Finding Answers

Timeless Connection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

▬ Chapter 15: Finding Answers ▬

 

Day 2 - D1 - First half

 

Early Sunday morning, ruffled noises could be heard in one of INFINITE’s rooms if one listened closely. Five men were plotting a plan in secret hoping that by the end of the day, the answers to their questions would present itself to them.

“You idiot, we can’t just ask Sunggyu!” L slapped Sungyeol’s hand away from the name on the list that the latter was pointing to. “Didn’t you read? He’s the leader of this whole thing.”

“I was just saying that since he’s close to us, might as well give it a go,” Sungyeol rubbed his now pink hand. “No need to slap me, my gosh.”

“L’s right,” Dongwoo nodded. “Plus, Sunggyu is quite the perceptive one even though he might not look like it. I’m sure he’ll think that we’re up to something.”

“You got that right,” Woohyun added. “Once the man’s beady eyes latch on to you, you better run and hide. He’ll make sure to divulge all of your hidden secrets no matter how hard you try to hide them.”

“Then, how about Toma?” Sungjong suggested. “Perhaps since he’s just an exchange student, he might not know much.”

“Hey, Toma’s a friend of mine and I don’t want him to get into trouble. The last time we talked, he didn’t seem well.”

“Are you picking favorites, Dongwoo?” Woohyun raised an eyebrow and countered with a teasing tone. “At a time like this?”

“Are you picking a fight with me, Nam Woohyun?”

“Guys!” Sungjong half whispered and half shouted to direct them back to the matter at hand. “No fighting! Fine, how about Minhyun then?”

The image of one man named Hwang Minhyun suddenly flooded everyone’s minds. Minhyun was one of those kids who didn’t listen well to teachers, just sleeps in class, and for the most part, just minds his own business. He didn’t seem to be attached to anyone and would prefer to spend his free time alone. Although being the genius that he was, so long as his grades spoke for himself, no one seemed to mind.

“That loner?” Woohyun shrugged. “I guess he seems like a good bait.”

“Problem is, did anyone actually get to talk to him?” Sungjong pointed out.

“Nope.”

“Not me.”

“Haven’t even seen his face.”

“Are you serious, Woohyun?” Sungyeol looked at the man on his right after he said the last comment. “Isn’t he in one of your elective classes? Music Appreciation or something like that?”

“Someone’s keeping tabs. And fine, I have spoken to him before as my project partner.” Everyone looked at him with hopeful eyes. “Don’t get your hopes up though. We only talked about the project.”

“Sounds good enough,” Sungjong scrambled to the newspaper clipping to stash it in his pocket. “Let’s go.”

The moment all five of them left and the entrance to their dorm closed shut, someone’s bedroom door opened.

“Why can’t these kids just stick to their own business?” Sunggyu sighed. “Don’t make it harder than it already is.”

 

══════

 

“Hey, Minhyun!” Woohyun caught up to one student who walked towards the cafeteria.

Minhyun stopped in his tracks and turned towards the voice to get a glimpse of who called his name. “Oh, the pretty boy from MuApp class. Woohyun, right? Good morning.”

“Got a minute?” He looked at the finely dressed student whose appearance showed nothing short of being a perfectionist, a trait that Minhyun was known for. Unlike his peers, Minhyun dressed simply with only having the top two buttons of his uniform open and his pitch black and slightly messy hair swiftly combed and parted.

“Hold up,” he held up an index finger and continued to walk towards his initial destination, the cafeteria. Without much of a choice, Woohyun had to follow suit. “The cafeteria lady gives twice the breakfast others get if you’re there before seven.”

“Wait. Seriously?”

Without changing his pace, he smirked at the man walking beside him and revealed his secret. “Every single day. It’s one of Woollim’s secrets, an early bird gets the worm kind of thing. Wanna come? Heard they’re serving hash browns today.”

Upon hearing this exciting information, Woohyun decided to continue his mission later. Besides, who can think straight this early in the morning without having some food to keep themselves going, right?

 

══════

 

“Really, Minhyun, another one?” One of the cafeteria ladies shook her head playfully as she scooped double portions of hash browns into Woohyun and Minhyun’s plates. “This is supposed to be a secret. Can’t you keep a secret, my boy?”

“Sorry, Ms. Han. This guy over here talked to me before I got my breakfast. No one can stop me from getting twice the amount of food.” He narrowed his eyes at the woman. “No one.” Finishing off with a smile, both of them laughed.

“But to bring Woohyun of all people? This kid has been asking me for extra servings ever since he got here. I mean, just look at him!” She pointed to the overly excited student beside her regular customer.

Woohyun rubbed his hands with a devilish grin. “Hwang Minhyun, you are the best!” He then placed a hand on his new fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter