Mission 4 — That Mysterious Man

You Monster.

 

Recap

 

 

She looked around and tried to stop him by grabbing the steering wheel away from him, but he also resisted. 

"The !" He cursed at her, and tried the best as he could to keep the car on track. However, it only ended up making the situation even worse. "What are you doing?Are you ing crazy!?"

". No, no, no, no, no..." She hadn't intended it to happen, but the car was now swerving crazily around the road and the two felt a bit motion sick. It was like being on a ride at the carnival — except it could get them killed.

 

 

 

► Mission 4 — That Mysterious Man

 


 

 

“QUICKLY!” Agent T.O.P. grit his teeth and stepped on the brake as hard as he possibly could. Bom clutched the most important thing at the moment – the documents-- in her hand. She threw the passenger door open and jumped out of the car just seconds before the vehicle collided into the tree in flames. The smell of smoke and oil blew through the air.

The car was barely damaged, being made out of thick sheets of steel. The engine was running fine and all mechanisms seemed to be in tippity-top shape. Even T.O.P., who was currently getting all the air in his lungs smushed with an air bag at the moment, was perfectly safe. Well, that’s what they thought, anyways. They didn’t realize that someone was hiding in the trees, and had just dropped a micro-hidden bomb onto their only transportation.

A tiny voice could be heard, chuckling in amusement. To think that Bom, the specialist in Bombs and the like, hadn’t noticed it at all…”This should be fun.”

“Three.”

Bom spun around, searching for the voice. “Who’s there?”

“Two.”

Her eyes landed on the micro-bomb and her body instinctively started running farther into the forest. “.”

“One.”

The bomb started beeping, like a microwave done heating.

“Aaaaaand~”

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

Amidst the suffocating screen of dark grey smoke that infiltrated her nostrils and the debris that filled the surrounding area, two shadowy figures could be seen at the center of the disaster. A huge mess was located in the middle of a deserted forest road off the highway. The sunlight filtered in through the lush canopy of green leaves, creating a scenic view that most photographers would die to catch on camera.

Park Bom had expected her body to have exploded and been ripped apart limb by limb from the impact of the crash, but the worst injury she had received was a laceration traveling across her right cheekbone, leaving a clean line of red blood in on her pale, snowy face. Struggling to open her eyes through a thick film of dust from the crash, the agent checked her body for injuries. To her surprise, she was completely fine, no broken bones, skull bashed in, bleeding gut, or anything severe enough to land her in the ER. She coughed as the polluted air entered her lungs and waved her left hand around in the air to clear the smoke surrounding her. 

Being the well-trained and highly experienced agent that she was, Bom could feel the presence of someone near her. She wondered if it was TOP...she needed to find him soon. This incident would delay them by at least a few hours, or even days. But without even turning around, she immediately knew that it wasn't TOP when her ears picked up his voice.

"Oh, you're awake." A thin, sweet, sing-songy voice the complete opposite of TOP's raspy voice spoke to her. Alerted that it was definitely NOT TOP, she tried to scramble away from the person in case they were a threat -- well, she tried to, at least. Instead, she tripped over one of the many thick tree roots surrounding her in the forest and fell backwards, her back colliding directly with the hard bark of a tree trunk. "Gah." Agent Bomb blocked the sunlight with her forearm until she could see clearly without having to squint and stared the stranger down. "Who are you?"

The man just chuckled. "Sheesh, you really don't remember..."

"Answer. My. Question." Putting on a tough and steady facade that she often used to intimidate enemies, she tried to ignore the obvious fact that his eyes had a striking resemblance to TOP's -- they both owned a pair of liquid-like, ethereal eyes that seemed to belong to another world.

"No need to get your all in a twist, Park Bom." He spoke in an assuring tone, and one corner of his pale pink lips rose up in a mischievous smirk belonging to the devil. "Calm your , you're safe with me."

Irritated at his question-avoiding antics and general rudeness, Bom snapped. "Who are you to talk to me like that? I don't even know you! And how the do you know my real name?" 

The man just ignored her spheel of questions and the expression on his face showed that he was sensing something. "It was nice talking to you, but he's here now. I think I'll leave it to him."

As soon as the last words escaped from his mouth, Bom saw a familiar dark shadow appear from behind the mysterious man and bash his skull into a nearby tree trunk. The odd thing that Bom noticed was -- the mysterious man's blood wasn't red. It was an majestical silver that reminded her of mercury in liquid form.

And the shadow -- The shadow was TOP.

He looked in absolutely pristine condition, despite the fact that he had just been in a car crash and killed somebody. 

"Why did you just..." Bom pointed to the mysterious man who was bleeding harshly...and then suddenly dissolved and disappeared out of sight as if he hadn't really been there and was just a hologram of some sort.

"Are you okay, Agent Bomb?" TOP ignored her question and instead checked her for any injuries although he knew she was perfectly fine.

"Yah, you." She gave TOP a suspicious look. "Why aren't you answering my question? What do you know?"

"Well.." He spoke but couldn't meet her gaze. "That was one of the monsters that we're hunting."

“What?” She stood up and started yelling. “And you let him get away like that?”

“It’s no use..” TOP sighed. “That was Seungri.”

Bom stood frozen. “What? Seungri, the top CIA agent?”

TOP nodded. “The one and only.”

 


 

 

Author's Note

Oh my oh my, Seungri , you little devil. Lol, I sound like my grandmother.

Okay, guys…I think I’m going to start writing in character POVs in the next chapter since this is really starting to tire me and gives me writer’s block. Weep.

I’ve been busy reading similar fanfics to study how to make mine better…*cough*procrastinating*cough*

Anyways, look forward to the next chapter…guess who comes in? >:D