02

Dance with Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Because of her strained ankle, Jieun had been excused from dancing class for the meantime.  When she had gone to speak with the dance teacher, she had eyed her indifferently, as if she no longer cared whether or not she was in the class anymore.  She simply told Jieun to come back to class when her ankle was fully healed. 

But her teacher's lack of interest somehow made her feel very frustrated as well as determined to prove her wrong.  She knew if she didn't attend, she was going to fall further and further behind in the class.  So she decided to sit in the classes to observe.  Today already marked a week since she hurt her ankle.  And she had already grown accustomed to the stares from the other trainees in the class, who gave her disapproving looks, as if to say,

Aren't you ashamed, why are you bothering to watch anyway?

In some ways, she was also surprised at herself for wanting to stay in the class, knowing how helpless she felt at dancing.  As the dancing teacher continued demonstrating the new dance moves, she looked down to her now "properly" bandaged ankle.  And remembered with a smile when that boy, Jongin had attempted to bandage her ankle.

- - flashback - -

When they had reached the room where all the first aid supplies were stored, Jongin had gently put her down onto the spare chair, which was in the otherwise empty room.  She had not wanted to cause him any further trouble, quickly saying,

"I can handle the rest by myself, thanks.  I think you should go back to your class…"

But as she said this, he had paid no attention.  Instead, he opened the freezer in the corner of the room and took out a ice pack.  And handed it to her.  She looked up to him from where she was sitting and couldn't read the expression on his face.  Noticing Jieun wasn't taking the ice pack, he took her hand and placed the ice pack into her palm.

"Put this on your ankle.  It'll reduce the swelling."

She did as he instructed and she felt relief as the the cool pack contacted with her burning ache in her ankle.  If she didn't see how bright he was in that brief moment he interacted with those other trainees whom she assumed were his friends, she would have thought Jongin to be this always be this currently cold and expressionless boy. 

"You do realise your staring, right?"  He said casually as he went to the cupboard to get something else.

Surprised at his remark, Jieun rebutted, "I just don't understand why you're being so nice." 

As he returned with a roll of bandaging, he knelt down, so he was level with Jieun's ankle. 

"Take off your shoe."

"I can do this myself."  she answered, ignoring his instruction.  As she reached out to take the roll of bandaging from him, he quickly moved it away from her grasp, a frown forming on his face.

"You're a stubborn one, aren't you?"  Jongin said, before taking the shoe off from her right foot.

"Hey! What are you doing?"  Jieun burst out in shock as she saw Jongin take off her shoe.  And Jieun wondered if he was like this with all the people he first met.  Jongin seemed to have no idea about respecting other people's personal space.

"Do you want me to take off your sock for you as well?"  He asked teasingly.

Seeing how persistent he was, she reluctantly took her sock off and he proceeded bandaging her ankle without a word.  She was expecting him to be good at it, seeing how confident he seemed, but when he finished wrapping her ankle, she didn't know whether to laugh or sigh.  She had looked down to see her ankle as well as her foot to be covered in a very thick layer of bandages, obviously he had over-bandaged her injury, making a very weird buldge of bandages at her ankle.

"Why are you laughing?"  He asked curiously, looking up at her as he tied the ends of the bandaging to keep it in place.

"I'm pretty sure, you over did this."  She said as she poked her own ankle, unable to feel her ankle due to the extremely thick bandaging. 

"You seem kind of clumsy, so I'm just bandaging it to suit you. Now you can't attempt to hurt your ankle again. And I should probably get moving."

He then stood up, and before he left the room, remembering how the dance teacher had called her before, he said, "Nice meeting you Jieun." 

And that was her first meeting with Kim Jongin.

- - end of flashback - -

When she thought about it, Jongin seemed like a cold guy, he didn't bother to smile, even to be polite.  But apart from his cold expression, his actions were far from different.  But then again, it was weird for him to that nice to someone he didn't even know. 

Maybe that was just his personality, Jieun thought. 

She also noticed that Jongin's dancing practice was always scheduled to be after hers.  But, she had always tried to leave her class in time, to avoid seeing him. 

Why? 

She really know either but she felt embarrassed for him to see her like this, pathetically sitting in class and not being able to practise bec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter