Hospital needs money, cheeky bastards

Do I have a stalker, friend or a really difficult life

 

Okay, maybe I have to rethink this. I was watching while Dr. Kim tried to talk to the frog boy who was called Choi Minho.

The man/boy who had been stalking me for a week or so, who I saved from getting kicked to death yesterday evening. He was ignoring Dr. Kim. I couldn't figure out what the other was thinking. He had a stoic expression. Dr. Kim had said the same boy had been throwing a tantrum half an hour ago, but he didn't seem like he even could. His leg was in a case and was hanging in a sort of hammock and his arm was laying on the white sheets of his bed. I couldn't see the rest of his body, because he was lying flat on his back with the sheets covering him, but his face was bruised and there were a few bandages.

Dr. Kim had stopped talking, without even getting a glance from the patient and motioned me to step closer.

When I walked in, the eyes of Choi Minho had met mine for less than a second. After that, he hadn't looked at anyone at all.

I hope you can talk to him,” Dr. Kim whispered. “I'll leave you two alone.”

With a nervous tingle crawling down my spine I watched Dr. Kim leaving the room. I had no idea why he had to leave and it didn't feel exactly comfortable.

Uhm, hi,” I said. My voice sounded weak. “I'm, uh, Lee Taemin. I saved you yesterday.”

There was no answer. Only silence and a motionless body.

I'm sorry I took you here,” I said, remembering him telling me I shouldn't call an ambulance. “You told me you didn't want to go to the hospital and I ignored your wish.”

It was a huge shock for me when he responded to that. A groan came from Choi Minho's bed and it scared me really bad.

Uhm. . .” I didn't know what to say, the words were stuck in my throat. I had to go on talking. Somehow I wanted him to listen to me. “I heard you threw a tantrum.”

Silence.

I was really surprised that you even could, because you're all wrapped up and bandaged.” I tried to sound as casual as I could. “It's really impressive that you can even move. It scared the out of me, you know. There were screams and those men were yelling. I almost couldn't hear you already, so I knew I was too late to call the police. When you told me I shouldn't call an ambulance, I got a little angry. You were almost unconscious and you were telling me you didn't need any professional treatment. I did it for you, you know, calling the ambulance. You wouldn't have survived, I'm sure of it. I'm guessing you have a really good reason for not wanting to be here, but you need it. You shouldn't try to escape from here. They will help you get better.”

I talked and talked like that for what felt like hours, without getting any response. The topic went from serious to totally insignificant. I even ended up talking about school and the weird things that happened while shopping with my best friend. It was like talking to an imaginary person, or someone who was in a coma, because Minho wasn't saying or doing anything. He just laid there, like a dead person. After a while, I started to refer to Choi Minho as just Minho in my head. It felt like I could, because he knew a lot more about me now.

After an hour, which felt much and much longer, I got called away by a nurse. She told me Mr. Choi needed his check up and Dr. Kim wanted to talk to me.

I walked towards the door where, I knew now, Dr. Kim's office was located and knocked.

Come in,” the doctor's voice told me.

I opened the door and was met with a tall man in suit. I initially jumped a little, because I hadn't suspected anyone else to be here, then bowed to the man. He looked rich and had that authorial feeling to him. I didn't dare look him in the eyes because of that. The man bowed back, or I think he did, he wasn't trying that hard, and walked past me into the hall. I didn't look back and just walked in, closing the door behind me.

Ah, Mister Lee,” Dr. Kim said, like he was really happy to see me.

Hallo,” I said with a slight nod, sitting down.

You talked to Mister Choi, I suppose,” Dr. Kim said eagerly.

Well...” I thought about how to explain it to him, “I did talk, but he didn't really answer or acknowledge me or anything,” I told him honestly.

Dr. Kims face fell a little, but recovered it fast. “That was to be expected,” he said, typing away on his computer. “There's just a small problem.”

I raised my eyebrows, but remembered that that wasn't polite so I answered out loud, “What is it?”

The expenses,” Dr. Kim said straight away. “He can't pay them and he can't stay here if they aren't paid. He doesn't have any insurance as far as we know, which isn't much to begin with.”

You couldn't find a relative?” I asked, thinking that they might have found something after they came to know his name.

We did found information about him,” Dr. Kim said. “We have our ways, but his family situation isn't all that bright. His parents are dead. The mother was an only child and her parents died not very long ago. The father was Japanese. All his siblings are still in Japan we suppose, but as you can imagine, they are more difficult to find. The parents had three children, but we haven't found out where they live yet. Mr. Choi is one of them, naturally. We did find the name of the elementary school where his youngest sibling is enrolled. But our problem isn't solved with that.”

I felt dizzy from the information, but my sympathy for Minho grew.

Wait,” I said, when it suddenly hit me, “you're going to kick a badly hurt patient out because he can't pay?” I asked in disgust.

We have to,” Dr. Kim said. His face showed sadness. “When he can walk again we have to let him go, plus, he will have a debt here.”

I gaped at the doctor with astonishment. No way. How could they!

How much is it?” I asked.

Around 20 000 won, why?” Dr. Kim answered with a curious expression.

Let me make a call,” I said, standing up and walking out of the office. A few seconds later, my mother picked up her phone.

Umma,” I exclaimed into the receiver.

Taemin-ah, what is it?” umma said. “Aren't you in the hospital right now.”

Uhm, there is a problem,” I said, getting a little nervous to ask her. “The patient I brought in yesterday can't pay the hospital bill and they have to kick him out when he can walk again, with a debt.”

For a few seconds, it was silent on the other side.

Umma?” I asked, insecure.

You want to ask to pay for him, don't you,” she said

I swallowed, feeling my hope slip away. “You can't?”

A sigh. “I could, Taemin-ah, but I have to know that the money will be well received.”

I nodded, understanding, then remembering that she couldn't see me. “Deh,” I said, maybe a little disappointed.

What is it,” she said with an other sigh.

Well. . .” I stuttered a little. “I think they have to have it as soon as possible and you can't come by the hospital before the weekend. And I don't think you would like the guy. He doesn't talk, only ignores people. I know you can't really get along with people like that.”

Quit rambling, son,” she said. “I'll pay, okay? I think it is enough that my son believes it is a good deed.”

Thank you, Umma,” I exclaimed, ignoring the angry shushes of the nurses, telling me to quite down. “I'll give the bank account number to the hospital then.”

Don't worry about it,” Umma said. “I'll go to the hospital this evening and sign. Just go to school, okay?”

Okay, Umma,” I said happily. I believed I could die happy now, after my achievement. “See you tonight.”

I hung up and walked back into Dr. Kims office.

You're back?” the doctor asked with raised eyebrows.

I'm sorry I ran out,” I said with a bow. “My mother agreed to pay the hospital bill.”

I grinned at the man, who looked stunned by my words.

Alright then,” Dr. Kim mumbled, again, typing something on his computer.

She will come by this evening to fill in the papers, if that's possible,” I said.

Dr. Kim nodded. “Is seven o’clock okay?” he asked. “She can't meet with the patient then, but I will be available.”

Great,” I said with a huge smile on my face, “I'll text it to her. Is it okay if I meet Choi Minho before I go?”

I looked at the doctor hopeful, but he shook his head.

I'm sorry, the visiting hours are over,” Dr. Kim said. “Come again tomorrow and ask the visiting schedule at the reception down stairs. That way you won't come at the wrong time.”

I understand,” I said. “Goodbye.”

I bowed and left.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

'I have been away to long

and everyday i missed this more and moer and more

this story is like it was before only longer

and everyday I missed it more'

For if you don't know, this is a song from raccoon. I just replaced some words to make it funny xD It just came up suddenly and I had to write it. But I really missed it and I'm sorry it took so long and even giving you this kind of chapter -.- I hope you guys think it's alright, it feels like just a filler to me.

But Minho's family tree is a little bit more clearer. Just a little thought.

I found a cute fig of minho in bed. he is really extremely cute!!! squeel ><

Sleep dreams my lovely subbies. Please comment on the story <3

Love you!!!!