Mission 3 — Car

You Monster.

 

Recap

 

Becoming like a puppy who had just been yelled at by his owned, T.O.P. got onto one knee and bowed down to the Chairman as if he were a servant and the Chairman was the king. Which, in a way, he was. "I'm sorry. I will obdy the orders of my master and creator. I will not let my emotions get in the way." He didn't want to bow down to an disgusting man who used humans for his own benefit like the Chairman, but he had to. There was no other choice. It was obey, or die.

"That's more like it." The Chairman instantly softened his face and gave an somewhat fatherly yet mocking smile. Fatherly because he was the one who had created the handsome young man — monster in front of him, bowing. Mocking, because he knew that T.O.P. couldn't do anything about it, and was as helpless as a newborn child in front of him, even if he had super strength and unique powers. "Now get going. You wouldn't want to keep her waiting, would you?" The Chairman sat back down in his leather rolling chair and looked at T.O.P. for an answer.

Gradually getting up from his kneeling position on the shiny linoleum floor, T.O.P. stepped into the elevator and glared at the Chairman as the doors closed. How could he do something like this?

"That bastard...I'll get rid of him one day."

 


 

Mission 3 — Car

 

"Ah, Agent Bomb." A husky yet velvety voice rang out and echoed along the high-ceiling hallway. T.O.P. stepped out of the elevator, walking directly to his female partner and feeling odd calling her by her codename instead of her real name like he had used to. "Thank you for waiting.Sorry, it took a while." He tried the best as he could to avoid her gaze, because he was afraid that he was going to get too attached to her, like what had happened before and caused their downfall. He knew that it was best to forget about the past. And that was what she had been forced to do. Forget about all the painful memories that they had gone through together. But, in the long run, forgetting the painful memories also erased all the good memories, and made her think that he was a stranger.

"Agent T.O.P." Park Bom whipped her head up as soon as she heard the unique voice that she could pick out of the crowd, and was most likely achieved through thousands of cigarettes. Well, he'd have to lay off the cancer sticks around her, since she absolutely hated the smell and more importantly, the horrendous side effects. "You're twenty minutes late." The female agent showed him a silvery timepiece on her thin wrist, which had hundreds of diamonds embedded in the face that could also be shot out as bullets that travel deep into the body and knock the victim out with a dangerous poison.

Ignoring the comment on his punctuality, T.O.P. took notice of the intricately designed weapon on her arm that any regular citizen would think of as just another watch. "Nice watch.Great design." He then took off on his own, walking a few feet away from Bom before turning back to see that she was too absorbed in fixing her hair in a window. "Aish, you haven't changed a bit." T.O.P. chuckled and mumbled in a low voice to himself, before continuing to walk.

"Eh? Hey, you ignored me!" Park Bom looked up when she thought she had heard the silent Agent T.O.P. say something about to her. But to her surprise, when she checked, he was already halfway down the hallway and exiting out of the back door of the NIS building. She ran over to his side, hair a mess. "Sorry about that." The two once again had to have their fingerprints checked and they finally entered the garage that held all of the expensive, weapon-equipped vehicles specially made for covert agents and their dangerous missions, which usually involved pretty intense car chases. 

The hollow footsteps of the two agents echoed against the spacious walls of the garage. "Over here." T.O.P. called out, and unlocked the doors of an futuristic-looking, sleek, black-on-black Lamborghini Gallardo. It was complete with heavily tinted windows, missiles, advanced tracking + GPS devices, and so much more. It would've been mindblowingly impressive for a normal person, but Park Bom had seen plenty of cars specially prepared for missions. In fact, her own luxury Jaguar xf attracted plenty — maybe a little too much attention from the car enthusiasts who caught a glimpse of it.

Comfortably sliding into the smooth, leather upholstery seats, Park Bom shut the passenger side door with a soft 'click' and checked her makeup in the mirror before opening to speak. "Where are we heading again?" Carefully opening the manila folder that the Chairman had given her, she rifled through the notes and mission reports while T.O.P. pulled out of the parking space and maneuvered the car out of the dim-lighted garage. She tried to find the important sheet of paper that was going to guide them through their mission to success — the mission statement, background check and crucial information sheet. Answering her own question, Park Bom slid her finger down the page, searching for the section labeled 'Location'. 

"We're heading to Songnim City, in the province ot North Hwanghae do, in the North." T.O.P.'s voice suddenly piped up when Bom hadn't expected it to. After all, he seemed to be rather quiet and polite to those he didn't know. Now, this is what Bom thought. But truthfully, T.O.P. was afraid of getting close to her once again. The male agent continued to explain while driving with one hand on the wheel and eyes on the road. "It's the North's largest iron and steel center. Not many people live there, but there are many warehouses. It's said that in one of these warehouses they're making these monsters." T.O.P. cringed as the word 'monster' escaped his lips. He preferred the word 'upgraded human being', since that was just basically what they were.

"...How did you..." Park Bom looked at him in surprise.

"I memorized the file." 

"Seriously?" Bom was bewildered. She herself had a pretty bad memory. In fact, she couldn't even remember most of the things that had happened over the past few years for some odd reason. "The entire thing?"

"Of course." T.O.P. nodded, letting his eyes wander away from the road for a moment. "I have an extremely photographic memory."

"Ah, explains it. How interesting."

