The Name "Kim Myungsoo"

Timeless Connection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

▬ Chapter 7: The Name "Kim Myungsoo" ▬

 

Another day came at Woollim High but this was no ordinary day. This day marked the event when Lee Howon and the rest of the members of INFINITE would finally be able to settle their ambiguous relationship once and for all. After agreeing to the challenge, Hoya and L were now stationed in front of the school, ready to start. In fact, the rest of the school – at least those who have heard about the proposal and were interested in the fight – was there as well except for the principal and teachers, of course.

“Ready?” Dongwoo began as he raised each of his arms in both of the men’s direction. He was assigned to be the judge of the duel because well, he was a master of the arts too.

“As always,” Hoya smirked as he took his stance while L just gave a nod with his usually expressionless face.

Before they started, the students began to whisper to themselves.

“Are they really going to fight?”

“Does the newbie even know who he’s up against?”

“After that incident, L decides to fight again? Really?”

“OMG, Myungsoo– I mean, L oppa is fighting?”

Myungsoo? Hoya thought.

“Wait,” L stopped Dongwoo. “I want to make a proposition.”

“What is it?”

L looked at Hoya and pointed to him. “I’ll only use one hand against him. Using both hands would be bad.”

What the hell is this guy saying?!

Hoya grew irritated with the thought. “Don’t screw with me! Fight me fair and square, damn it!”

“I guess he really doesn’t know who he’s fighting against,” a student chimed.

“That poor guy,” Woohyun whispered under his breath while shaking his head. “Go easy on him, Myung.”

“That’s what I’m saying,” L replied with a chuckle. “Well, Dongwoo?”

“If Hoya agrees, then sure.”

“Fine!” Hoya hissed. “Don’t cry to me later if you lose.”

“Oho? This squirt has guts,” Sunggyu muttered.

“Alrighty!”Dongwoo smiled. “Let’s get started, gentlemen.”

 

A few minutes later, Hoya was already out of breath while L seemed like he was not yet done warming up. The latter’s left hand was still folded behind his back just like he had promised earlier. Feeling the difference in power and ability, Hoya hissed under his breath.

What the heck? I thought he was a weakling.

Not letting go of his initial resolve, Hoya clenched his fists and charged towards L to land a punch. However at the last minute, the latter crouched down and used his right leg to lock it against Hoya’s left leg which made him fumble for a second and at the same time, struck a punch to his stomach. When Hoya instinctively held his stomach and was falling down, L placed a hand on his back and forcefully pushed his body down to the ground with a loud thud.

Seeing the man groaning on the ground, L gave a victorious smirk and the crowd responded with a flinch at the sudden move that happened in a split of a second.

“Hey you,” Hoya glared at L after he spat out blood. “Just who the hell are you?”

“Me? I have no intention of revealing myself to someone who doesn’t consider me a part of his family.” Then he wittingly replied, “Well, I might tell you if you beat me first, squirt.”

Ugh, judging from his style, I don’t think I can beat him yet at this level.

“Fine,” Hoya raised his right hand in defeat while the other still clutched his stomach, “You win.”

“Already?” L questioned in confusion. “I thought you’d put up more of a fight based on your attitude. Well, now that it’s settled, you’re accepting our terms, right?”

Hoya groaned, “Whatever.”

“Ah, I knew L would win. It wasn’t even a guess. It was a clear victory right from the start,” Sungyeol snickered.

Sunggyu pointed to the administration building in a relaxed manner after Hoya stood up. “Hey squirt, let’s go to the nurse’s office. You might die from your wounds even though L went easy on you.”

“Fine, but what is that guy? I couldn’t even hit him.”

“Ah, that’s not my story to tell. Ask him later.”

“You guys all go back to class. The show’s over.” Sungjong bellowed. At his instructions, the rest of the students dispersed towards their respective buildings and headed towards their classes, still murmuring about the aftermath of the duel.

 

══════

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter