10

Dance with Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You know that feeling when someone’s looking at you and you can tell immediately that they have a dislike for you?

That was how Jieun felt when she was put into a group with other two girls in her new dancing class.  The teacher had decided that they were going to work on team coordination for the next evaluation.  Not something Jieun was looking forward to.

“Apart from technique, being in sync with your team members is very important in dancing.”  She said as she formed the groups.  She also assigned a team leader in each group.

When the teacher appointed her as the team leader, Jieun looked at her surprised.  She didn’t want to have that responsibility, but it wasn’t like she could say no.  Jieun was put with Ara and another girl called Jinee.  She remembered the time she snapped at Ara when she had asked her how her injury was.  Ara probably didn’t have a very good impression of her.  Although it a while back already, Jieun had regrated how she snapped at Ara when really she had been angry at someone else.  She wanted to apologise to Ara but she didn’t know how to because it would be awkward to tell her now.

The other girl she knew was Jinee.  Jinee was pretty tall for a girl and to add to that, she was very thin and skinny.  She had long straight hair and straight bangs which covered most of her forehead.  She was a good singer, which had even earned her a reputation between all of the other trainees.  However, in terms of dancing, they were at a similar level.  Jinee also had a reputation for being pretty harsh for her words, or in not so nice terms, she was pretty rude towards any of the younger trainees.

The three of them sit together and it’s Ara who broke the silence between them all.  “Ok guys, let’s try our best to work together so we can get a good review at the new evaluation, ok?”

Jinee, who had looked towards Ara with disinterest and no enthusiasm at all, said,  “As along as the two of you don’t get in my way, everything will work out.”

Jieun looked towards Ara who had looked back at her with a shrug.  She didn’t know what to make of this girl either.  Jieun didn’t like the attitude of this girl, Jinee. 

Before she could say anything, the teacher began to demonstrate the new routine for everyone to learn.  And once the lesson was over, Jinee immediately left the room before Jieun, as the leader, could organise a time for them all to practise together.   Ara, on the other hand, who had more or less the same line of thought as her, said, “Let’s organise some time to meet up and practice?”

Jieun thought that if she was going to be working for Ara in the long term, it was probably better to set things straight. 

“Hey Ara.” 

“Yeah?”  Ara looked at her with a bright round eyes and Jieun realised how much of a doll, she looked like.

“This is probably too late to say, but sorry for being so rude to you that time you asked me about my injury.”  She felt herself rush through her words and didn’t know if what she said was coming out right.

However, Ara immediately put a hand in front of her and waved it in dismissal, “You were probably just in a bad mood at the time. Jieun you don’t have to apologise for something like that. But thanks.  I appreciate the thought.”

As they exited the practice room together, Jieun continued to chat to Ara and realised that she was a really easy person to get along with.  It was at this time, they bumped into Sehun.

Sehun immediately pointed at the two of them and said, “Since when were the two of you friends?”

“It’s rude to point Sehun.”  Jieun said as she pushed his arm down.

“We are doing a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter