Confusion

Do I have a stalker, friend or a really difficult life

 

I backed away a little, but felt guilty immediately after I did. The boy was badly hurt, how could I be scared of him when he wasn't even conscious?

A groan disturbed my thoughts. The sudden sound startled me.

Are you okay?” I asked anxiously, leaning closer to him. It even sounded like a stupid question to me, of course he wasn't okay!

The boy tried to say something, but he choked and started coughing blood.

Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god! I panicked a little trying to get the boy to lay down again.

Please don't make any unnecessary movements, I'm going to call an ambulance,” I said. My voice was high and I could clearly hear and feel the panic in it.

I tried to get my phone out of my pocket, which proved to be surprisingly difficult because my hands were shaking more than a lot. A hand suddenly grabbed my arm, which made me jump again.

What!?” I hissed at the weakened boy. He opened his mouth and whispered something.

Huh?” I moved closer to catch what he was saying.

Don't. . .” was all that came out, softly and rasping.

Don't? Don't what? Call an ambulance. No way in hell I was going to let him die here. I was human too.

I stood up, so the boy couldn't grab my arm again, and dialed the emergency number. When the voice of a woman came on on the other side I suddenly felt scarily calm. I told her were we were and in no time an ambulance parked in front of the alley. The ride must have been long, but I only remember the frog face that was laying on the gurney with a breathing cap on his mouth. My whole body felt light and my head didn't follow anything anymore, only the face and body of the boy. Nurses and doctors were talking to me, but I didn't really catch what they were saying. Even when the bed with the frog boy was being rolled into a room I couldn't register what people were saying to me, until a hand pulled me down on a plastic hospital chair and I broke down in tears I didn't even know I was holding in.

Someone was holding me, I noticed, when my tears started drying up. I didn't know these arms, but I didn't want them to let go. My body liked the warmth and didn't want to feel cold again. Sadly the arms let me go when my sobs lessened.

Are you all right to talk now?” a women's voice said.

I looked up at the woman who had held me while I was crying. My face must have looked really bad, but I didn't really care.

I thought about her question a little and nodded.

She smiled at me and motioned me to get up and walk with her. I took a look at my surroundings. We were in the emergency part of the hospital. A part of the hospital I had never seen before. Nothing this bad happened to me before, or to my surroundings for that matter.

The walls were white and the plastic chairs on the sides held people with shocked and sad expressions. It wasn't that busy.

The nurse led me into a small office, with a man behind a desk. The man looked up when the door opened and I could read his name tack. Dr. Kim Dongwan.

You finally calmed down?” the doctor asked. I didn't remember seeing him earlier, but I didn't remember seeing anyone except the boy.

I nodded again.

Well, sit down,” Dr. Kim smiled kindly. He had a young face, for a doctor.

I sat down one of the chairs in front of his desk. The nurse bowed and left the room.

I remembered I didn't thank her for consoling me, I should do that later. If I could recognize her later. Damn, what did she look like again?

What's your name and age?” the Dr. Kim asked suddenly, startling me.

What?” I asked stupidly. He must have already introduced himself without me noticing.

Your name and age,” Dr. Kim repeated calmly.

Lee Taemin, eighteen years old,” I said.

Dr. Kim typed something in his computer.

Can you please tell me what happened to the patient, what your relationship is with him and what his name and age is,” Dr. Kim said while typing and looking at the screen of his computer with a small, serious frown.

Uhm...” I thought about the question a little. “I don't know him and have no relationship with him.” I told the doctor honestly. “I was walking home when I heard voices and screams and saw him being attacked in an alley. I somehow got the men to flee and called an ambulance afterwards.”

Dr. Kim nodded while typing away on his keyboard. It wouldn't be a first that an unrelated person brought a patient in. That was the only human thing to do, right?

Why didn't you call the police?” Dr. Kim asked.

I was scared that they would be to late and the boy would be dead by then,” I confessed. “They were really rough.”

You didn't fight them, did you?” Dr. Kim said, looking me over for the first time in a while, eyeing me up and down.

I blushed, to my embarrassment, and shook my head in denial. “I hid myself and yelled that I had called the police and they could be here any minute,” I said to my knees. “When they heard me, they ran.”

Dr. Kim laughed out loud. “You have luck, boy,” he snickered.

I only felt my face burning more when he said that. I felt stupid for some reason, even though I saved someone.

Well, I hope you'll be happy to hear the boy isn't in any serious danger,” Dr. Kim said, looking at the screen of his computer again. He began listing the injuries of the frog boy and I wondered why the boy wasn't dead yet. He had five broken ribs, a broken leg, wrist and shoulder, a slash on his back and his other leg and cuts al over his body, some of which required stitches and some didn't. Dr. Kim said that they had found a lot of scars too.

“I need your contact information,” he finally said. “We haven't found a wallet or anything else on him we could use to identify him with, like a phone. I think the man who attacked him might have stolen his properties, so you have to be responsible for him until we can contact a relative of some sorts. His family might want to thank you, too.” He paused shortly to type something again. “Could you come in again tomorrow morning?”

Well, I have school tomorrow, but I think they will understand if I miss a few hours for this,” I said. “Otherwise my mother will come.”

Dr. Kim nodded. “I understand, but I would like it if you would come, because you're related to the accident. Can you give me your contact information?”

I told him my phone number and house address. “Can I see him before I go?” The question left my lips before I could think it through. My face reddened.

Dr. Kim smiled. “Of course you can. He isn't awake, however, so you can't talk to him.”

Forget it,” I said, shaking my head. “I'll see him tomorrow anyway, I don't even know him. Why would I want to see him while he's sleeping.” My voice trailed off, and Dr. Kim looked at me, confused. I looked away, not wanting him to see my face.

I'll be off then,” I said, jumping up.

Dr. Kim stood up too. He didn't look fazed by my awkwardness at all. He just stuck out his hand and bowed while shaking mine, opening the door for me after.

The cool breeze touched my hot face when I stepped outside. It felt really good and relaxing. Trying not to think about anything, I called my umma to come pick me up.

 

The next morning I was walking down the street, yawning. Sleep had eluded me when I was finally laying in my bed the day before. The frog-faced boy, who had been my stalker the last week, was in the hospital and I couldn't stop worrying for some reason, thinking he might die in the middle of the night.

My mother hadn't stayed mad for long yesterday evening. When I called her she yelled at me, but when I told her what had happened, she softened immediately. She at being mad for longer periods of time. Every time she gets angry, she accepts every little excuse to forgive you. When I asked her if I could skip school the next day to go to the hospital, I got permission soon enough.

I walked into the hospital and . . . didn't know what to do next. I had been really awkward when I left the hospital yesterday and I forgot where I had to go. Luckily there was a huge sign that read reception.

I walked towards the reception only to find a woman talking on the phone. I leaned on the counter to wait until the receptionist was done talking, which was long. I started to get impatient when she finally put the damn phone down.

What can I do for you?” she asked, giving me a friendly smile.

I have an appointment with doctor Kim Dongwan,” I said. I didn't know the name of the frog boy, or his room number, so couldn't really ask for him.

Your name?” The woman asked.

Lee Taemin,” I said.

She nodded. “I'll call him, just wait a minute,” she told me, picking up the phone again.

I felt the tension I hadn't noticed I was feeling slip a bit and my body relaxed.

The phone call was short and the woman looked at me again. “You can go to the . . . apartment. Dr. Kim will be waiting for you there.”

Uhm,” I stuttered a little, “I don't know where that is.”

Up the stairs, then go straight until you reach the apartment with the blue stripes on the top of the walls.”

I thanked the woman, before following her instructions.

The . . . apartment was easily found, and I didn't even have to look for Dr. Kim, because he came walking towards me as soon I stepped into the blue hall.

Taemin-goon,” he said, like he was really happy to see me.

He was kind of a weird doctor I guess. I bowed at him and we shook hands before he motioned for me to follow him.

Mr. Choi woke up this morning,” Dr. Kim said brightly.

Who?” I couldn't help asking, while it was really obvious.

“The patient you brought in yesterday,” Dr. Kim told me. “His name is Choi Minho. We had to try hard to get it out of him, though.”

I frowned at his remark. “Why?” I asked.

I should tell before you meet him, shouldn't I,” Dr. Kim said, super serious now.

I got worried when we stopped in front of a room, but didn't go in.

Why, is there something wrong?” I asked, anxious.

I shouldn't really say wrong,” Dr. Kim said. “He is just a little stubborn. He woke up around six and started freaking out. We think it is because of the hospital. We guessed he didn't want to be here, from his tantrum. He hasn't told anything yet, except for his name. He is like some sort of astranged, wild animal. Until there it isn't really wrong, for my part, but I'm afraid we can't keep him here when he is like that for more reasons than one.”

I fell my heart thump. What the hell was that guy? I couldn't wrap my mind around what was happening exactly.

Dr. Kim must have seen my frowning face, because he added: “He stopped his tantrum already half an hour ago, so you can go in.”

I didn't answer him, but looked at the heck of the door. To be honest I was a little scared to go in. I got the feeling that Dr. Kim wanted me to do something about the boy that was inside, but I didn't know what or how. But what worried me the most was that I wanted to do something. From what Dr. Kim had told me, I thought the boy was scared. I remembered that the frog boy had wanted to stop me from calling an ambulance, and felt a little guilty for ignoring the wish of a badly hurt person. Finally, what felt like for ages, I grabbed the heck and opened the door.

It was as if I looked into the eyes of an angel.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

First I want to apologize to for the chapter before this one. The number of typos were to cry for. I almost did. Of course I have a really good explanation for that but I won't bother you with that. Just know that I already fixed them (I know that my grammar and spelling aren't always good, but I never really notice those, even after reading through the chapter)

Aaaaaaaaaaaand I forgot my usual comment at the end of my chapter:

PLEASE COMMENT OR SUBSCRIBE IF YOU DIDN"T YET. I LOVE COMMENTS THE MOST THOUGH, SO PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT  YOU THOUGHT ABOUT THE CHAPTER <3 LOVE YOU

shiningangelmel  Yeah, Yhey're supposed to be, I tried hard ^^ (answer on comment from chapter 7 :D)

Hehe,while searching for a chapter pic I found a lot of pictures, but most of them I want to use for other chapter so I won't post them :P Last time I went wild XD

But I did find this pic while searching for Taemin pictures ^^ No idea what it was doing their but it is so true!
Hehe, That Jonghyun.

Just wait, he will definitely make an appearance  :)s

(No idea what he is doing there but I was laughing my of xD)

Now grab your happiness

And we will all go on with our lives ^^ This pic of Tae made me think of that sentence. ^^

Love you all very much!!!!! (don't forget to comment)