Paranoia

Seducing the Geek

Ljoe POV

 

It's been a few days since we decided to call off the bet we did to seduce Riyoung. It was fun and all but hearing that she was locked up in a closet because of us really crossed the line. I'm not the nicest guy out there, I admit, but even I felt guilty, and so did the rest of Teentop.

I even suggested visiting her when she was sick, and agreed to help stop all the bullying. But of course, I only did all hose things cuz I felt bad and stuff, and NOTHING more.

 

But damn. . I can't believe what that guy did. I mean, he actually put thumbtacks in Riyoung's chair!

Ehem. . I mean a girl's chair. Yep i'd still be mad if it was another girl and not Riyoung. .

 

Yeah. .that's right.

The reason why I probably got so worked up whenever she ignored me was because I felt challenged, and I got so affected when I found out she was being bullied was because I felt guilty.

 

"Be serious with her" Cap's words suddenly played themselves in my head. For some reason hearing them made me uncomfortable. Probably because I don't quite get what he means by it, does it mean to 'stop messing with her'? Or to 'start liking her for real'? 

 

But of course, I'll never like her for real. I mean, how could I? She's a know-it-all, cold and totally NOT cute. Well she is kind of pretty I admit if she just took off her granny glasses. Though I would never tell her that if I wasn't trying to flirt.

 

Well, one thing's for sure, Teentop has decided to call off the bet. 

 

"Opppaaaa!" a girl on my left says, in a fake high-pitched voice. I turn to look at her distractedly. "Why aren't you looking at us?"

Well they all had bleached hair and totally fake looking faces with a thick layer of make-up, and, contrary to what other people think, I don't find those types particularly appealing. So yeah, there's your answer.

I flashed them a smooth smile and winked, "Well, there's just too many of you to look at. Looking at too many pretty girls is bad for he heart you know."

 

Ugh..I mentally flinched when I said that.

Okay, that was one of my worse pick-up lines, but they still bought it and giggled to themselves.

 

As you can see I have a gift.

You might wonder why I flirt with girls too much, but honestly, most of the times, they're he ones to approach first, and i just entertain them, and at some point, it became a habit. 

 

The only one who was apparently immune to my gift was Riyoung.

I chatted with the girls like I usually do, so did he others, well, in Cap's case, blatantly tune them out. We decided to act completely normal and not put any extra attention to Riyoung, so that we won't "fan he flames".

Finally I saw Riyoung arrive when Chunji prompted her to sit down, girls around us started to finally disperse. I tried not to look at her too long, so all I made was a fleeting glance. But that glance told me that she already was fine and feverless, though she looked paler than usual. But even still, I wanted to ask how she was feeling.

 

Talking to her once won't be that much of a harm right?

Before I could open my mouth Chunji beat me to the question.

 

“How’s your fever?”

 

“It’s gone now, thanks.” she muttered a reply.

And then, there hung silence between us. It was weird how quiet we all were.Since usually almost all of us talks and annoys Riyoung constantly, and I'm proud to say that I'm one of the core members.

Though I guess Riyoung's having a blast, a quiet surrounding equals better notes. She's been trying to shoo us ever since we met.

 

For some reason, I have this straaaaangee urge to annoy her again. But I stopped myself.

I glanced secretly towards Riyoung and tried to observe her, since well, I had nothing else better to do.

 

Her eyes aren't too big, they aren't too small either. Her long straight hair is unbleached, yet it has this natural brown color to it. Her skin is milky white. She really is pretty. I tilted my head and looked at her for a while longer.

 

I just wanna yank those glasses of--

 

Suddenly her head turned towards me and I immediately averted my eyes.

 

Shoot! shoot! Shoot! how long was I staring? I must've looked creepy.

 

But then, why should I even care?

She's just another girl, and I've stared at alot of girls before without feeling embarrassed

 

But even though, I felt heat rise up to my cheeks.

Dude calm down.

 

For the whole morning I tried not to talk or look at her. But it was hard, cuz I saw her do things that made me want to , like she had a pen organizer that organized her pens according to nub size and ink quality. She had a different organizer for her pencils.

Don't even get me started on her notebooks, she has a notebook for absolutely everything. I saw her write in a notebook labeled "Things To Forget". At first I didn't mind, but then I realized, why the hell would you write down the things you want to forget?

