Chapter 2

All My Scars Are Open

 

 

Chapter 2

***

In the morning, I started to wonder if my parents and friends were worrying about me.

Then, I started thinking about the mysterious stranger.

Who was he?

After all those hours of us hanging out together, I didn't even find out his name.

He didn't find out about mine either.

I looked at myself.

I was a mess, pieces of grass and moss were stuck to my clothes, my hair was ruffled and it looks as if I didn't wash it

for weeks. My body was covered with stinging scratches and cuts and dotted with black streaks.

I set off to explore this exquisite island. Not far from here is a giant water fall

with a cave in the back of the endless waves of water.

I took a bath there.

After a couple of hours, I made a tripod stove, a steady fire, and an extra 2  beds just in case someone just appears.

Even though I was so weary the night before, I knew what I was doing, because the

hut turned out to be the roomiest one I have ever made.

Someone could probably live here!

There was a giant growling noise.

I froze.

What was that?

I stayed in the corner of my hut.

I realized, the growling was closer than ever.... and was it gurgling?

It hit me.

I WAS SO HUNGRY!

I started laughing to myself like a lunatic, as I gathered food to cook for the evening.

***

My food was good too, not great and not bad. I was really proud of myself.

I started thinking about random stuff again.

About the afternoon, about the thought of an enemy, which turned out to be my stomach.

I giggled to myself again, at which the exact same time a voice called out.

My laughter stopped abruptly.

"Who's there?" the familiar voice asked shakily. I peered out my door of seaweed and rocks.

A recognizable figure stepped out of the shadows.

"You!" I pointed again.

He grinned, however much changed about him.

His lips were a sickly shade of purple, and he had a crazed gleam in his eyes.

He pretty much looked like me this morning, but worse.

"May I please come in?" he begged.

I nodded, surprised that this jock would surrender to a girl like me.

He limped into my hut, and looked around.

"Nice hut," he commented.

"Girl scout," I added, gesturing to the extra bed I had made this morning.

He nodded gratefully, and sat down in front of the fire.

I gave him some fried seaweed, and fried fish.

He gulped it down greedily, and winced as he shifted his foot .

By then, I saw that there was a long gash on the side of his shin.

I gasped. "Are you okay?" I asked, rummaging through the pile of stuff I had gathered.

He nodded, but I already got out dried of seaweed, a cloth, and a cup of fresh water.

He watched as I poured the cup of fresh water on the cut, wrapped the cloth around it, and tied it with the strip of dried seaweed.

"Thank you," he muttered grudgingly.

I laughed at his funny manner.

"I'm Lee Gayoon."

He looked at me as if I was a  goddess.

"I'm Kai."

I didn't reply, disturbed by the look he gave me a second ago.

When the bed was too short for him as he lied down, I combined the other extra bed and combined the blanket of palm leaves and soft sand.

"Thanks for everything," Kai murmured as he drifted off to sleep.

I chuckled quietly, and went to sleep.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yay! Two chapters in one day! I'll probably do another one in the evening. Please subscribe! And also, don't get mad at me

if I don't do one in the evening. :)