Chapter 5

Beautifully Yours [GD fanfic]

 

Jung Hee’s POV

I couldn’t sleep all that night. The kiss kept running through my head.

‘You look terrible,’ were So Eun’s first words as she saw me the next morning.

‘Yeah, whatever.’

I had been too irritated to call So Eun up and tell her everything.

‘So Eun,’I said.

‘Mwoya?’

‘I gotta tell you something. Wanna come for a walk?’

-few minutes later-

‘Mwo?’

‘Seriously, I nearly lost my breath and self-confidence while telling you this stuff, and now you’re like, “mwo?”’ I said impatiently.

‘I mean, GD has all those pretty girls in school, and he chose you.’

‘What? I don’t- what the ’re you talking about?’

‘I won’t tell you. I don’t have any patience with you anymore. Poor Ji Yong. How must he be handling this?’

‘What?’

‘Nothing.’

‘So Eun, what’re you not telling me?’

‘Oh, seriously, go, I’ve got a lot more work to do.’

‘You wanna die?’

‘Easy with the abuse, female! You’ll figure it out soon.’ She sighed.

‘Anyway,’I said, deciding to drop the subject, ‘What about YoungBae Oppa?’

So Eun suddenly looked flushed, and the air around her was suddenly one of airlessness.

‘What about him?’ So Eun said, dismally failing to keep calm.

‘You like him, don’t you?’

‘Um-‘

‘-Do you?’ Someone interrupted us. I looked up to see the sharp profile of YoungBae Oppa.

I sidled away, not wanting to interrupt this perfect sceneBut not before, I heard So Eun stammer, ‘O-Oppa?’  Oh, I know So Eun and Young Bae Oppa would make a cute couple.

My spirits were unusually high. I was feeling very contented and positively buoyant. I jumped and punched the air, when I saw something that was calculated to crush my spirits to the ground brutally. Ah well, that’s life. I saw Ji Yong coming with all his fangirls- cool attitude in place. I walked past him, my head held high.

But something weird happened. He looked at me and suddenly turned red.  I felt a familiar urge to go and hug him. But I held myself back. A flush started creeping up my cheeks. My heartbeat suddenly became fast. And my breath was shallow.

‘Um-Jung Hee?’

‘Mwoya?’ Startled, I looked around to find President.

‘You didn’t need to be so scared.’ He grinned sheepishly. Smile back, smile back.

‘Oh, hi.’ I smiled back.

‘Eh- I wanted to ask you something.’

‘Yeah?’

‘ Would- would you l-like to go to this café my brother’s starting up? I’ve heard that the chefs are pretty good. Um- not if you want to, o-of course.’

I looked round. Ji Yong was looking away. Why the hell do I need his approval to go out? Why do I keep looking at him? Anyway it's not like President is asking me out . I told him clearly I wanted to be friends.

'Yeah, sure!' 

'Really? Great!' And with that, he walked away, positively electric with joy. I smiled. President was so adorable at times. I turned around to find Ji Yong's face.

'What?'

'Why'd you say yes?'

'Eh?'

'Why the hell did you say yes?'

'Why, shouldn't I? Just a random fact: I like people when I'm impressed by them, not crazy maniacs who kiss me all of a sudden.'

'What-?'

'Seriously. If you want to play with someone, play with those fangirls swarming around you. Just-stay away from me.' I gave him a scathing look.

He opened his mouth to say something,  but I turned around and pointedly said hi to So Eun, who fell into step with me. 

'Seriously, give him a break. Poor guy.'

'Yeah right. Did he even consider my feelings when he kissed me yesterday? Did he even consider I'd stay up all night thinking about it?'

So Eun's mouth was twitching.

'Is it that hard to figure out, bonehead?' She asked me teasingly.

'Figure out what?'

'Aish, forget it.'