Chapter 9.

I'm His Machine

I'm His Machine

Chapter 9.

"Oh my god, i am so so sorry Chen, i didn't mean to. I-"

Chen interrupted you with a groan. "It's fine Jae In, i'm fine." 

He bent down and clutched his injuired stomach, leaning at the dirty wet wall. You bit your lips, playing with your fingers nervously while looking over Chen, feeling guilty and worried. You took a step forward and bent downwards, meeting Chen's eye level. 

"Do you wanna come over to Kris's apartment first? I can cook something for you." You offered, with a timid voice. 

Chen's ears perked up at the name and shook his head. He couldn't let Kris know that he followed his leader home just to see you. He simply couldn't. 

"My house is nearby. Could you help me up?" Chen asked, still clutching on his stomach.

Feeling rather unsure, you asked him if you had elbowed him that hard but he didn't reply. Biting your lip, you went over to Chen and placed his hands over your petite shoulders. Your face became red with the skin contact but you brushed it off, making helping Chen to his house your top concern for now. What you failed to notice is that Chen was red in the face as well. You both walked slowly, not talking at all but you or Chen didn't mind. The silence was a rather peaceful one. As soon you arrived at his apartment, Chen tried to reach inside his pockets for his keys but failed miserably. You saw this and shyly reach towards it and took it out. You blushed again but quickly broke eye contact as you unlocked the gate. After helping Chen inside, you carefully lead him to the couch. You stood there awkwardly for a few seconds before looking around Chen's house from your position. Chen sensed the awkward silence and looked up. He saw you glancing around his house and chuckled. You heard him and looked at him, puzzled. He smiled and patted the spot beside him, signalling he wanted you to take a seat beside him. You shook your head and instead, asked him where his first aid box was. 

"You know it's fine, Jae In ah. It's fine." Chen reassured while giving you a small smile. 

You being the stubborn person, nodded but walked towards his kitchen. It was small and humble, but with a rather nice small stove and just a few cabinets at the bottom, compared to Kris's, whose kitchen is the obviously bigger one. You spot the kitchen sink and the dish rack beside it. Chen's kitchen is rather neat compared to Kris's, the moment when you first entered his kitchen. Dishes were piled neatly, the sink was unexpectedly clean and shiny. That made you wondered how it is possible that a bachelor, a busy on at that, is able to maintain his kitchen. With those thoughts running through your mind as you scanned the small kitchen, you failed to notice how Chen was leaning against the entrance of his kitchen, observing you top to bottom. 

'How cute,' he thought, smiling to himself, as he watched you gasped in awe. 

"Done observing, pretty lady?" Chen broke the silence, startling the living daylights of you. 

You jumped a step back as you came face to face with Chen, putting your gentle hands to calm your shocked heart. Chen laughed at your gesture and you couldn't help but to laugh along with him. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kris ran and ran, hoping that nothing bad had happened to you. He tried calling you multiple times but you had it turned off. Beads of perspiration trickled down his forehead, dripping bit by bit, but that's the least of his worries. Suddenly he heard a female scream around the corner. With the horrible thoughts of you in danger, Kris quickly ran towards the direction of the scream. He saw a few drunk men trying to take advantage of an alone and helpless girl in the dark alley. Without wasting another minute, he ran foward, kicking the drunk men away from the girl, beating them till they take off. He quickly turned to the girl and he frozed for a few seconds. The girl wasn't the girl that he was looking for, but nonetheless, he helped her up. 

"You okay?" He asked the girl, out of courtesy. 

The girl was at a loss for words but nodded at his question. Tears rolled down her rosy cheeks and she cried her heart out, recalling the incident that almost changed her whole life. Kris was taken aback at first at the girl's sudden outburst but understood it anyway. Suddenly, the girl approached him and buried her face in his broad chest, making Kris twice as shock as he is. Feeling rather confused, he awkwardly pat her back, giving her comfort as she wailed in his embrace. 

----------------------------------

Sitting at the couch in the living room, you and Chen indulge in two cups of warm hot chocolate, talking about each other and not minding the time. As you were telling a story on how your brother saved you everytime in high school, Chen took the time to study your features. He took note on how your almond shaped eyes sparkled as bright as the stars at night, how your cheeks would have a rosy blush without you trying, how your long, soft and silky hair fall perfectly behind your shoulders perfectly, how your fair complexion shines in the light, how your lips seems soft and perfectly tinted with the right colour of pink and how your nose seems cute as a button. It was so obvious that Chen was in love with you, seeing how his eyes shines and how his lips curves into a smile whenever he sees you. You didn't noticed him staring until you turned to face him. You frozed at how close he is to your face, staring at you. You held your breath as you focused your eyes on his. He suddenly took the moment to slowly lean in, closing the gap between the both of you. Unknowingly, you begin to lean to, further closing in. Slowly, Chen leaned in till he felt your lips on his. The kiss was soft and sweet, their lips moving in sync. Chen's tongue traced your bottom lip and you returned the kiss by parting your lips. His hands softly reached your soft cheeks as he deepened the kiss. Your hands flew to the back of his neck in return. The kiss went on and on, none of them know how long, until Chen's phone suddenly rang. Chen didn't want to break the kiss but you pulled apart, giving him no choice but to answer it. 

"What is it, Xiumin?" Chen snapped, obviously angry. 

You on the other hand, tried to calm yourself down. 

'What am i doing? I'm leaving tomorrow and i got myself in some deep trouble. Oppa is so going to kill me for this. Ottokae...' You thought, biting your bottom lip as you recalled what happened a few seconds ago. 

"I'll be back later, okay? Tell the others not to wait up for me. Is Kris back yet?" Chen asked, stealing glances at you, who was more than distracted. 

The name 'Kris' suddenly caught your attention and you stood up suddenly. Chen was slightly taken aback by your sudden actions and hanged up. 

"Jae In, what's wrong-" Chen started. 

"Nothing is wrong. I'm sorry, this was a mistake. I have to go." You quickly said and rushed out of the door, leaving Chen confused and flustered. 

When you were out of Chen's apartment building, you checked your phone. 

"Aish, battery flat. " You cursed, while walking briskly to the place that you're staying and praying hard that he wasn't there to welcome you.

It was only a few blocks away, and you were nearing the apartment, until someone pushed you into a dark alley. For the second time, you panicked but the panic was gone instantly when you saw his face. 

"Kris.." You muttered, feeling guilty as soon as you see his expression that was full of worry. 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

Cliffhanger again, huh? ^^ Sorry guys ;) So the kiss scene was not expected right? I know the kiss scene wasn't written nicely, honestly i have no idea on how to like.... write a proper kiss scene. Plus, it wasn't even planned. I just wrote whatever comes to my mind haha. Anyway, do let me know how this chapter is, and also comment below on what do you think Kris has to say and most of all, will YOU get to successfully escape with your oppa? And most probably your past will be revealed soon enough. Do help to upvote the story if you think i deserved it >< See you guys soon on the next chapter :)