Chapter 3 - Payback

Remember Me?

 

Note : starting from this chapter...

Green : flashback (Jonghyun)

blue : excerpt from 'Splice'

red : flashback (Yonghwa)

(Your POV)

It’s been a month after we’re married. And I felt something strange as I made small grunt.

“Are you okay?” he asked

“I’m completely fine. Just a headache that’s all” I walked to the bathroom slowly

I locked the door as fast as I can. I the shower and pretend I’m showering right now. I shouldn’t let Seungri know about this. I have to hide it somehow… I reached my iPhone and searched for any signs about this pain. I felt nauseous and threw up every few minutes.

“_____ is that you? Something wrong?” Dara asked

“I’m fine” I yelled

Afterwards I checked and tried to hold in the will to scream loudly. This can’t be happening. How is it possible? My face turned pale as I sat on the floor while leaning on the door.  Should I tell him about it? Or better yet I can turn it into a surprise for him? *smirks*

“Dara unnie, I’m almost done” I yelled from the bathroom

I came out with a wide grin plastered on my face. Challenge accepted! So far my plan has been going good.

“What took you so long?” he asked. How come he’s awake at this hour already? Usually he wakes up earlier than me.

“Oppa, did you wait for a long time?”

“Yeah. You’ve been gone for like an hour”

I gave him the bad poker face expression while hiding my freaked out expression. Oh crap! Did I really take that long in the bathroom? You’re joking me!

“What took you so long?” Great. He’s interrogating me like I just murdered someone! It seems like he can’t tell the difference between being attentive and interrogating someone. Was he a detective/cop before? I have no idea.

“I had a strong headache. And my stomach feels bloated” I complained

“You’d better take some medicine. And you shouldn’t sleep late tonight. I want you to be in bed before 11 PM baby” he warned me like I’m still a 5 year old.

“Ne oppa” I answered

That night all of us had dinner and we had some small chit-chat with each other. While GD was about to grab a bottle of wine, he had a strange expression.

“_______ , are you okay?” he asked

“Me? I’m fine. I just had a headache” I was busy listening to music in my phone. Suddenly Seungri came out of nowhere and sat next to me. He hands me an empty wine glass.

“Please drink with me” he said

“Ani. I can’t” I replied shyly

“Why?” I gasped when he asked me then he accidentally pour too much wine which then spilled on the floor and stained his shirt.

“Let me get that” I wiped the stain on the shirt

“Please tell me why you don’t want to?”

I didn’t answer

“Come on baby, please….” He gave me that puppy eyes expression

“Fine” I sighed

I took a deep breath

“Why did you do that?”

“Are you sure you’re ready to handle it?”

“Of course. I’m not going to get mad” he smiled

After I took a deep breath, I leaned over and whispered those two dreadful words. Come on, ______!

I whispered slowly. But he can’t hear it from the loud music. So we moved into a quieter spot. At last the moment has come.

“I’m pregnant baby” I whispered 

After I whispered those words, I saw his face. He was as quiet as a statue.

“When did you find out about it?” he asked

“This morning”

“You should’ve told me then! I can’t believe it” he grinned and captured my lips. Then he grabbed a spoon and tapped on the wine glass.

“Everyone I have an announcement” GD turned down the music. Everyone were curious to hear the news.

“What is it this time, maknae?” GD complained

“Hyung… Everyone.. I’m going to be an appa!” he exclaimed with joy. Everyone in the whole house gasped. GD looked like he just saw a ghost.

“Jinjja  (really)?!” Daesung nearly spit out his wine

“Seungriyah! What did you do to ____?” GD interrogated him

He smirked. GD shook his head.

“ckckckck……” TOP rolled his eyes at Seungri

The girls were congratulating me. I was still recovering from the horrible shock.

(Author’s POV)

While you and the others were glad you’re going to have your first child, somewhere there was someone who is watching their move ever since the wedding. Who could it be?

(Jonghyun’s POV)

I can’t believe it! _______ is married already and expecting their first kid already, without me?! What the just happened?! How dare that girl turned down on me since we’re in high school. I fell in love real hard with her. She constantly rejects me.

I spied their every move since their wedding. I flashed back when I was in junior high.

(flashback)

“_______ -ah. Will you be my girl?” I asked her

She didn’t answer me. Then she noticed me as I was anticipating the answer.

“So what’s the answer?” I asked

“Ani. I can’t, I have more important things to do. I already have other plans” she said

My heart was shattered. I held back my tears and told what happened to Yonghwa.

“Yonghwa, you’re best friends with ______ right?” I plead

He nodded

After a few years, no news was heard from her. Then Yonghwa told me that he’s in the same university as ______. I gasped

“Yonghwa hyung, is it true?!” I exclaimed

He smiled

“But sadly I love her as well. Since she met that Lee Seunghyun guy, I watched her every move. They were very happy together. I objected her going with him. How can you fall for someone who you just met a few days ago and you’re very close to him even marrying him as well?!” he explained

“I also loved her too… I’ll help you get her no matter what happens” I boldly replied

When we met again, we decided to have a bit of fun. When he asked me to buy a drink, I secretly put a concoction which will make him turn into a monster.

“Here you go” I handed him the drink

Suddenly he drank it and experienced severe pain.

“Are you okay?” I asked

“I’ll just go home. Thanks for being with me today” he smiled

When he reached home, I grinned sinisterly.

"______ , if I can't have you. I'll let my friend do the work for me! We'll get you back again!"

**************

 

(Yonghwa’s POV)

What did Jonghyun add in the drink? Is it poison? No, he won’t do that! I trusted him! That’s silly. I walked home while struggling to hold in the pain.

(excerpt from ‘Splice’ chapter 3)

While I was at home, I felt a strong pain in my body which made me passed out. Soon as I woke up, why do I feel weird? I went to check the mirror; my face turned pale and my eyes turned pitch black. Where did I get fangs?

“DAMN IT!”

I punched the mirror which then smashed into pieces quickly. Somehow I got this weird craving for human blood. I noticed my hand was bleeding, and when I tried the blood. I realized it wasn’t enough, I need to get more!

(end of excerpt)

There was a phone call from Jonghyun

“Yeoboseyo” I said

“Hyung, sorry for that ‘incident’ “ he smirked

“Why did you do this to me?” I asked

“Listen, do you want to win back ______ from that jerk or not?” he threatened me

“Yes, I want her so bad! Where did you get it from?” I said

“That concoction I stole it. I heard he’s part vampire, this will give you powers like his. You can finally win her back with it” Jonghyun explained

“Is there an antidote?” I asked

“Ani. But be careful, if you’re dying then the effects will go away and your body will start to weaken.’ he continued.

So it begins. I'm going to get you back, _____ ! I came to Seunghyun's house and I caught her when the lights were off. Then CRASH! She fell down, someone pushed her. Damn! I nearly got her. I can't believe it, I saw that jerk with his friends about to attack me. Luckily I managed to escape this time.

The next day, I saw her asking about my condition. She's so considerate. I replied that I'm fine.

 

“What happened? You were looking very pale. For a minute I thought you were sick. Should I take you home later?”

“No it’s fine. Thanks for the offer. I’d love to go home with you” he lightly smiled

Then Seunghyun arrived

“_______, that’s my seat” he pointed at the seat next to Yonghwa’s

“Seungri, you made it!” you smiled while returning to your seat. You saw a glimpse of Yonghwa’s disappointed face. 

I just can't believe how that happened. I nearly got here there! Lee Seunghyun, I swear I'm going to get you! So then I finally found the day I confronted him. I saw him with her. She was shocked after I told her what happened

 

“Funny you should ask. Do you know what it feels? Having a crush on your best friend then she left you for some jerk?” he angered

 

“Wait, he’s not a jerk. He’s been a nice guy” you replied

“So you were the one who attacked us back then” Seungri interrupted

“Yes! You know I hated when _______ was with you every time.” Yonghwa said

“ Tell me, ______-ah! Why did you choose him over me? Aren’t I the one who knew you longer than this jerk?! Tell me!” he threatened you

“Do you know why?” you asked

“Why?” he snapped

“Because you were a jerk to me. You told me we’re going to be best friends. But no, you kept me all to yourself as if I was an object. You hate it when I’m with someone else. I can’t believe it!” you yelled

He blew me with his attack at the end. Suddenly I saw him, Jonghyun. 

"Jonghyun" I replied

*************

"Hyung!" I yelled

He was in a near-death state. I shook him as he uttered his last words.

"Jonghyun, I want you to do me a favor. I can't do it. You love her too, right? I want you continue  my task and get her for me. I believe you can do this! I might not be here to see you but I know you can" he uttered as he closed his eyes.

Hyung, don't worry. I'll continue your task whatever happens!

(end of flashback)