Chapter 4

Beautifully Yours [GD fanfic]

 

Jung Hee's POV

 

He kissed me.

 

It was warm, and beautiful, and at the same time, all very confusing. It was a haze of red hair and a warm breath. The world began spinning, and my heart reached a rate which it'd never reached before.

 

After a few seconds, or milleniums later ( I didn't know how long it was), I broke away from him. I felt this urge to hug him, because his face was so totally red and cute. At the same time, I also felt a huge urge to slap him. I felt stupid, standing there, not reacting to anything. 

I raised my hand, and slapped him hard round the face.

 

He didn't react.

 

I wish he did.

 

He didn't say anything.

 

I wish he had.

 

His head just turned hopelessly to the side.

 

I wish he'd look at me with those blazing eyes again.

 

He just said, 'I knew I'd get that.'

 

And he walked away.

 

 

 

Ji Yong's POV

 

 I kissed her.

 

It was blissful, her soft lips against mine. I felt my heart beat faster than anything ever. I felt happier than I had in weeks. Emotion was filling into my chest ike some kind of beautiful drink, and I felt contented in her jasmine scent. Then it stopped. She'd broken away. I'd upset her again. Why had I done that? Why?

 

Then I caught sight of her red face- and saw her shakily raise a hand- WHAM.

 

I turned away. I deserved it. I knew I'd get it. Why did I even try? My cheek was stinging with the pain.

 

'I knew I'd get that.'

 

Then I turned around and walked away, trying not to show her my frustration, and the tears that were silently coursing down my cheeks.

 

I walked through the park, when my mind went back to eight years ago.

 

-FLASHBACK-

 

'Do you need any help?'

 

It was that girl, again.

 

I was sitting in the class, a loner, trying to solve the Korean grammar homework we'd been given.

 

I didn't even say anything, but she came and sat right next to me, and pulled my notebook closer to hers. And she gave me a warm smile, which made me even more wary of her.

‘Get away from me!’

‘Relax, I’m just here to help.’

‘You fat, ugly, hippo! I hate you!’

‘I was just trying to help you.’ She had cried that time. It’s the only time I’ve known her to cry, except for 10 minutes ago.

-END OF FLASHBACK-

I had formed a gang of followers, and incessantly bullied her. Her angry face came up in my head. And the way she stood up for everyone who was our target in primary school.

Then, I realized something.

I should really stop lying to myself. I don’t like her, I’ve actually loved her all these years.

As realization crashed over me, I stood there. I was breathing heavily. I felt happiness surge into me.

‘I LOVE HER! I ING LOVE HER!’ I screamed, earning a few glowers from ahjummas walking by.

Aish, young lads these days…’

 

Jung Hee’s POV

I can’t believe it. I just got kissed by one of the guys I hate.

I was sitting in my room, just thinking about calling So-Eun up.

I let out a slow, long breath.

How could Ji Yong do this to me? It’s bad enough hating someone, it’s worse trying to play around with them like this.

I wished he hadn’t played around with that kiss. I wish it were real. Wait, wait. What the hell did I just think? Did I just wish to be kissed by a guy who was my arch-nemesis?

It must be hormonal. I must be having an overdose of estrogen. I’m normally not so blushy- blushy.

Jung Hee! Snap out of it! That guy’s not worth your time! He’s just playing around with you, only to tease you, like in primary school. He’s a jerk.

But, his kiss seemed pretty real.

He must have kissed several girls that way. My mind felt oddly strange at this thought, and my stomach felt uncomfortable. Stupid playboy.

I hate him. I seriously hate him.

‘I HATE THAT !’

I shouted, and my voice rang throughout the house.