Chapter 2

블루 로즈 (B L U E R O S E)

 

"Kibum hyung!" Taemin rushed over to the side of Kibum's bed, jumping with excitement.
 
Kibum fluttered his eyes open to see Taemin smiling widely down at him. He turned his head slight to see him better. "Taemin-ah... You came..."
 
"Of course I did, hyung! I was so worried about you. And Minho is a bad person."
 
"I am not, you just don't like me."
 
"Yah! You said I could have five minutes with him!" Minho roughly scratched his head as he walked over.
 
"One, two, three, four, five. There, your time is up. Now get out."
 
"Hyung," Taemin whined, turning his attention back to Kibum.
 
"Please, Taemin... Quiet down."
 
"And get out."
 
"Min—" Kibum was interrupted by yet another terrible cough, turning over on his side and covering his mouth. He opened his mouth to speak again, but all that came out were more strangled coughs.
 
"Kibum!" Minho rushed to his side, using careful hands to sit him up. He began to panick, looking at where one of Kibum's hand rested on his aching chest and back up to the pained expression on his face. "Oh God, Kibum..."
 
Minho moved the bangs from Kibum's eyes as the latter inhaled much needed air. After exhaling, his eyes opened, Minho covering the hand that was on his chest.
 
"Hyung..." Taemin stood closely behind Minho, holding on to the back of his sweater with one hand while the other covered Taemin's mouth as he watched in fear. "Hyung, say something..."
 
Kibum let his eyes shut once more before responding, "I'm not going to make it..." His voice was nearly inaudible, but they still heard him.
 
"Hyung!"
 
"Kibum, don't say that!" Minho took a breather before his voice would raise any higher. "Don't say that... please!"
 
"The doctor—The doctor said that the surgery wouldn't do any good..."
 
"What...? Kibum, he must've been lying o-or something..."
 
"I could tell he wasn't..." He sighed, opening his eyes again to look up into Minho's wide ones, obvious fear in them. "Don't worry so much... It's useless..."
 
"No, no it's not."
 
"Hyung," Taemin dropped the hand that was covering his mouth and held on to Minho's sleeve. "We worry about you because we love you."
 
"I know, I know... But I'll be gone soon, so all of your worries will be put to waste."
 
"I—" Taemin was interrupted by the vibrating of his phone. After looking at who called he straightened up and headed for the door. "My mom needs help with something. I'm sorry, I'll come back some other time. Bye hyungs!"
 
Kibum waved weakly, "I'll miss him..."
 
"Kibum..."
 
"I'm fine, okay? Once I'm gone, everything will be put at ease."
 
"Kibum! S-Stop, please...! Don't talk like that!" Kibum looked up at the younger boy, surprised to see tears forming in his eyes. "Don't you ever think positive? Do you really want to die that badly? Leaving me alone in that house we call our home?"
 
"M-Minho—" Kibum himself was on the brink of tears as he noticed the true message behind Minho's words. "Minho..."
 
"You're not going to die, Kibum," he said, his voice softer as he leaned down, his head landing gently on Kibum's chest.
 
Kibum used his free hand to rub the back of Minho's head, loving the texture of the younger boy's hair, since Minho still had a secure grip on his other hand. His tears began to spill over once he felt the familiar moisture on his hospital gown.
 
"You're not going to die, Kibum," he repeated, voice shaking. "I won't let you... I'll find a way to save you. I promise I'll find a way, Kibum. Just believe in me..."
 
The older of the two tightened his grip on Minho's hand, closing his eyes again as he did so. "...I do."

"Hyung?"
 
"What."
 
"There's a bug in your hair."
 
"WHAT?!" Minho flailed around as he frantically shook his hair. "Is it gone?!"
 
"Yeah, hyung. It's gone." Taemin laughed as he walked by Minho to the ice cream stand. "What do you want?"
 
"Nothing... I don't like sweets."
 
"But Kibum's sweet—thank you." He walked back over to Minho with a vanilla ice cream cone in his hand. "I'm sure you like eating him, don't you?"
 
"What do you—YAH!" Blushing a crimson red, Minho smacked the back of Taemin's neck, the boy nearly dropping his cone. "Keep your ing nostrils out of me and Kibum's life!"
 
"What the heck?! I was only asking if you like Kibum because he's a really sweet guy!"
 
Minho raised a hand as if he was about to hit the boy again, but froze.
 
"Hyung?"
 
He dropped his hand back to his side. He stared straight at the abandoned house in front of the two. "I've never seen this house before..."
 
"Me neither," Taemin added as he finished his cone. "C'mon, let's go home—"
 
"Wait," Taemin's eyes widened as Minho began to walk across the street.
 
"Minho, what the hell are you doing?!" He yelled after him. Minho clearly ignored the younger as he walked up the small steps. Looking at the house once more, he gulped before raising his hand to ring the bell. He hadn't even touched it yet and the door swung open.
 
"What?" There stood a mysterious man with a dark blue cloak over his shoulder, the hood over his head, successfully shadowing over his eyes. His voice was low and raspy, evil. "What do you WANT?!"
 
The sudden outburst blew Minho back, crashing terribly to the ground. What is this person...?
 
"What am I? Is that why you came to my house?"
 
"W-Wait, did you just—"
 
"Minho!" The said one whipped his head around to see Taemin running across the street to him, quickly kneeling by his side and placing a worried hand on his shoulder.
 
They both looked back up at the mysterious man, who let out a mischievous laugh.
 
Taemin shook Minho's shoulder, "C'mon, hyung. Let's get Kibum something to eat, okay?"
 
The man noticed the emotion that flashed underneath his unemotional face. "You're seeking for a way to cure your lover, aren't you?"
 
Minho's eyes widened, quickly standing back up and stepping closer to the man. "How did you know...?"
 
He rose a hand up, his bending in the most unusual way. He turned his palm upwards and beckoned Minho to come closer to him. When he didn't respond quick enough, Minho felt as if strong hands were wrapped tightly around his neck and began to struggle with his breathing.
 
Taemin cried out, but before he could make a move, the man raised his free hand, now directed at Taemin. The latter saw a glint in the man's smirk and before he knew, he was completely frozen, rigid.
 
Minho fell to his knees, looking up at the man who was telepathically choking him to death. "Answer—me..."
 
"I don't think you have the right to speak to me in that tone, young man." Minho let out a strangled yell as the force around his neck grew stronger. "Listen to me, okay?"
 
The fear in Minho's eyes gave the man confirmation.
 
"You want to cure you lover's disease?"
 
Yes... I do, Minho thought, remembering the words he'd spoken to Kibum not too long ago.
 
"Well you're in luck."
 
What...?
 
"I have the cure."
 
Minho once again tried to speak, but he had to remember that he was already having trouble breathing.
 
What is it? Please, tell me! What do I have to do?
 
"You and your friend here... Have to run a few errands for me."
 
Errands...?
 
"Well, not exactly... errands but... You'll know you've found the cure when you see a blue rose that's secured in a glass case."
 
How can I find it?
 
"It is somewhere in my house. But I must inform you, my house isn't like any other house."
 
It was pitch black the second he disappeared within thin air.
 
 
 
A/N: and now the real adventure begins! who is le mysterious man? :OOO lol i actually know who plays which role in this story now xDD but the man isnt going to be revealed any time soon, i'll tell you that ^^ anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter. LAME AUTHOR -- OUT!!! ^^v