The Mysterious Staircase

The Secret In The Mirror

 

 

" ... And to my beloved granddaughter... "


The day was rainy. Cold rain drops were landing on the cold autumn ground. A group of people dressed in black clothes were sitting in kitchen of small summer house somewhere in country side. Silent crying and whispers sounded so loud in here. The old man in grey costume was sitting on one of the kitchen chairs and reading a paper with last will of the last owner of this house.

Every good thing has to end someday. The old lady died peacefully in her bed. Just one night she closed her eyes and left this world after few years when her husband passed away.

... I leave the summer dream, the house that we had build with your grandfather, the house that we spent every summer together with you. "

The girl now in her twenties was sitting one of the chairs near the kitchen table. She was dressed in simple black dress. The news was hurtful for her. She loved her grandma dearly but it seemed that women couldn’t live alone without her husband. They talked frequently on the phone but the old woman’s voice was always full of sadness. She tried hard to visit the old lady whenever she could but it was not easy to leave the city when you had university to attend. She was living a busy life but happy one.

„...my darling... "

The man in grey costume stopped reading. He narrowed his eyes and scratched his head.

„I don’t understand how it got here. “

The room went quiet.

„It is written in handwritting. When we talked last time she didn’t motioned that she will add something... "

The man cleared his throath.

„My darling choose dreams wisely and never forget the reality. “

The room was silent. No one understood the meaning of the words. Maybe the woman was just too old and reached her limits at the end.

„That’s all"

The grey suit man stood up.

„ I will be saying goodbye because my job is done. „

 

 

 After few hours when the last words of comfort were said the friends left the family to deal with the loss.

„Are you sure that you will be all right"

A women dressed in black Prada dress asked the girl.
The girl nodded her head slowly.

„Then I and your father will take the leave"

The woman in hurry kissed her only child’s cheek and left the lonely summer house. The girl watched how the black car left the yard and disappeared in the rain.

The girl sighed. The house was silent and cold. The girl took empty cups where few hours ago were  hot coffee was poured and put them in the skin. She took her black bag in the hands and took her black high heels of. Then stepped on the old staircase leading up to the second floor where her's and her grandparent’s room were.

 

It was hard to sleep here when the memories of her childhood were here. Like twelve years ago she put her feet on the cold wooden ground. Slowly she went down the old staircase to the kitchen and filled a glass full of cold water. After listening sounds that wind made outside she went up the same staircase to the second floor. She sighed. She didn’t saw what thought she will see. That night twelve years ago a little girl saw another staircase coming from the ceiling but she woke up next morning in her bed. She told her grandma that she had seen a man in the golden mirror. Her grandma only chuckled at the young girl telling that she has a very powerful imagination. She said that there wasn’t even another staircase in this old house and she believed, thinking that imagination was playing tricks on her foolish child’s mind. Now this same girl was standing her only older and looking at the same place were another staircase should be. The girl laughed remembering all the things that happened here. Slowly she shook her head and opened the door of her room when the loud sound was heard. She stopped and turned around. The mysterious staircase appeared again.

 

 

Author's Answers:

honeymoon:

Thanks for giving this story a chance <3

sujutwilightfan:

I am happy that you like my stories ^^ 

Unnie gives you a big warm hug <3