01

Dance with Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Helpless. Lost.

That was all that she could feel at the moment.

All her other senses felt numb, even if she had been dancing on hours at end.  She didn't feel the exhaustion seeping into her bones.  No, her body was definitely aching, but compared to how powerless she felt, the pain was nothing, it was only just background noise.

As she sat on the practice room floor, still in a daze, the only question that echoed through her mind was,

What's the point of all of this?

And then the harsh stinging words of the dance teacher came back to her.

"Why are you still making the same mistakes? Look at Jinee, she's managed to improve alot from last time.  But how about you, Jieun?  What have you been doing?"

She had wanted to reply that she did practice, it's just that no matter how hard she tried, her body wasn't cooperating with her.  But she couldn't get the words out.  They stayed stuck in as the teacher continued reprimanding her in front of the other students in the class. 

She had been put into the dancing class filled with trainees needing extra help with their dancing, but even then she would probably be ranked at the bottom of the class.  The others smirked at her as the teacher lectured her, probably feeling relieved that at least there was someone worse at dancing than they were.  There were no friends in this class.  Being a trainee was a competition.  You against everyone else in your classes.  Everyone was looking for a way to outshine each other.

She sat lifeless on the floor when the class ended.  Everyone had soon filed out, glad to leave the smelly stuffy studio, while she remained there.

Maybe, she wasn't cut out to do this.  Maybe, she should quit.   She thought.

As Jieun had been absorbed in her thoughts, she didn't notice that a boy had entered the studio.  He had looked towards the girl sitting on the practice floor, thinking to himself, she must be from the previous class.  He then turned back his attention to what he was doing and put down his sports bag, and started stretching.

Jieun woke up to her surroundings as she heard a pair of sneakers squeaking against the floor.  She turned to the source of the sound, it was a boy in a cap stretching on the other side of the room.  Seeing how he oozed confidence and composure, she supposed he was from the next class in here - THE advanced dancing class.  Quickly she turned to the clock.  7.00pm. She was going to be late for her vocal practice, if she didn't get a move on. 

As she quickly got up, she felt her legs lose all their power.  And bam! she was fell back onto the floor.  She could feel an intense pain located

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter