Chapter 6: Tactics

Beautifully Yours [GD fanfic]

 

JiYong's POV
 
I felt really depressed that day.
 
Would it have been better if I'd made a move before? Would she have actually loved me back? Does she even like me, the way things are going? Oh, how I wish I had none of this pride. I was still depressed, when TOP hyung came to sit next to me.
 
'What's up with the long face?'
 
I didn't reply.
 
'I heard he asked Jung Hee out today. Is that why?'
 
'Damn, hyung stop-'
 
'Relax, I'm here to help.'
 
'Whatever.'
 
'They're going to that place in Bucheon. I know it well.'
 
'Thanks, hyung, but I don't wanna go there and see them being all lovey-dovey. Jeez.'
 
Then I got up and walked away without another word.
 
 
 
~The next Day~
 
I was lounging around at home. I was trying to listen to some music to get her out of my head.
 
'Ji Yong! Your friends have come!'
 
Eomma's voice reverberated through the staircase.
 
'Fine I'm coming.'
 
I slumped down the stairs, carelessly brushing my hair from my eyes.
 
Seungri saw me and smiled. 'Hyung, we have to take you somewhere.'
 
'Mwo-'
 
'Shut up and come along,' advised TOP hyung.
 
'Hyung-'
 
'Come fast, babo!'
 
'Eomma, I'm going to play with my friends!'
 
'Come back safely!' She called out.
 
We walked by many buildings, and then arrived at a brightly lit cafe.
 
Oh, now I get wind of what they're trying to do.
 
I stopped abruptly and turned away.
 
'Oh, come on, hyung!' Seungri said sharply. 'You're totally chicken. No wonder she chose him over you. She's got good taste.'
'Mwo?'
'Obviously,' continued TOP hyung, 'if you keep chickening out like this, no one's ever going to like you, let alone, love you and date you.'
Blood was pulsing through my brain. I was exceptionally angry.
'Fine,' I said, turning around just in time to see Daesung wink and give me the thumbs-up.
 
I took a deep breath and walked on towards a brightly-lit cafe. It was one of those indie cafes. Though I hated Chin Ho, i couldn't help but admire his taste. Gee, what am I doing? 
They hadn't arrived as yet. So TOP hyung, Seungri, Dae, and I waited, sitting at one of the corner tables, conveniently hidden. Then I spotted Taeyang too. although, he was taking pictures with that So Eun girl.  I pictured myself taking pictures that way with Jung Hee, and a smile curved across my face. A couple of girls to the right giggled, and pointed at me.
 
'Kyeopta!'
'I'd totally date him!'
 
I scowled at them, and resumed looking expectantly at the door. i expected them to come at any moment.
 
Then she came.
Next to that sea- cucumber.
She looked the same, that same old grin and the spectacles. The only change was that she'd left her hair open, instead of her usual ponytail. It was shiny and dark, and that signature strand of hair flew in front of her face, and she placed it behind her ear again. 
 
'Here comes the target,' said Seungri, sniggering,
'Stop talking like a secret agent, babo.' I snapped. Now I come to think of it, why the hell did these buggers get me here? To ruin their date? Somehow, I felt a bit guilty.
'Why are we here, anyway?'
'Tactics, l'il saeng.'
TOP hyung hastily typed something in his phone. Then he pressed the phone to his ear.
 
'Yobosaeyo? Ah,Bom, come now.'
 
'What?'
'OK, the plan is to make her jealous, and to make her realise what she's been missing out on.'
'WHAT?'
'Shh!'
Now I was bugged. Seriously? I preferred going up to her and telling her I liked her, and to stop dating this bum, than playing the jealousy-tactic. But my courage failed me, and I found myself reluctantly agreeing.
'Oh, all right, then.'
 
'Excellent.' TOP gestured at a pretty girl with long hair standing at the entrance. 'Go on,' he urged.
I gingerly stood up, and took her hand and pretended to smile. She also smiled at me, and said, 'I know about it all. Just go with the flow.'
I honestly can't believe I'm doing this.
I'm pathetic.
 
I led her towards the table in the middle, so I'd be thrown in greater prominence, and I sat opposite her. 
'So, Park Bom-sshi-' I began awkwardly.
'Call me Bom,' she flounced. 'It makes conversation more natural. And please don't sit awkwardly like that. Relax. Then you'll be giving her a better impression.'
'But will this work?' I whispered back frantically.
'Of course. I mean, look at her.'
I glanced towards her, and saw her looking my way with obvious puzzlement. Her smile faltered a little, I could tell she was faking it. And she just turned around and continued talking to Chin Ho. 
'No, it's not!' I snapped. 
'Relax, idiot. Now, let's hold hands.'
'Mwo?' I nearly yelled.
'Aish, lower your voice! This purely adds to the drama.' She hissed back.
I gingerly stretched my hand and placed it on hers. My hands were all sweaty.
'Aigoo, you're such a waste of good looks!' Bom said in an ahjumma-like fashion. This made me laugh out loud. 
She looked back again. Oh YEAH!
'Score,' Bom said.
'Let's order something.'
'Donuts?' I suggested. I love donuts. 
'Whatever.' She pressed a button on the table, and a waitress appeared. 
'A plate of crispy donuts, and an iced tea for me, please.'
'Yes, it shall be delivered shortly.'
'Service is pretty epic here, right?' Bom was a pretty fun person to hang out with, and she had no clue about a lot of stuff. When I told her about TOP hyung, she said, 'Eh?' in a very bemused way, which made me roar with laughter.
 
Then I saw Jung Hee leave. She looked back, and there was a pained expression on her face.
 
I really shouldn't have done this.