 

Heck I only have one notebook, and I don't even use it.

 

She's so nerdy. .

 

 

I noticed that she's into flowers and pink though.

 

I smiled slightly to myself. She is still a girl afterall.

 

Then, my eyebrows furrowed, even though she was still vigorously taking down notes, she looked like something was bothering her. I felt a pang of guilt.

 

I guess it's about all the bullying.

 

 

During lunchbreak, Teentop decided that I should be the one to confront the girl who ordered those thumbtacks to be placed on Riyoung's seat. They said that I was the best at 'manipulating girls'. Well, I had to agree. But I didn't know whether I should feel insulted or flattered. They make me sound like I'm a bad guy.

 

So, during dismissal time, I secretly pulled the girl into an empty classroom. She had permed bleached blonde hair and overly pink lips and cheeks. She looked familiar, well, she's in my class, but I remember her more for being one of my die-hard fangirls. And I mean,  reaaaally die-hard. I remember her because she stole my boxers when I was showering after gym class. I caught her and she suddenly cried hysterically, so I let her actually KEEP it. . ugh. the things I go through.

 

 

When we were in the room, she looked at the my hand that was holding her wrist when I pulled her here.

 

She screeched. "Kyaaa! oppa's holding my hand!" she said in a shrill voice, which I think was an octave higher than her usual voice.

I immediately let go of her hand and shuffled awkwardly.

..I have a feeling that this is going to be difficult.

 

She pretended to look shy and put her hands on her cheeks. " OMG. why is oppa pulling me in an empty classroom?" she gasped and added. "I'm not ready."

 

 

the hell, is this girl serious?

 

"Umm..Hana." I started.

She screeched again. "You're calling me by my first name!"

 

-___-

 

"Ms. Song." I said differently.

 

"KYAAAAAAAAAAA! you know my last name???" she beamed as she batted her eyelashes.

 

My eye twitched. This girl is just. .

 

OF COURSE I KNOW! since the guy who ratted you out told us your whole name!

 

 

Chill LJoe, Chill..

Wew,..you're supposed to be the 'charming one' remember?

 

Try to be nice. Try to be nice. Try to be nice. Don't prove Chunji right that you can't.

 

I regained my composure and smiled. "Listen Hana, about what you did."

 

The girl widened her eyes dramatically and blinked several times. "Hmm? what do you mean oppa?"

 

I calmly touched her shoulder. "We know you did it, about Riyoung's chair."

 

Now, her shock wasn't fake. She stepped back a few steps and a look of nervousness spread throughout her face.

 

She furrowed her brows and giggled, her eyes shifting to the sides.

 

"hehe..what are you talking about?"

 

I looked into her eyes and said gently. "We won't hurt you. But, what you did to Riyoung. It could've seriously hurt her. My friends and I will ask you to never do that again. What couldv'e happened to Riyoung if we hadn--"

 

The girl suddenly slapped my hand away and just.. just roared.

 

"RIYOUNG! RIYOUNG, RIYOUNG, RIYOUNG! she's what ALL of you are talking about! SHE'S NOT EVEN PRETTY AND SHE'S A GEEK! Why do you all pay so much attention to her and not us?? who constantly make efforts to look pretty! . .WHY DO YOU EVEN CARE??"

 

I stepped back a bit, my eyes wide.

 

Woa. .this girl has issues.

She ranted on and on, so fast and so shrilly that I didn't get about eight percent of what she said.

 

 

Her speech ended with ". .that's why we ruined her homework and threw paint and eggs at her."

 

Something in me clicked. I heard her last statements loud and clear. What?? they did all those things? I felt anger build in the pit of my stomach and I felt suddenly sick. My muscles tensed. I can't believe that girls could be so nasty.

 

"You did WHAT?" I said, my voice had a bite to it.

 

The girl exaggeratedly pouted. "Yes! we did all those things because that Riyoung-girl is so stuck-up, she thinks she's all that!"

 

". .and rumor is, a few years ago. She was this in her previous school." she added in a dramatic voice.

 

My eyes narrowed. They even resorted to making up romours about her?? My anger rose another step.

