Child in Gangster's Clothing

Seducing the Geek

Lunch break is currently over and we're now in Math class. Suddenly, I feel a great deal of tension from Ricky, who was sitting in front of Ljoe. He was nervously looking at the empty seat next to him. Wait, empty? Changjo still isn't here yet?

Probably also noticing Ricky's uneasiness, Chunji sighed. "Did Changjo cut class again?"

Ricky pouted. "Maybe. .maybe he's just late. He told me that he was just going out to buy something."

Niel patted Ricky's back. "Don't worry, whatever your brother is doing, he'll probably be fine. I mean, it's Changjo we're talking about." 

Ricky just slowly nodded his head, clearly forcing himself to believe that. I sort of felt bad for him, I mean, he's not liable for whatever dumb crap his brother gets into. Wah. .I don't know why I'm getting so bothered by Ricky being sad. Usually I just don't care but. .

 

I have an urge to help him. .

 

--------------------------------------

The day was over, and Changjo still hasn't turned up. I saw the somber look on Ricky's face. Like he just passively let it go because he was probably used to it, but still feels disappointment and worry.

Anyways, It was already dismissal time and I was the first one outside, to evade any possible hindrances. .ehem. .Ljoe. When I was already in front of the gate. I saw a distant figure walking hurriedly, or in a more specific term, staggering towards the school. I adjusted my glasses and squinted my eyes. It was. . Changjo??

 

I gasped. Like what the hell? Did he like get into a car accident or somethig? His hair was as messy as it could get. He had a couple of bruises and cuts on his face. He was also clutching his shoulder.

I walked towards him, total curiousity taking over. 

"What in the world happened?" I asked, looking at him, subtly measuring the damage. When he saw me, he was clearly srurprised.

"Wha- you." he then sharply turned his head towards the school, and a few students were already emerging through the main entrance. "Oh god. Is school over already?" 

 

"Yeah. . and you cut it. JUST to get beat up like this? wise choice." I said sarcastically. "You know, your parents paid a lot of money to get you into school."

He looked at me like he was just itching to say something, but something was holding him back. So he just clicked his tongue and shook his head. "You don't know anything." he mumbled.

 

"Well, I do know that it's pretty dumb to choose getting beaten up for no particular reason over going to school." I told him straight out. But why am I even affected? 

He looked at me with a look of frustration. Suddenly, we notice students going out of the school already. My eyes widened. I can't let him get seen by Ricky in this state.

 

So, I immediately grabbed his hand and dragged him hurriedly along with me, until we were probably out of the sight of the students. We ended up in front of a small patisserie. 

He nudged my arm off and shrieked. "What's up with you, crazy- chick??"

I was taken aback by his crudeness, and his way of annoyingly calling me. I put my hands on my hips and put on my most assertive tone.

"First of all.  Don't call me "chick" or else, I'll force you to swallow your tongue. and yes. that is possible. AND second of all, how can you continually show yourself like this to your brother who's always carrying that huge- medicine kit around for you."

He looked at me, and he was clearly pissed. "Why do you even freaking care so much? and that kit, he just probably borrows that from the infirmary." 

I was silent for a moment, Yeah. .why do I care? "I. .I care, I care because. .I don't know. You just piss me off. No, I asked him, he avoids borrowing things from the infirmary because he's scared of the school finding out about your stupid fights."

He opened and closed his mouth."He. .hyung does that?" 

 

I raised an eyebrow. "Yeah. .you're one lucky twin."

He looked at me with a bit of guilt and passively dropped his hands. "Y-yeah. .I guess I am."

 

I scoffed. "Come on, let's get you fixed up."

 

----------------------

The doctor finished up inspecting Changjo's wounds, he wrote something on his clipboard.

"Hmm. .it seems that you might have a swollen foot tomorrow, but it wouldn't be that serious. The cuts and bruises are just minor though, no need of any stitches." he explained.

Changjo heaved a sigh of relief.

I don't get him, if he doesn't like getting injured, why does he keep on doing this?

"But. .you have sprained shoulder. Also not that serious, but you will experience pains for a few weeks." 

 

Changjo nodded. I just watched as he took his shirt off and when the doctor dressed his shoulder with bandages. 

Changjo looked at me with furrowed brows "Uh, .can you like turn around?"

"Huh?" I didn't see why I should, he's not or anything right?

Then he smirked. Which annoyed the hell out of me and said. "Heh,. .well, I guess, If you like what you see. Then I'll let it slide."

Oh. .he did NOT just say that.

I scoffed. "Don't get full of yourself KID, why would I enjoy looking at that underdeveloped body of yours?" I said smugly, well, it was kind of a lie, cuz he actually had a pretty good body. But, I needed a comeback.

I smiled in satisfaction as he developed a completely insulted look on his face.

"Wah?? What do you mean underdeveloped?" he childishly whined.

I stifled a laugh. "Ahh.. .I'll just turn around to relieve myself from the sight."

I heard him try to mumble out incoherent comebacks. Haha. .so easy. He might pretend to be all tough, but he's just a boy.

 

 

When we got out of the hospital I decided that it was best to split ways.

"Yah . .I'm going now. And tell Ricky that you just fell or something. If he buys that." I advised as I turned around to finally head home. When I was about already a few meters away he called out. "Wait."

 

I turned around. "What?"

"Urmm. .that Patisserie you dragged me to earlier. Where was it again?" He asked, while looking down at his feet.

"Why do you want to know?" I asked, stepping closer. A bit intrigued by his random question.

I could practically see him debating with himself on what to answer. It was clear that he was trying to hide something. 

"No. .particular reason. I just wanted to go there."

 

I looked at him, adjusting my glasses and squinting at the same time in an obvious display of suspicion. That was the most ish excuse ever. But, like I said, it's none of my business, so I told him anyway. "I think it was on Amber St. or something."

I saw a brief twinkle in his eyes as he nodded in gratitude. He then quickly his toes to immediately go towards that place.

I looked at his retreating back. 

 

What a weird guy.

 

 

 

I was about only halfway towards home when  a very disturbing idea went across my mind, making me halt midway in my step. 

First, his shady behavior. Then, his eagerness to go there. 

 

It CAN'T be just because he wants to buy cake.  

 

What if he gets into trouble again? 

. . .

I laid my fingers atop of my temples in a ploy to make myself think straight.

 

No. .no. . 

No.

 

It's none of my freaking business so why should I??

 

I continued walking, fully resolute on not going after that stupid kid.

 

I. AM. NOT. GOING.

 

----------------------------

 

OK. .now, I'm outside that store. Pretty disappointed of myself.

I sighed melodramatically as I peered through the windows of the small shop.

Damn my curiousity for making me do troublesome things.

 

My eyes momentarily widened at what I saw. Even though the windows were slightly blurry with fog. I could clearly see Changjo inside the shop. Eating. . 

. . . . cake?

 

My face contorted in disbelief. Really? that was really just his reason? 

But both my embarrassment and my disappointment with myself were slowly overridden with amusement. I lightly chuckled at the spark in his eyes as he practically devoured an entire slice with two bites. The smile on his face was greatly similar to a six year old in the same setting. Is this guy serious? 

I was laughing almost hysterically now. When I thought about it, he's a gang member who just probably got into a fight earlier, and now he's eating cake happily like a six year old.

 

I decided to enter the shop to let him know that his tough gangster image will be forever scarred in my eyes. 

When he saw me, his jaw literally dropped, exposing the pink colored cake his was eating. After a few moments of just staring at me, he managed to swallow his food as he awkwardly coughed and wiped his icing covered lips.

His eyes shifted uncomfortably. "Um. .I,. why are you here?" he asked in a low voice. Clearly trying to act cool. But it was so not working, since, well, he has pink icing left on his cheek.

I teasingly took a seat. "Because messing with you is sooo much fun. . and easy, I might add." I answered honestly.

He scoffed. But realizing that he could not formulate a comeback. He just grudgingly pushed one of the many untouched cake slices on his table towards me.

"Just. .don't tell the others." he mumbled.

I raised an eyebrow at him, with an amused smile. "What? trying to bribe me with cake?"

He rolled his eyes as he chomped up another bite of his strawberry cake. "Fine, then don't eat it."

 

I chuckled lightly as I pulled the plate closer towards myself. "You really are Ricky's YOUNGER brother." I said, obviously putting stress on the word that probably annoys him.

"Shut up." he snapped. Gulping down a glass of water to hide the fact that he was clearly embarrassed and probably annoyed at the same time. But his slowly turning pink ears said it all.

I took a bite out of the now mine chocolate cake, which was actually pretty good, and said. "You know. I can't believe that you just got into a fight earlier.. .seeing you like this and all."

He took another huge bite with a still angry face. "Well, believe it."

 

"Well, I won't. I think your still hiding something." 

I don't really know what it is that he's hiding, but I know he is. My intuition never fails me.

He sharply turned towards me, nervous. Bingo. I was right.

"No, I'm not. Why would you think that?"

