They were now holding hands, and that girl was smiling at him. He didn't look unhappy. My heart sank at this sight. I felt nauseous, and dizzy. I just wanted to get out of there. But I had to stay. For sunbae. 

'Are you OK?' Sunbae was looking at me, his face showing an expression of concern.

'Yeah, yeah, I'm f-fine.' I stuttered.

'D'you want water?'

'Yeah, that'd be great.'

I drank some water and sat listlessy, not paying even the slightest attention to Sunbae. My mind was whirring confusedly, and there was an internal struggle going on inside me. I didn't want to be here anymore.

'Sunbae, I think it's time to go .'

Sunbae looked up, surprised.

'Don't you like this place?'

'No- I mean, yes, I do, but I'm feeling kind of under-the-weather.'

'All right, I'll drop you home. Get some rest.'

We got up from our seats. I gave one last glance towards Ji Yong. He looked at me, too, and our eyes met for a fleeting second. I gave him a withering look, and left the cafe.

The door jingled behind us as we left.

 

Ji Yong's POV

~The Next Day~

I was feeling distinctly doubtful sbout this entire scheme. I was convinced that I had hurt Jung Hee, and she'd begin hating me even more now. 

Excellent. Just what I needed.

 

'Chill, bro,' TOP hyung said. 'Bom told me that Jung Hee does like you. She was so obviously jealous when she left.'

No way. I'd seen the hatred in her eyes, the same hatred which she showed me many years ago. But there was a hint of pain.

'It can't be true,' I said.

'Now,' said hyung in a smug voice, 'I leave everything to you. I've done my part, made her jealous. Now she's your game.'

'She's not game!'

'Game, target, love of your life, whatever,' he said coolly. 'Oh yeah, and did Bom ask anything about me yesterday?'

'I told her a lot about you. But she seemed kind of, how do I put it- dissatisfied,' I said jeeringly. 'OK, OK, that's a lie!' I quickly altered, as he looked dangerously at me.

Then he left. Really, I couldn't understand him at times.

Now, back to the problem at hand. What do I do?  It would be wise to wait before doing anything drastic. She hates me now, so I have to find a way to make her like me. So, first, I have to become friends with her. And how do I do that? Become nicer, more approachable. Less like the normal Ji Yong. She likes that crazy President because he's nice. Come on Ji Yong, try becoming nicer. You can do this.

 

Fighting!~