Chapter 8

All My Scars Are Open

Chapter 8

A week passed quickly. Everyday, Kai visited me and bought me flowers of differents kinds.

I liked the purple irises the most.

The day after the week passed, the old docotor came again, with a very solemn expression.

"Gayoon, you've been a very patient patient," he said, chortling at his own joke. "but, we have sad news to tell you."

My heart beat faster as I scribbled, "What is it?"

The doctor read and slowly replied, "You've been writing so much that you have a fractured wrist. I'm sorry."

I gasped in shock.

How long am I supposed to stay in this germ-infected hospital?

Then, the medical person looked up with a mischievious grin on his face.

I looked at Kai and held up the white board with the message previously not erased yet.

"You fell for that, didn't you?" the two people in front of me started laughing,

especially the snorting laugh that the doctor had.

"Anyway, you will be released from the hospital today, but you will have to wear a cast on your foot for 2 weeks. Also, you may begin to talk now. Your voice box has been repaired.", he informed, smiling.

I laughed with joy, as the nearby nurses and doctors looked at me, annoyed.

I covered my mouth and hugged Kai. 

We don't seem to mind each other's presence now.

***

The problem was that my parents didn't know that I was injured, and was probably weeping when I had been lost.

But now, I was going home, and that's all that matters.

Kai supported me every step of the way, and when I got to my house, I rang the chimes.

The door slowly opened, and my father was poised as a ninja with a sword in one hand.

The sword fell to a clatter and my father's mouth turned into a wide gap.

"Gayoon-ah! My daughter! Pomi! Pomi! Come here! Our daughter has returned!", he screamed, squeezing me into an enourmous bear  hug.

My mother rushed out and did the same.

After Kai went home and our family reunited, I told them the story, including Kai.

My mother nodded understandingly.

"So that was the guy that took you home and was standing by the doorway," she said.

The chimes rang.

I stood up to get the door.

There stood Kai, in a pose.

"Come with me, Gayoon-ah." he whispered.

I bowed to my parents and went outside with him.

"What's wrong?"

He took me to a hotel and called for a room he rented.

We sat on the bed in an awkward silence.

"Gayoon, I love you. I can't stop my feelings from going that way."

I was shocked. 

I had a feeling he like me, but still, I didn't know beyond more than a friend.

He shoved me onto the bed and put his face less than a centimeter away.