Mission 5 — Sniper!

You Monster.

 

Let's Recap~

"Yah, you." She gave TOP a suspicious look. "Why aren't you answering my question? What do you know?"

"Well.." He spoke but couldn't meet her gaze. "That was one of the monsters that we're hunting."

“What?” She stood up and started yelling. “And you let him get away like that?”

“It’s no use..” TOP sighed. “That was Seungri.”

Bom stood frozen. “What? Seungri, the top CIA agent?”

TOP nodded. “The one and only.”

 


 

 

Mission -- Sniper!

 

BOM'S POV

Well, this was just fan-ing-tastic. I surveyed the scene around us, one hand on my hip. Angrily, I kicked at a part of the exploded luxury car while T.O.P. stood on the side of the highway, arms crossed and face serious. This was definitely not a good way to start our mission... I watched T.O.P. from behind as he took out his work phone and tapped away at the screen like some sort of genius technician.

I wanted to ask him more about Seungri and how T.O.P. knew that the agent had become an Monster...but I'd save that for a later time, maybe once we were out of this mess. 

Curious, I walked over him silently and watched as he pulled up a holographic satellite map of our surrounding area. "What are we going to do now?" Squinting at the map, I could see that T.O.P. was in the process of finding us the quickest and safest way of getting to the Northern border. 

"I don't know." He replied cooly, eyes not leaving the map. He acted like he didn't really give a ; that behavior was one of the unspoken rules of agents. Always act calm and cool, never letting your emotions get the best of you during work. I've always thought that those rules that we live by were a bunch of BS, but apparently T.O.P. lived by them. I could see that he was working on memorizing each and every turn without a problem. 

"You don't know?" I deadpanned. "Aren't you the one who was supposed to have this all planned out? Why are you just nonchantly planning right now when you should be worried about our mission?" Turning around, I pointed to the blown-up bits of car laying on the road. "And what are we going to do with that? If one of the guards happens to drive by here, they'll know immediately that we're trying to get past the border."

"Calm down." T.O.P. once responded again in an unconcerned manner. God, his little act of staying cool is really pissing me off...

Before I could open my mouth again, he placed a finger to his lips in a sign to be quiet and started walking into the forest while inspecting the road his map had drawn out for him. "If we cut through the forest-" 

"Yes?" I asked, sticking to his side and watching out for the infamous snipers who hid in this area. There was no telling when we'd be ambushed.

He shot me an exasperated glance for interrupting him mid-sentence. "Let me finish please? Anyways...we should be able to get there in about ten minutes if we sprint." 

"We could've done that in the first place instead of driving for two hours to reach our destination, you know.." I mumbled under my breath and held my arm up to my face in order to protect myself from the whiplash of the branches in the forest as T.O.P. and I passed through. 

 

T.O.P.'S POV

Silently chuckling to myself, I was momentarily sidetracked from our current situation as Bom complained, thinking that I wasn't able to hear her. Oh, she was quite wrong about the ability of my hearing. Being an "upgraded" version of a human came with the benefits of heightened senses; I could amplify sounds in my head if I wanted to. It was all very simple, like turning up the knob of a radio or pressing buttons on a laptop keyboard to increase sound.

"Are you laughing at me?" Bom gave me a look of suspicion, forcing me to look in the opposite direction and avoid her question. 

"Nope, nothing." 

The minutes ticked by as the two of us ran without words through the thick forest at speeds high enough to make us appear as blurs. We tried to run as quitely as possible and cover up our tracks; avoiding the patches of crippled leaves that crunched like chips and taking long strides in our sprinting to reach our destination quicker.

"Wait, stop." I held my arm out in front of her to block her from moving any further. Something wasn't right. Scanning the forests up and down, I caught sight of one of the snipers sitting quite comfortably in a tree, aiming his M-24 Sniper Rifle in Bom's direction and locking his target before pulling the trigger. 

"MOVE!" In an unexpected rush, I pushed my female counterpart out of the trail of the bullet, forcing her to stumble away due to surprise. The bullet then whizzed by, landing in some unlucky tree or bush nearby. She quickly regained her senses and her hands seemingly moved by themselves according to the situation; pulling out two flash bombs and throwing them at the sniper to stun him momentarily and allow us two to escape. 

After running pointlessly around in circles without any real direction for a while to rid ourselves of the snipers, I slowed down my place to a steady jog and looked at my map once again. "We're almost there. But that sniper on our tails is going to be a bit of a problem." Tucking away the holographic device in my jacket pocket, I heard a rustling of footsteps coming in our direction. "We need to pick up our pace." I started running once again, ignoring the tree branches and leaves that whacked into my face.

"He probably has backup waiting somewhere. Is it still safe to go?" Agent Bomb wiped at the sweat that was starting to run down her forehead and followed my lead.

"We have no choice."