chapter 3

love you? a playboy like you?! never....

be my pretend girlfriend

 

I looked around the café where he brought me, I must admit the beautiful one had taste with regards to the ambiance of where we were…and the maitre d’ seemed to know him and we were led to a table overlooking a very panoramic view, I would’ve felt excited about it all if he brought me here to propose but hell will break loose if that did happen…

‘what will you have Sammie-ah’ he asked me

I just looked at the menu given to me and decided to have ‘seafood marinara and garlic bread please…black coffee too’

He just grinned at me and told the waiter he’ll have a tea and a slice of blueberry cheesecake. ‘are you sure you’ll survive the night with pasta alone?’

‘pasta is nice…I usually eat that for dinner, mrs.gruen our housekeeper makes heavenly pastas’ I told him ‘this place is nice…you’re a regular here right?’

‘I always eat here with my family Sammie-ah the food is great and im sure you’d love it’ he said

I nodded and wondered at the same time…does this guy have a dual personality or something?! I mean for the last couple of hours he’s been nothing but an hell bent on making me miserable and uncomfortable during my short stay in Korea.

We sat there in silence as we waited for our orders, he was busy with his phone and I was busy taking pictures of the view that the window offered. I only managed to look at him once when he stood up and asked himself to be excused for a bit.

Our orders were served a few minutes he left, I didn’t eat yet out of politeness…I just waited for him to come back and come back he did…he left alone and this time he had a girl in his arms. ‘what a playboy, we’re having dinner together and he brings a girl over’ I mumbled.

‘sammie-ah why didn’t you eat yet’ he told me as he got back to our table

I ignored the sudden impulse to just stand up and leave, I know this wasn’t a date but the moron didn’t even consider my feelings and he had to bring one of his girls with him.

I smiled at the girl he’s with and looked at him ‘ its okay, it wouldn’t be polite if I didn’t wait for you…konichiwa I’m sam’

‘ahh you’re part Japanese? I think you’re very beautiful’ she said with a smile.

‘oh? Thank you, yes I’m part Japanese. Im actually a mix of some sort’

She smiled again and took heechul’s hands in hers, the latter looked like an angel that moment and somehow it surprised me and made me think that he really has a  dual personality. I forgot the immediate need to fill my tummy as I listened to their animated conversation, they were talking in Korean and I couldn’t really understand what they were saying, though they would sometimes switch to English for my benefit when they would finally realize that im there…and no im not jealous I just want that clear.

I groaned inwardly as I took a sip of my now lukewarm coffee and tried to plaster a what I hope would be a polite smile on my face.

‘I like her heenim, appa and omma would love her’

I just stared at her in disbelief…can someone please tell me that my hearing got damaged in a short period of time and I didn’t hear this angelic woman say something about liking me…and what’s appa and omma?? She also called heechul ‘heenim’ whatever that means…though it sounded cute coming from her I was still uneasy..

I tried to kick heechul or heenim or whatever his real name is from under the table but he wouldn’t budge…what did I get myself into..

‘when are you coming to our house sam-ah’ she asked me

I gave her a small smile and glared at heechul ‘house? i…i..ahh-‘

‘noona…she just got here from japan, we’ll be having lunch with you and omma and appa tomorrow’ heecchul answered for me

Did he just say lunch?? Lunch at who’s house again? And what does noona mean?

‘very well…we’ll be expecting the two of you at lunch ok? Sam-ah as much as I’d like to stay but I have  other things to attend to tonight…I’m so pleased to have met you’ she said as she stood up to leave.

I also stood up and she pulled me in her arms and gave me a hug ‘the pleasure is all mine…but you didn’t even have dinner yet and you didn’t give me your name’

She laughed and even her laugh sounded like an angel ‘choesonghamnida, I didn’t give you my name? and im sure my dear brother didn’t tell you about our family yet…very well we can talk about that tomorrow at lunch’

‘brother?’ I asked her

She nodded and kissed my cheek ‘yes, my brother…I’m kim heejin and im heechul’s elder sister, you can call me unnie…I would love that’

I somehow found a smile and I felt a little  feeling of being relieved  at that thought that they were siblings and not an item…

‘daijobu…ahh unnie’ I said with a smile and gave her a peck on the cheek after kissing heechul she gave us both a wave and she was gone.

I looked at heechul and threw the tissue at him ‘ soo…heenim would you mind telling me what just happened earlier?’

***

Heechul’s pov

The moment of truth…he wished she didn’t have to find out that way why he needed to ask a favor from her, but he also didn’t expect that his older sister would be at that café that night either.

‘soo heenim…would you mind telling me what happened earlier’ she said her voice was already laced with sarcasm

He tried to charm his way out of the situation and smiled at her ‘would  you like to drink some wine Sammie-ah, there’s this bar near here and-‘

‘no I wouldn’t want to have some wine…I deserve an explanation’ she told him as she was eating her pasta

‘another cup of coffee perhaps?’ he tried again

‘explain please’

He sighed in obvious surrender and thought of a way to make things less complicated…since noona already saw them together and he’s sure by now his parents already knew about him and sam, he didn’t have anything  to worry about, he just needs sam to agree to his plans so his parents would leave his private life alone…he didn’t have any plans to settle down and have a family yet and if he doesn’t take matters into his own hands he’ll end up with the same fate as kyuhyunnie…

‘don’t even think of lying to me kim heechul…just get straight to the point’

He sighed again and said ‘ be my girlfriend for a couple of weeks Sammie-ah…I’ll give you anything your heart desires…please just be my girlfriend’ 

 

***

hope you guys like the 3rd chapter...im thinking of a sudden twist in the story..ideas anyone :)