Chapter 4

All My Scars Are Open

 

 

 

 

Chapter 4

The next day,I had created a makeshift canoe thingy for us to row in. Then, we set off.

Kai was a bit grudging, he didn't want to leave my awesome hut.

We brought along some food, which Kai gobbled before we got on to the canoe.

.

So, I left the jackass in the canoe, while I made some more kabobs and fried things.

I made an extra three portions just in case Kai becomes a monster on the way home.

Who knows?

Afterwards, we set sail, ready for the long journey ahead(not really).

***

After a few hours of sturdy rowing, Kai began to whine, while me, the GIRL kept going.

"Shut up." I said.

"Ugh, my arms are so tired, and I'm hungry."

I slammed the oars down.

"Look, you're lucky that I actually accepted you into my hut! I would have been better off alone!"

He muttered, "."

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?"

All my  love for him melted away.

"You know what? JUST GET OFF MY BOAT!"

"Yah! Stop!" He kicked widly, but still,

I kicked him off.

Kai was surprised, and so was I. But he deserved it, after what I've been through to take care of him.

And he repays me like this?

I lost my temper, which forms really easily when I begin to get annoyed.

I rowed as fast as I can away from him.

"He'll catch up."

"Wait, Gayoon! Wait! Hey! I'm sorry!"

I turned around.

"Kai, are you kidding? I accepted you in my hut, I cooked food for you, I literally took care of you, when I could've turned my back! And all you do now is whine and be a stupid princess?"

I released all my temper.

Kai was stunned, and he stopped treading for a moment.

Big mistake.

He sank.

"Oh, ." I cursed.

I couldn't turn my back now, this idiot is drowning!

"Kai, you owe me!" I muttered as I dived into the water.

I don't know exactly how to save someone from drowning, but I saw some techniques on TV and how a lifeguard does it.

I hauled this fat lard onto the canoe.

He coughed.

"Thanks."

I turned back and kept rowing.

After a while, Kai dozed off, leaving me to do all the work.

That's not very charming, is it?

My arms were aching like hell, so I slapped Kai awake(yes, I SLAPPED him).

"What the hell was that for?"

"That was for being a ,"

I socked his stomach.

"and that was for sinking and not knowing how to swim. Coward! Now get the hell up and row, before I shoot you."

I think he fell for that, because he sat up fearfully and started to row.

***

I dozed off peacefully, fitting in the small corner of the boat.

I don't know for how long I slept, but somehow, Kai ended up sleeping next to me, like we were a couple. And to add to that, he was hugging me.

This time, I hauled his arm off of me and kicked his balls.

"Ahh! Stop torturing me!" he winced painfully.

"How long have you been rowing? HOW LONG?"

"I -uh, erm, well, about uh... 30 minutes."

"30 MINUTES?!?!?!? THAT'S IT!! YOU"RE DEAD!!"