Mission 2 — Master

You Monster.

 

Recap

 

"Covert field mission..." Park Bom nodded. "Please continue explaining."

"And I will." The Chairman tilted his head. "I'll explain from the start so you won't be so confused as you are right now when you start the mission." Furrowing his brow, Chairman tried to summarize the situation as best as he could. "You've heard of the human-robot experiments in North Korea before, correct?" The man paused for dramatic effect. "Well, it turns out that there is a whole site filled with the results of these experiments, whether they're failure or successes, we don't know yet. If they're failures, they're likely to keep trying until they've perfected the ultimate battle weapon to attack South Korea. Indestructable, human lookalikes with super strength and power." 

"And if they're successes?" Park Bom asked, interested in the mission.

"Sucesses. If they're successes, then we have a problem." The Chairman bit his bottom lip. "If they're successes, they're most likely in South Korea right now, and planning an attack or something of the sort. They're strong, and ready to kill at any moment. Even one of your specialized bombs would barely make a dent in their skin." He sat back in his chair, leaning against an armrest. "But I'm almost positive that it's a mix at the moment, 10% success and 90% failure."

"And what we have to do," T.O.P. spoke, "Is prevent them from creating any more of these monsters." 

"Exactly." The Chairman agreed. "The location and everything you need to know is in the file, so you absolutely must keep that with you at all times. Take a private jet to reach the location."

The two secret agents started walking towards the elevator. 

"And good luck."



 

Mission 2 — Master

 

Park Bom and T.O.P. entered the high-tech elevator, and then T.O.P. seemed to hesitate for a bit and stepped back out of the elevator. Holding the door with his left arm so he could explain, the statue-like male still needed to do something important. "Sorry, but I still have something private to discuss with the Chairman." He mumbled barely loud enough for Bom to hear. "Please wait for me at the bottom, Agent Bomb."

"Of course. I'll see you there." Bom nodded, and held the thick manila file tighter in her hand. It pissed her off a bit, not being included in their "private talk". Who was he to talk to the Chairman privately? Wasn't he just another secret agent, from the CIA instead of the NIS? What was so special about him? But of course, Bom didn't admit her true thoughts directly to his face. She'd just conduct a background check and identity search on him later, when she had enough time on her hands. But then again, he looked like someone who would be able to keep his personal information well hidden. After all, he was an agent from the CIA. However, there would at least be something that she could find about him. With one last glance at his odd yet beautiful eyes, Park Bom hit the "door close" button on the elevator and watched the doors close together. "I'll be waiting, please don't take too long, agent T.O.P."

Once Bom had departed on the way back down inside the elevator, T.O.P. turned around and stared at a portrait of the Chairman hanging in an simple black frame on the wall. Barely moving his lips, he spoke first. "So you chose her for your next victim?" His voice was bitter, and his jaw was clenched tight. His eyes darted over to make eye contact with the Chairman and laughed in disbelief. "You're funny."

"She has potential." The Chairman shrugged and looked away from the burning gaze of the male who was two times his size. Even though he was the boss, even T.O.P. sometimes made him uncomfortable. "You would know that." Tilting his head, he tried to form in his mind the words that he was going to say out loud without making T.O.P. upset, or even worse — angry. "It has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that-"

"Shut up." T.O.P. furiously slammed his fist into the wall, his whole forearm crashing through the weaker paint and wood. "I don't want to hear anything concerning the past anymore. So just stop it." Splinters of wood and flakes of paint dropped out along with his gloved hand when he pulled it out of the hole he had made in the wall. 

Barely batting an eyelash, the Chairman flung a threat at T.O.P. "Don't complain. I didn't train you to be like this. Obey my orders." Menacingly, he rose up from his seat behind his desk and stared down at the younger male. Time seemed to stop at this moment, but the Chairman wasn't going to sit back down in his chair until T.O.P. apologized.

Becoming like a puppy who had just been yelled at by his owned, T.O.P. got onto one knee and bowed down to the Chairman as if he were a servant and the Chairman was the king. Which, in a way, he was. "I'm sorry. I will obdy the orders of my master and creator. I will not let my emotions get in the way." He didn't want to bow down to an disgusting man who used humans for his own benefit like the Chairman, but he had to. There was no other choice. It was obey, or die.

"That's more like it." The Chairman instantly softened his face and gave an somewhat fatherly yet mocking smile. Fatherly because he was the one who had created the handsome young man — monster in front of him, bowing. Mocking, because he knew that T.O.P. couldn't do anything about it, and was as helpless as a newborn child in front of him, even if he had super strength and unique powers. "Now get going. You wouldn't want to keep her waiting, would you?" The Chairman sat back down in his leather rolling chair and looked at T.O.P. for an answer.

Gradually getting up from his kneeling position on the shiny linoleum floor, T.O.P. stepped into the elevator and glared at the Chairman as the doors closed. How could he do something like this? 

"That bastard...I'll get rid of him one day."