Chapter 8.

I'm His Machine

I'm His Machine 

Chapter 8

It was nearly too silent for that night, as you carefully make your way into Kris's apartment. Your brother had told you to pack whatever things you have and meet him at midnight sharp tomorrow at the train station. You both hugged and said your goodbyes quietly before promising each other to stay safe until you two meet up again. As soon as you arrived at the lift, you frozed in your tracks. You quickly regained your senses and silently hide behind the wall nearby the lift. You could hear them talking ever so loudly. You cursed yourself for being so careless when your phone suddenly rang. The talking stopped and you quietly walked away, hoping to not get caught. 

"She's there! Get her!" One of them shouted. 

Your heart stopped at those spoken words and you began to run faster than you ever did in your entire life. The sound of their heavy footsteps broke the silence of the night. You almost screamed when someone suddenly pulled you back in a dark alley, covering your mouth. You shivered in fright and kept quiet as they ran past you, without noticing anything. After you were sure they were out of your sights, you elbowed the stranger that caught you and broke free from his grasp. He grunted in pain and you furrowed your eyebrows. That sounded familiar. In fact it was too familiar. 

"C-Chen?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kris entered the apartment silently. He flicked on the light switch, only to find the apartment empty. 

"Jae In?"

Silence.

"Jae In? You  there?" He called out again. 

No reply. 

Kris quickly went to check his bedroom, kitchen, everywhere that you might be. No sight of you everywhere. He quickly whipped out his phone and dialed your number that he secretly obtained since you didn't text him. The phone rang but no answer. He called and dialed again. Still no answer. He ran his fingers through his hair in frustration. He vowed to protect you the moment he saw you hurt but now it seems impossible since you were missing. He cursed himself for being so careless and quickly put on his coat. He turned off all of the switches and locked the front door in the speed of light. He went down the stairs instead of the lift since he was so anxious and worried for you. The group of man wearing black suits and sunglasses were strangely gone and that somehow ticked his worry meter way higher. He went out in the open and scanned the surroundings. Too quiet. He unknowingly walked towards the opposite direction where you ran off, cursing himself once more along the way.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Hey guys~ Just a short update today~ I'll see if i can update tomorrow alright? Cause i have the next chapter halfway done~^^ Stay tuned guys <3 Love you people~