Chapter 7

All My Scars Are Open

Chapter 7

I struggled to open my eyes, and when I did, it was all so bright.

Am I dead?

It must be.

There were no nurses around, no doctors, white beds, other sick patients, nothing.

So this is the end of my story, bye!

Just kidding. xD

Anyways, the blinding light stopped pouring into my eys, and then there were the nurses, doctors, white beds, and sick patients.

There was also a guy hanginng in the shadows.

This time, I knew that person right away, without thinking about it like those other brain-farting times.

"Kai!" I screamed, but however much I tried, my voice always ended up in a frail whisper.

Kai's eyes widened, and he called, "Doctor! Doctor! Gayoon-ah!"

The people in white rushed towards me, and I screamed,

"I'm fine! Don't do anything to me!"

The doctors' brow deepened into a frown. "You must stop trying to speak, it seems as if the sharp part of the crab shell pierced the unnoticable vain that was connected to your larnyx.  You cannot speak for the rest of the week."

"The week?!?!" I could barely hear myself now.

"Hush, and drink this," the nurse next to the doctor spoke soothingly, giving me an orange drink.

Before I knew what was happening, I fell asleep.

***

When I woke up again, a white board was resting on my stomach.

A message was scrawled on it.

But before I could look at what it said, Kai rushed up to me and squeezed my hand. 

I yanked my hand away.

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked irritatedly.

I saw a flash of hurt in his eyes.

"Sorry, I was just showing some ... affection.. towards.. you." he said slowly.

"Oh. But still, don't do this suddenly. We need do some healthy dating... So yeah.."

Kai grinned and bit his lip. 

Was this his habit?

I was enjoying watching him do that.

It was a cute way of expressing his inward feelings.

I stopped staring at him for a minute, and thought,

Is this his other side...I'm liking what I'm seeing. I should seriously get hurt more often.. 

"What's this for anyway?" I asked him.

"Oh . I forgot to tell you to stop talking. And that thing, well I bought it for you.. so you can write what you want to say.. "

I giggled and wrote,

"Kamsamida, Kai!" I put a happy face and a heart at the end.