Chapter 8

블루 로즈 (B L U E R O S E)

 

Jinki awoke to a loud noise of two boys arguing, opening to see that we're wrestling as well. Propping himself up on an elbow, his eyes brows knitted together.
 
"Yah, listen, if—"
 
"Minho, get the off of me!"
 
"Not until you give me back my Klondike bar!"
 
"I didn't eat it, you alien! It was a pixie, I swear!"
 
"Could you guys just—"
 
" you, Taemin! I know you ate it! Now choke it up!"
 
"Hell no! That's disgusting!"
 
"That was my only Klondike bar!"
 
"Guys—"
 
Taemin continued to push and pull Minho by his jacket, the latter doing the same to Taemin.
 
"Gu—"
 
"Cough it up!"
 
Taemin stuck his tongue out, the residue of the Klondike bar smeared on his tongue. "Naaaa!"
 
"YAH!!!" Jinki yelled at the top of his lungs, satisfied that he finally had their attention. "Now that you guys have stopped, why don't we keep it this way?"
 
"He—"
 
"Minho. Forget about the Klondike bar." The deep tone in Jinki's voice made Minho huff in defeat, shoving Taemin away and mumbling random words as he shuffled back to his seat on a rock.
 
"This cave," Jinki said after a while, standing up to continue looking around. "I've heard rumors about it..."
 
"What about it did you hear?" Taemin asked curiously.
 
"You can contact people in here... They'll see you as a hologram and vise versa. Only you can't touch and feel them... You can only talk to them..."
 
"Can I... Can I talk to Kibum? Right now?"
 
"We'd have to go deeper into the—" Jinki flinched when Minho all but sprinted past the older man, already heading into the cave. He shook his head before beckoning Taemin to follow him.
 
Minho stopped when he had arrived in a bright place, shading his eyes with his hands. It was a circled area, what with the bushes and plants, and an oval like stage dead in the center. Four stone pillars were around the oval, giving it a more pleasurable sight.
 
"Is this it...?" Minho panted as he heard footsteps come up behind him.
 
"Yeah, this is it..." Jinki nodded, looking around himself.
 
"How does it work?"
 
"You step up there," Jinki pointed to the oval, "and let it work it's magic."
 
Minho tightened his sweater around his waist before slowly stepping up. He looked down at his hands before looking up, watching in awe at how little green specks of light began to fly around him. He turned his head to see that they were being emitted from the pillars, the latter turning a grassy green themselves. Blue specks started to come from the oval, bunching up in front of him.
 
Taemin gasped as he took one step forward.
 
The bundle of blue specks made a hospital bed, with none other than Kibum lying lifelessly under the covers. Minho covered his mouth as he saw that Kibum looked worse than before.
 
"Kibum," he said as he walked towards his lover's hologram. "Kibum, open you eyes..."
 
"Minho?" Said name cringed at the sound of Kibum's voice. The older of the two opened his eyes slowly, his eyes way to heavy to open wide, but he still saw Minho. "Minho... I missed you..."
 
"I... I miss you, too, Kibum..."
 
Minho closed his eyes as Kibum made out to weakly grab his hand, but frown when his hand went straight through him.
 
"Minho...? Why can't I touch you...? Aren't you there?"
 
"Ani, I'm not. I'm not with you..."
 
"But... I can see you..."
 
"That's all you can do." When Minho opened his eyes he couldn't believe the sight before him, a sight he hadn't seen in years. "Kibum—"
 
"M-Minho... Where are y-you? Why aren't you here with—with me...?"
 
"Bummie," Minho raised a hand to wipe away the tears that rolled down Kibum's cheeks, but stopped, letting his hand drop back to side as he realized that he couldn't touch him. "Please don't cry... Don't cry..."
 
"How can I not... When you aren't here...?" Kibum coughed. "I need you to be here with me, Minho..."
 
"I know, I know... But I can't right now..."
 
"Why?" Kibum sobbed quietly, careful not to hurt himself.
 
"I found a way to cure your disease, Kibum..."
 
"You did?"
 
"Yes... I'll be back in no time. And you'll be healthy again and—" Minho felt his own tears choke him. "We can finally live in peace, Bummie..."
 
"Minho-yah..."
 
Minho looked down at Kibum as the latter's tears continued to fall as he coughed heavily. "Kibum-ah..."
 
"Minho, I love you... So much..." That did it. Minho's tears were finally set free and fell mercilessly down his face.
 
He raised a hand up to his mouth, trying hard to hold in desperate sobs, but of course it didn't help.
 
"I wish I could—I wish I could kiss you, hold you securely in my arms... And never let go unless you say s-so."
 
"Minho..."
 
"I love you, Kibum... I love you!" His voice unexpectedly began to raise just slightly. He wiped the tears away with the back of his hands, though they still kept coming. "I'll save you, okay?"
 
"... O... Kay..." Kibum let his eyes slowly fall shut, and Minho fell to his knees, causing his lover's hologram to descend into the sky.
 
"Kibum-ah!" He cried out, bringing his fist down on the rock and hanging his head.
 
"Hyung," Taemin whispered almost inaudibly, sitting on the back of his ankles next to Minho as he wrapped an arm around the latter.
 
"I have to save him," he muttered, shuddering in Taemin's hold. "I have to save him! I won't let him die... I love him too much to let him go like this! No more wasting any ing time." Minho lifted his head, Taemin instantly takin it into his hands and turning it towards him.
 
"Hyung," he said again, looking into Minho's puffy red eyes. "You can do this. I believe in you, Jinki believes in you, and most of all, hyung believes in you. So please, stop crying." Taemin used his sleeves to wipe away Minho's tears before continuing. "Hyung's life rests in your hands now."
 
Minho closed his eyes, his brows furrowing as he tried to stop the extra tears. Thankfully, they stopped. Opening his eyes back up, he saw that Taemin as still looking into them.
 
"Are you ready to save Kibum now?" Minho bit his lip as he nodded, taking Taemin's hands off of his face as he stood up, Taemin following him.
 
"Hyung, do you want to talk to your wife?"
 
"I'll do that when I see her," Jinki answered with a knowing smirk. "It sounds like we really need to get the cure faster, right?"
 
Minho nodded sharply. "Please..."
 
"Then let's go, a fairy told me that we're very close. And we have to be on guard just in case the python pops out. So be fully aware of your surroundings."
 
"Neh," Both Taemin and Minho said simultaneously before following Jinki the opposite way they came in.
 
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: okay being honest here
 
i almost cried writing this part
 
omg minkey ;~;
 
does this story even make sense to you guys orz