 

I smiled at him cheekily. "Cuz, I'm incredibly smart."

He scoffed, but it was clearly forced. "Well, you're wrong."

 

I lent in closer. "Come on. Spill."

 

He was silent for a moment. But then, me staring at him intently was clearly boring holes into his composure.

"FINE! I'm not really getting into gang fights."

"AHA!. . " I screeched.

 

Wait. that was NOT the secret I was expecting.

 

"huh? what do you mean you're not getting into gang fights?"

He pondered for a moment, but be decided to continue. "Well, I'm fighting thugs. But I'm not in a gang." he revealed.

 

"What do you mean?" I urged him to elaborate.

He sighed. "Don't tell anyone okay? or they might call me a sissy or something. Well, I think you're not the type to spread things anyways, since you probably don't have many friends."

 

I hardly nodded. "I'll take that as a compliment." I said with a sarcastic smile.

 

"The thing is. Whenever I see anyone getting mugged in the street. I help. " he said.

Again, l was shocked. Like the time when Ricky divulged his reason for bringing that medicine kit.

"Wait.. why would you be called a 'sissy' for doing that?" I asked. What he's doing is actually a nice thing? Well, it's nice,. .but still stupid.

 

He shrugged. "I don't know, maybe it's because it's just not 'bad' enough."

My face filled with confusion. I don't even know how to understand.  

So, is being 'good' a bad thing to them? Men.they are so hard to understand.

"Why do you go so far to help them?"

 He was silent for a moment. "When, i was fourteen, I used to be mugged and bullied often, since I was short and weak. So I decided to take martial arts lessons and I hit my growth spurt. So, I stopped getting bullied. But when I see others, I just get the urge to help. After that, it sort of became a habit."

 

I blinked. "that's really your reason?" I asked incredulously. Even though his reason sounds a bit far out, it doesn't seem like he's kying/

 

He nodded then looked slightly away, a clear pout on his face. "Fine,. .tease me if you want."

I furrowed my brows. Wondering if he's just naive or just plain stupid. Or maybe both. Why would somebody for doing something like that? But I decided to anyway.

 

"Ha!. .so you're just acting tough?" I said cockily, with a patronizing look plastered snugly on my face. I scoffed. "You're really just a softie."

He looked at me, his nostrils flared up. His eyes were screaming "I am so NOT a softie!" 

 

"If you TELL ANYONE! I swear. .I'll . . "

 

I raised an eyebrow and smirked. "You'll what? hit me?" I teased. "Is goody-woody Changjo going to hurt a girl like me?" I said in a fake-cutesy tone that made me want to puke afterwards. Then, I tasted something that DID make me want to puke. 

"UGHHH!!!" I grimaced as I immediately spit out something horrid from my mouth. "WHO THE HECK PUTS RAISINS IN A CHOCOLATE CAKE??" I shriek.

I stuck out my tongue and doused it in water. 

"Yuckyuckyuckyuck!"

 

I have a bit of a problem with Raisins you see.

 

I just despise them.

a lot.

Suddenly, a burst of laughter practically exploded from Changjo. His laugh was unhindered and his eyes turned into small crescents. He didn't even care that the other people in the room was practically disturbed by it. I pouted. What a child. -___-

"AHAHHHA! you're scared of Raisins?" he teased in between laughs.

 

"Tch! I am not. That's just stupid." I retorted. But I really REALLY do dislike them. I wish people would just stop making those wrinkly blue balls of pure crap.

He smirked at me, clearly unconvinced. He took out a raisin from my cake and waved his fork back and forth just to annoy me. He then ate it. I couldn't help but cringe.

 

"That's just disgusting."

He ate another one.

 

and another. .

and another. . 

 

and ANOTHER!. .

 

"WHAT THE???" I shrieked. "Can you please stop??"

 

Just before he spoke. He flashed a smug smile and just popped another freakin' raisin into this mouth. Seriously, I wanna punch this boy. I glared at him.

"I'll stop, . .If you won't tell anyone." he negotiated. 

 

I sighed. I knew that I was getting the short end of the stick, but I wasn't planning on telling anyone anyway. I scowled. "Fine."

 

Then he ate another one.

 

 

I. don't. like. this guy. . .

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

AHAHAHHA! CHANGJOOO!! lol. .i kind of like some parts of this chap. but idk if it was a good one. xD anywaayyss. sorry for the laggy uppdate guys! blame school. 

Aaandd. .no offense to the people who actually like raisins.  .and yes. me no likey raisins. hahah

 

please comment and subscriibbe! they keep me goin' =D