"I know."

"Hah. She really hasn't changed a bit since then." T.O.P. spoke to himself in his head. It was almost the exact same conversation that they had when they first met a few years ago.

Flashback.

"Hey!" A slender female called out from down the tinted-window halls and finally arrived at the aircraft hangar. She offered him her pearly, almost translucently pale hand. "I'm Park Bom, your partner for this mission."

He barely even looked in her direction and checked his watch. It was already thirty minutes past the scheduled departure time. "I'm T.O.P. And you're late."

"I know, I'm sorry." Avoiding his gaze, she motioned for him to follow her into their aircraft. It was a blue-white, the newest model of private fighter mission jet, with black streaks. In the air, it looked almost invisible and blended in with the sky. It was equipped with the latest technology, bombs, and missiles. "Did you read the mission file yet?"

"Yeah, of course." T.O.P. headed onto the aircraft behind the female agent, secret mission x-file in his right hand. "I've memorized it already."

"Wow, really?" Bom widened in an 'o' shape and entered the plane's control room. "That's impressive." The two sat down at the controls, preparing the mission jet for takeoff.

Flashback End.

T.O.P. snapped back into reality and glanced at the GPS. "It'll take us an hour or so to just to get to the Armistice Line." He started to explain what they would do next, and planning out their mission. "Have you been to the North before?" T.O.P. knew that as an graduation test from the NIS Academy they would have to carry out a mission that involved going to the North. But, he wanted to make small talk between the two of them.

"Of course I have." Park Bom replied, and ticked off her fingers as she spoke. "There are three main ways to get past the Demarcation Line." She held up her index finger. "One. Cause a distraction to the guards, direct a short circuit in the fence's electrical activity and find a loose spot in the fence where you are able to dig and crawl under. This is the easiest method, but it is also the most faulty. It's very likely that you'll get stuck in the fence and die of either electric shock or the scraping of your skin against the sharp fence." Next, she held up her index and middle finger. "Two. Silent explosives can cause a gap in the wall which you can squeeze through without a sound. However, it is harder to cover up your tracks since there is a high chance that the gap will be seen by wall guards the next morning." She held up her pinky. "Three. Stop the electric flow and climb over the top without getting hurt by the barbed wire. This strategy tests your climbing skills, as the electricity will come back even stronger in under five minutes." 

She stopped talking to re-apply her bright red lipstick, which also concealed a switchblade inside. "Lastly. Shoot the guards. It's the stupidest idea, but hey, we're agents. And, North Korea would never admit to South Korea or the rest of the world that South Koreans killed their citizens. They'd just replace them with new guards."

The male nodded. "And, the basics. Never go during the day, always the darkest time at night where the guards cannot see you. Wear the bulletproof agent gear and flexible suit." He checked the car's GPS system. "We're only twenty miles away from the border now. It should take about ten to fifteen minutes before we arrive. And then we have to get past the guard stations and the concrete walls to get past before we even reach to the actual border."

"So." Bom looked over to T.O.P. on her left. "You're from the CIA?"

"Yep." He started driving at an incredible 150 mph, but Bom didn't notice. Not yet.

"Oh, cool. You're an American citizen?"

"Nope. I'm just a freelance agent. I've been in the CIA, NIS, and even the SIS in London."

"Where are you originally from then?"

T.O.P. avoided the question skillfully. "Where do you think?"

"Tch." Bom snickered and rolled her eyes. "So you're one of those mysterious agents."

When Bom finally looked outside, she noticed how fast the scenery was blurring by and looked at the speed gauge on the illuminated dashboard. "Holy !" Her eyes turned into saucers and she panicked. "Are you trying to get us killed?"

He shrugged and kept driving. "It's fine, trust me. I've been doing this for years. And you should be used to it." He chuckled. "You've driven airplanes straight down into the earth at 200 mph but you're scared of this?" 

Agent Bom was about to reply sarcastically, but stopped when he mentioned the airplane. "What?" She made a face. "How did you know about the airplane?" Park Bom wondered if he had hacked into the NIS employee agent database and looked through her past mission files to obtain her personal information.

"I just know." T.O.P. internally cursed himself for speaking about the airplane incident that had happened on their first mission together...and Bom probably didn't even remember that he was there. After diving straight down, the plane had did spirals and went out of control because it was attacked by missiles from the enemy. 

She looked around and tried to stop him by grabbing the steering wheel away from him, but he also resisted. 

"The !" He cursed at her, and tried the best as he could to keep the car on track. However, it only ended up making the situation even worse. "What are you doing? Are you ing crazy!?"

". No, no, no, no, no..." She hadn't intended it to happen, but the car was now swerving crazily around the road and the two felt a bit motion sick. It was like being on a ride at the carnival — except it could get them killed.



 

Author's Note

OTL. I'm so sorry guys, that this chapter is late....by four days, I think? You guys have no idea how frustrated I am right now ;^; Every time I'm in the middle of trying to update the chapter, Google Chrome keeps crashing on me. And, of course I just have to forget to save or copy & paste the chapter somewhere else before it does it again. -___- 

Anyways, ignore that little rant up there. I'm hope this update satisfied you guys! And ohohohoh~ cliffhanger and a car crash? Suspense, suspense. C; 

I'll be sure to update as soon as I can!