Chapter 6

All My Scars Are Open

Chapter 6

***

The beach came into view, I was so excited that I jumped up and down and almost tilted the boat. There were a couple miles left, but still, I could see the beach, standing in plain view.

Did Kai make it?

Probably not.

The last few days were cold, and I'm pretty sure the water was freezing.

I rowed until I had about, 20 feet away(yes, I'm good at math), when I saw a tall creepy figure arise from the water.

A merman?

Was it one of the legends that I read about, the guy who got zapped into a snake, but when he wasn't evil like his brother or sister, and at night, he turned back into a handsom prince?

I rowed faster, eager to know who this handsom prince was.

When I got to shallow water, I shouted, "Wait! Who are you?"

I made sure that there was a flirty tone at the end of the sentence.

The dark shadow turned around, and my jaw immediately dropped to the floor.

The familiar smirk appeared, the smirk that I had always loved appeared once again.

"You flirting with me, Gayoon? I thought you liked to kick people and push them in water."

"Yah!" I got out quickly and began to run.

Kai was of course an athlete, and he ran much faster than me, taking long, giant steps.

Eventually, I stepped on a sharp point of the shell of a sand crab, and there was a loud CRACKing sound as my foot twisted to one side.

"Aigoo! Should've never had the urge to chase him. Why am I always bumping into that jerk?" I muttered, so only I could hear.

I tried to get up, but it was immediate pain.

Kai's face had a concerned frown.

"Are you okay?"

I could've said,"De, just a little injury, no biggie," but today I wanted to be a smartass and so I yelled out,

"Of course! I've never been this PERFECT before! My ankle is so awesome, that it can run and jump and do all kinds of things with the other parts of my leg!"

Kai grinned and helped me up.

I cringed. The pain in my ankle throbbed so mightily, the world went black.

The last things I heard were,

"Gayoon-ah! Wake up! Gayoon-ah..."