Chapter 3

All My Scars Are Open

 

 

 

Chapter 3

The following morning, I woke up before Kai. I kept thinking about the look. The look that was shot towards me last night.

What did it mean? Does he... like me? Then I gave the thought a quick shake. As I said, there was NO way

that I would fall for a stranger like him. But what about him towards me?

Is it applicable for him to fall for a stranger? I don't know. I hope so-wait, what the heck am I thinking? Am I already falling for Kai?

No, I can't! What would my parents think?

And I don't even know if he likes me or not.

Is it worth it to find out?

Oh well, the devil side of me said. I'm not at home, so what does it matter? I can even make out with him if I want to.

No!, the angel part of me cried. You can't! You don't even know him! How could you! You can't even tell if he is

evil or not! I was surprised by the ferocity of the angel version of me.

I shook away both the devil and the angel. I will decide for my self, I don't want any bickering sides of me.

I stepped back into the hut, caring not to wake Kai. Turns out he was awake, muttering,"She doesn't like a dork like me."

"Ahem, good morning Kai, would you like to help me make some breakfast?" Kai flinched as she spoke.

"Oh, uh, hi there. I'll try making something. How about you just sit and watch me?"

I agreed, and sat on my bed. He hasn't said my name yet. Is he not acknowledging it, or did he forget?

Why am I even worrying? It doesn't matter anyway. I can't like him. After thinking that,

I imagined the angel side of me fist pumping. Kai was so clumsy at making breakfast

that I gave him a few heads-ups. "Try putting the water in first and then pour the coconut juice in, while you're at it, fold the seaweed,

fry it, cut the shrimp and fish into pieces, and put it on the stick. That's how you make a kabob."

Kai looked confused for a moment, which made me giggle.

"Here, just let me do it." I gently nudged him.

***

"Kai, I think we should go home now. It's for the best."

"OK, Gayoon."

He said my name.

A tiny butterfly fluttered in my chest.

What was this feeling?

Is it.. love?

I have never experienced anything like this before.

This new sensation.

But, what about him? Does he have tiny butterflies in his stomach when he says my name?

Why do I like a dope like him?

Maybe because of his y smirk, or when he bites his lips softly sometimes.

His cute manners, cheerfulness.

Maybe, just maybe, my parents wouldn't mind.

A small pang of hope exsisted in my chest.

But that pang faded as I also thought of the way he thinks about me. Does he like me?

Maybe not.

Who would like an ugly like me?

The thought I had before fluttered into my mind again.

Was it worth it to find out?