 

I didn't know what to say. Because maybe if I opened my mouth, I wouldn't be able to control the things that will come out.

 

The girl sauntered over seductively and slung her arms around my neck. "..So oppa. . forget about that Riyoung and focus on me instead"

 

Then, sudennly, the girl closed all the distance between us and put her lips on mine.

 

It was so sudden that I didn't have enought time to react. When I regained my senses, I immediately pushed her away.

She looked at me with a mixture of shock, anger and hurt.

 

"THE HELL??" I screamed. She backed away.

 

"O-oppa?" she said meekly, trying to act all innocent again.

 

This girl. .ughh!

 

"THAT WAS THE WORST KISS I'VE EVER HAD!" I declared,completely seething.

 

END OF POV

 

3RD PERSON POV

 

Riyoung was troubled. She didn't know why, but she was.

 

She was bothered by the fact that Teentop weren't talking to her, at all. Whenever she would ask them something, they would just reply one-worded answers. It was obvious were purposedly cutting any conversations with her.

 

She felt hurt, and she hated herself for it. After all, she had absolutely no reason to feel hurt. She knew that they weren't really interested in her, but a teeny tiny part of her felt t hat they were. .almost.. her friends.

 

Even..even Cap avoided her.

 

She even noticed Ljoe staring at her intensely. She wondered. Did she do something wrong? What happened? When she looked at him, he immediately averted his gaze.

 

The whole day went on without any real interaction the boys.

 

It was not until dismissal time that her day came to a whole new level awful. She was on her way to the library when she hear shrill blabbering in an empty classroom. She wasn't an eavesdropper, but she felt intrigued. The door was about an inch open, making it even more tempting. She has been bored the whole day, and she could use some entertainment. She knew she was going to get some if she listened judging from the melodramatic tone of the blabbering girl.

 

She gave in and stealthily headed towards the slightly opened door and peeked.

 

Riyoung held back a gasp when she realized that the people inside were people that she knew all too well. The girl was Song Hana, one of the girls who headed her bullying,oh how she hated that girl.  .

 

. . .and Ljoe.

 

Ljoe was facing away from her, but she could tell because of his weird hair color..

 

Why are they together?

 

Riyoung couldn't hear what they were talking about, so she inched a bit closer, until their conversation was audible.

 

". .and rumor is, a few years ago. She was this in her previous school." Nana said.

 

Riyoung's eyes widened as she felt her heart momentarilly stop. She let a gasp of horror escape her lips.

 

D-did they know? about her past?

 

Nana sauntered over seductively and slung her arms around Ljoe's neck. Ljoe didn't react and let it just happen.

 

"..So oppa. . forget about that Riyoung and focus on me instead"

 

She kissed him.

 

Riyoung's heart dropped and she suddenly felt sick.

 

Riyoung immediately turned around. She's saw something she shouldn't have. She didn't know why, but she just ran. She felt all sorts of emotions running through her. So that's why they were avoiding her. They KNEW. They found her disgusting and vile. She should've known that transferring wouldn't change anything. Her past will always follow her wherever she went.

 

She felt angry, angry at herself for feeling extremely hurt right now. She didn't know why, but seeing Ljoe kiss a girl just like that made her feel like she was their toy.

She felt angry, betrayed and hurt.

 

She felt confused as to why she was even troubled by the kiss, when all she should care about now is that her past is resurfacing.

 

She was now by the gate of her school, panting because of her sudden run. She couldn't believe what had happened to her all at once. It was like a bomb was being dropped on her.

 

Cap's confession, Teentop and probably the whole school knowing about her past, . .and Ljoe's kiss.

 

Then, suddenly, as if to put rancid icing on the rotten cake, she thought of a very. .very disturbing idea.

 

 

Cap, . .Cap hinted to her that he knew her past.

 

 

No one other than him should know.

 

 

So, did. .did Cap tell them her secret?

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! we have sum drama up in here! LOL

I hope I didn't make this chapter too cluttered.

And guys, again, sorry for the lag updates, but at least it's more frequent than before. It's just cuz, truthfully until now, I was experiencing writer's block for this fic. BUT NOW IT's GONE! wooot! hahah finally I managed to make a chapter in one sitting.

Please writer'sblock, permanently go awaaaaaayy.