09

Dance with Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jieun had just finished up with dance practice and was about the leave the entrance of the SM building, when she felt a hand slip into hers.

“Don’t you know, it’s dangerous for a girl to go home by themselves when it’s this late?”  The warm familiar voice whispered into her ear.

She turned to see Jongin, looking at her with bright smile.  It was already close to mid-night and it had been a long day for her; school, cram school and the new training dance class had exhausted most of her energy. But the moment Jongin came along, along she still felt the same amount of tiredness, nevertheless, her body felt lighter and his presence calmed her.

“I don’t think you should look so happy when you say that Jongin,” she replied.  “It doesn’t make what you’re saying very convincing at all.”

“I’m just happy to see you.”  He said plainly, and then diverted his eyes away, then scrunching his face, not believing that he was saying such corny things. 

She could hear Sehun hoot teasingly from behind them.  Jieun guessed that Jongin and Sehun had finished with their lessons together.   When she turned around, she could see Sehun running up to them and Yixing walking leisurely behind.  Yixing greeted her with a quiet nod and she returned the greeting with a smile. 

When Sehun caught up to the both of them, he immediately swung his arm around Jieun’s shoulder.  “Why are you two chummy today?  I feel left out.” He asked playfully, even though he knew exactly why.

Jongin who was standing on the other side of Jieun, pushed his arm off Jieun’s shoulder.  “Do you mind Sehun?”

“Fine, leave me to talk to myself.  Bad night to you all.”  He said with a huff before heading off in front of them. 

“You didn’t have to be so mean to Sehun.”  She said, feeling a bit bad for leaving Sehun by himself. 

“Don’t worry. He’s just teasing us.  I think he’s pleased that we got together even though he would probably never admit that to either you and me face to face.”

Yixing who finally caught up to them, turned to Jongin and said, “Get it checked, ok Jongin?  I’ll see you tomorrow.”

Yixing’s words were vague but his tone was worrying Jieun.  It seemed pretty urgent.

“I know hyung.  See you.” Jongin answered.

Yixing waved goodbye, before disappearing down a different street.

“What does Yixing mean get it checked?”  She asked him.

“It’s nothing much.  My back’s just a bit sore, so I’m going to get it checked at a clinic.  That’s all.  No big deal.”

Jieun didn’t know what to say.  It was expected that everyone was exhausted and their muscles ache.  Since Jongin was preparing for debut, that wouldn’t even be truer.  But she wished she could help him. 

“I’ve got some patches for sore muscles.  I’ll give them to you tomorrow.”  She said.

Jongin didn’t say anything but he gave her a grateful look and patted her head gently. 

They continued walking at their own pace hand in hand down the street towards the bus stop nearby. 

Jongin must have heard her breath out a deep sigh because as they arrived at the bus stop, he immediately asked her, “What’s up? And what can I do to make it better?”

“A lot of things happened today.”  She said as she rubbed her temples.  “I’m probably just stressing out about it too much.” 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter