02

Before I Go Blind

Haneul, who was already dressed for tonight, sat at the corner, thinking by herself. "He's gonna propose. I'm gonna get married," She smiled. Finally. A move from Woohyun. All she wanted was for him to show that he actually loves her. 

 

Mrs Kim : Haneul? They're waiting for you downstairs.

Haneul : Oh. I'm sorry. 

Mrs Kim : You look beautiful sweetheart.

Haneul : (she touched her dress) Woohyun got it for me. After we had lunch. He bought this as a present.

Mrs Kim : Its gorgeous. (Mrs Kim smiled)

Haneul : Should we go?

 

Her mother nodded and they both left the room and head downstairs. Everyone stared at the beautiful heiress. Woohyun who seemed dashing in his suit took Haneul's hand. He then planted a kiss on her forehead. Haneul, who was surprised, couldn't hide her shock expression. She felt happy at that moment. It was perfect.

The  dinner went on normally. Not quite normal. Woohyun kept fixing his tie and clearing his throat. When Haneul asked if he was okay, he just smiled and nodded. She knew he was nervous. Woohyun is a perfectionist. He doesn't want anything to go wrong. He wants it perfect. 

 

Woohyun : (he stood up and took of his jacket) May I have your attention please?

 

He's doing it. Its time. "Should I just nod? Laugh? Cry? Mumble, yes under my breath? Or Scream my lungs out YES?" Haneul pursed her lips. She clenched her hands into a fist. She was nervous as well. 

 

Woohyun : (he brought out a box from his jacket that he just took off) Haneul. (he got down on his knees)

 

Haneul stood up. Tears forming in her eyes. She placed her hand on her chest, hoping it would look like she was shocked.

 

Woohyun : I love you. I do. I might not show it. But, you have changed my life. I cannot imagine a day without you. I want to be the only one for you. (he took out the ring) Marry me. 

 

At that moment, she only saw Woohyun. She didn't know how she felt. Was it love? Was it? She couldn't tell. She has never been in love. Maybe it is love. But it was beautiful. It was... happiness. 

 

Haneul : Yes. (She bit her lips)

 

Woohyun fit the ring into her finger. He then got up and hugged her. He smiled. A sincere one. He was relieved. And happy. He loves her. Of course he does. Haneul wasn't sure how she felt. She wasn't confused, just.. dazed.