Last Minute Requests

Timeless Connection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

▬ Chapter 17: Last Minute Requests ▬

 

Day 2 - D1 - That Night

 

Once some of their questions and curiosities got answered, the five guests prepared to disclose the real reason as to why they visited the INFINITE dorm that afternoon.

“As we’ve stated at the beginning of this visit, we are here to ask for a favor.” Haeri got their attention as she shuffled in her place and took out a gold, circle pendant from her jacket. “My request is to place this pendant by my family’s grave. From what I heard, they made a spot for me too after I was deemed missing for never coming back home.”

“Your family never knew?” Sungjong’s voice was low and his gaze never left Haeri’s even after he took the pendant.

“It was the same for everyone, actually.” She tried to put on a brave smile but her voice quivered slightly, “It was for the better.”

Sungjong opened the pendant and in there was a picture of Haeri on one side with a picture of her parents on the other. From what he heard, she was an only child so their parents were greatly devastated when they found out about her disappearance. They couldn’t have any more children after that so they ultimately spent the remainder of their lives together.

“I guess it’s my turn?” Changjo pulled out a handful of small pocket-sized notebooks from his backpack and handed it to Woohyun.

Each leather bound notebook looked similar to each other with only having minor alterations in either color or model. The ones near the bottom looked more worn down than the rest which made Woohyun assume that those at the bottom were written during Changjo’s earlier years. He noticed that each notebook had dates and years marked on the front cover, making him realize that these were placed in chronological order. Once Woohyun flipped through one notebook, he discerned that each of these were written like a diary as they were neatly covered with Changjo’s handwriting on every page. A piece of paper then flew out from the inside of the notebook he held which landed on his lap. Written on the paper with the same handwriting from the diary were a name and an address.

“I’ve been following my family’s steps from here. My brother had a son which somehow continued down the line with each generation having at least one male child born into the family. Currently, the one in line is—”

“Choi Junhong?” Woohyun eyed the man beside him. “The famous rapper?”

“Yeah, that troublesome kid.”

“Didn’t he say that he didn’t want to have kids or something?”

“That’s why I want you to give these to him. I chronicled what I and his previous generations did, what noble things we have done, and hopefully these stories will change his mind. I know he’s a good kid and he still has his life ahead of him so hopefully in the future, he can think about it seriously and continue our family line.” Changjo then smirked and held his head high with pride. “I mean, we have this knack for raising kids so I’m sure he’ll be a great father someday too.”

“That is deep,” JR commended his friend with an approving pat on the shoulder.

“It’s basically as deep as an abyss,” Woohyun nodded his head in agreement. “I’ll be sure to get these to him then, even if I have to purchase a ticket to a fan meeting where it’s swarmed by fangirls.”

“I’ll leave our Choi family line in your hands, Woohyun,” Changjo grinned. “Thank you.”

“That’s such a heavy burden to carry, not gonna lie,” Sungyeol sighed. He then sensed someone looking at him and faced his right to see Minkyung eyeing him apologetically.

“Then I’m sorry to put this burden on you, Yeol.”

“Is this about your request? I apologize, I just said those unconsciously.” Sungyeol straightened out his back and turned to Minkyung. “Of course I’ll do what it takes to get your last wishes granted. You’re my friend. It’s the least I could do.”

“Just a friend?” L coughed followed by grabbing the nearest water bottle and opened it. “Sorry, I needed some water.”

“What Myungsoo said aside,” Minkyung rolled her eyes, “my last request is for you to go back to my home, dig out a box by the tree, and keep it.”

“What?” Sungyeol blinked a few times then repeated to make sure he heard her right. “Kang Minkyung, you want me to do what?”

“I made a time capsule before I came to Hankyung so it contains all of my memories and stuff. I want you to have it since you’re my closest friend. At least someone will remember me.”

“Then why are you sorry?” Sungyeol raised an eyebrow. “Now that you mentioned what all the labor is for, that doesn't sound too bad at all.”

Just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter