Their Brother’s Life

Timeless Connection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

▬ Chapter 8: Their Brother’s Life ▬

 

“Hey, anyone curious about our new ‘brother’?” Sungjong asked as the gang walked towards their dorm. They eventually met up after class ended so they just decided to go together. Of course, Hoya didn’t join them and went straight to the rooftop.

It has been a week since the day Hoya and L had their fight along with the former being officially inducted – through the gang’s self-proclaimed initiation of a pillow fight that same night – as a part of INFINITE. The guys slowly became closer since then, making it hard for Sunggyu to believe that the arrogant ‘squirt’ was actually a nice human for once.

“What are you up to, Sungjong?” Woohyun placed an arm over the youngest one’s neck when they went down the flight of stairs.

“Nothing. I was just curious about him, that’s all. I mean, he knows at least a part of our lives but he’s never told us anything about him.”

“Maybe he still doesn’t trust us?” Sungyeol sighed.

“No, that’s not it. I’m sure of it,” L added.

“If L says so, then it’s probably true.” Dongwoo nodded. “Also, I think I’m curious as well. Why don’t we run a–”

“Background check? Is that what you’re all thinking?” Sunggyu interrupted when they reached the bottom of the stairs and walked through an open path towards the dorm building. “The guy just accepted to be a part of our family after a whole month of ignoring us and not to mention, it took us to make L do something like that. If I were you guys, I’d stop thinking about searching him. He’d just get ticked off and shut us out again.”

“Hyung’s right,” Woohyun broke the moment of silence after Sunggyu relayed those words. Then, a smirk slowly curved up his lips followed by a chuckle. “Then I guess this leaves us no other choice.”

Sunggyu stopped to a halt which made the others follow suit and narrowed his eyes at the one beside him. “You tree, what are you planning? And after I told you guys that–”

“Oh? Nothing much. I was just thinking of following him. I mean, why not? He barely even goes back to the dorms after class and I’m just worried about him.”

“Ah, another adventure. Count me in!” Sungyeol beamed. Without a doubt, both Sungjong and Dongwoo nodded in affirmation while L just sighed, mumbling how they were all just a bunch of delinquents.

“You guys, this isn’t–”

“Come on, grandpa. Let loose for once. We are delinquents after all,” Woohyun teased.

Eyeing their pleading faces one by one, Sunggyu gave up and walked in front of all of them, sighing. “If this gets out of hand, I’m blaming you.”

“Okay! So guys, let’s get started!”

 

“He’s on the roof, right?” Sungyeol muttered in a bare whisper.

“Well, that’s what he keeps on saying,” Dongwoo added, “and since his classes are mostly in this building, he might be up there.”

“Can you guys shut up?” Woohyun hissed as all of them slowly crept to the top floor of one of the school’s building. “We might get found out if you keep on talking.”

“I have no idea why I’m even here,” Sunggyu groaned and rolled his eyes at the younger ones’ antics.

“You’re not the only one ques

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter