Chapter 1

All My Scars Are Open

 

 

 

 

Chapter 1

3 Years ago

It was a warm, sunny day at the beach. I usually hang out with my buddies here. As I splashed them with the salty, cold water, a guy just ran up and bumped into me. "Sorry, sorry, sorry. "

I grunted. "Whatever."

He narrowed his eyes at me. "I said I'm SORRY."

I did the same.

"And I said whatever," I retorted. I looked up into the tall figure's eyes.

It was a warm, choclatey brown. I could totally imagine me falling into his outstretched arms.

Then I snapped back to reality. There was NO way.

NO way that I would fall for this stranger. I don't even know him! I seriously felt like punching him.

NOT because he made me fall for him for a split second, but because I was on my period.

You can't blame me, right?

I swerved around, and tried to look over his shoulder. Where were all my friends?

He laughed. "Do your friends stalk you sometimes?"

I felt hurt. "What do you mean?"

He pointed to the palm tree near the cocnut stand. There were my friends, observing this stranger and me, standing less than

one foot apart. When I realized that, I stepped back about oh, maybe 3 feet.

I saw my friends laughing.

The guy ran his hand through his ruffled hair.

"So I guess I'll see you later," he offered.

I grunted in reply.

I seriously felt like hitting his face with a shovel.

He turned, and got hit by a beach ball.

"Hey, what the hell?" he shouted to his chums, while I burst out laughing.

He turned around, grinning. "What?"

I just kept laughing and laughing. I don't know why, but it seemed hilarious that this person got hit by a beach ball.

Did you laugh while you read that?

Anyway, I was laughing so hard, I ended up rolling around on the sand in the water.

It was sort of embarrassing, but it was once in a while I actually laughed this hard.

I was probably rolling around like a pig in the sand for about 5 minutes, until I ran out of laughs and got up.

I was literally a mud monster.

My friends were laughing once again.

"Hey," I called to the boy.

He turned around.

"Since I'm a mud monster, wanna swim?"

He chuckled.

"Sure."

So, we spent about 2 hours at the far side of the water. We swam, and swam. Suddenly, I couldn't see the beach anymore.

It was just a giant stretch of ocean all around me.

"Um, whoever you are, should we be going back now?" I asked while shivering under water.

He noticed, and commented, "Are you cold?"

He ended up hugging me really tightly. I think he was cold too, but I couldn't tell. 

I used all my energy on swimming, but we weren't sure which was was the right way.

Then I began to feel angry and lost.

"It was your fault!" I blamed, pointing to him, acting like a drunk person.

He was serious now.

"Pointing is impolite, and it's not my fault."

I glared at him, and began to swim in the other direction from where he inteded to go into.

"Hey, where are you going?" he shouted, but I was underwater, and his voice ended up being muffled.

I swam as fast as I could, and lost sight of him.

Crap. I actually lost sight of him.

Maybe that was a bad idea, getting all sensitive and swimming away.

But, maybe it was a good idea because I saw an island not far from where I was.

I used up the last of all the spark in me, and made it to the island.

Then I realized that there was no shelter.

So, I dragged my feet and put together a hut with broken branches and palm leaves for the roof.

All those years of girl scout actually came in handy now.

I used moss and grass and stacked them up and made a bed.

I'll make a tripod stove later.

I fell asleep before even lying down.