Blackmail

Seducing the Geek

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday were the awkwardest couple of days. ever.

Teentop and Riyoung were avoiding each other. They just exchanged words whenever one would drop something or whenever one would ask for a pen, nothing less, nothing more. Riyoung just wanted to get away from the stifling silence. She liked silence and all, but this was too much and too awkward for her liking, so she often pretended to not see the board and just sit on the floor in front of the teacher's table, not minding the snickers in garnered from her classmates. 

She just couldn't bring herself to speak to them, now that they probably know. For some reason, hurt coursed through her whenever she would meet eyes with Cap or Ljoe. But she decided to stop all that, there was a slight fall in her grades ever since the tension between her and Teentop started. She decided that she should just. . not care about them anymore.

The bell rang and signaled for a break.

*Finally*

With a sigh, she got off of her chair and headed off to her locker. 

She noticed something though, people stopped bullying her. She found it strange. But then she thought that maybe it was because Teentop wasn't even speaking to her anymore.

What more could she ask for? A silent Teentop and bullying free days?

 

. .great.

 

But she still couldn't help a sigh come out of her lips. The hallways were crowded and everyone were bumping into each other, but nobody bumped into her, it was like there was some forcefield around her.

Were other people avoiding her too? Maybe they ALL know. Maybe instead of bullying her they all just decided to ignore her existence all together.

*That's better. .I guess.*

With another sigh she opened her locker. There in bold red painted letters. The word '' splashed accross the inside of her locker. Good thing she hadn't put her books in yet.

She just stared at her vanadlized locker, unfazed. She was too used to these things that she didn't care anymore. People eyed her locker and snickered.

They were still bullying her, but decided to not be so blatant about it.

 

Riyoung hear someone clear their throat and she turned seeing an awkward looking LJoe. She unintentionaly gasped in shock and slammed her locker door shut.

Riyoung immediately turned around, making it blatantly obvious that she was avoiding him. She walked as fast as she could but then felt firm fingers wrap around her wrist.

Realizing that there was no escape, she turned to face him.

"Er. ." Ljoe started, wide-eyed, like he was shocked himself that he followed her.

Riyoung looked at him with raised eyebrows.

 

"What?" 

"Um. ." Ljoe said again, looking anywhere but her face.

 

RIyoung was a bit nervous. Was he going to tell her that he knew? that she was disgusting? that he was just playing with her all along? But even so, she shouldn't care. Why should she care on what he would think? But still, she was nervous.

 

"S-Spill it." she stuttered, trying to keep calm and disconnected like she always is.

 

Ljoe finally looked at her, catching her by surprise. He had a different look about him. He didn't look flirtatious and playful, he had this. .innocent look in him, which, strangely made RIyoung's heart stop just a teeensy tiny bit.

 

Ljoe subtly bit his lips, like he was fumbling in his mind on about what to say. "Thanks for. .uh. letting us sleep for the weekend, and. .er. ." he then looked around him, no one was in the hallway anymore since they're probably all in the cafeteria, and gently. yet awkwardly placed a hand on her shoulder. 

"If you need help with anything, just tell us. .okay?" he said, a small smile gracing his lips.

 

Riyoung was weirded out. Why would they ignore her, then act all nice to her? But she was a bit. .happy.

 

Riyoung nodded in reply then cleared , taking off Ljoe hand away from her shoulder, and left. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Ljoe, frowning sadly at her cold response.

She felt something tug on her chest, but she just walked on. She realized that she was getting distracted and too affected recently. The only way to get rid of those feelings were to return to her usual detached self. She didn't know why she was so affected by Cap, by Ljoe, by Teentop in general. But one thing was for sure, when she came to this school, she didn't plan on making any relationships, and Teentop was dangerously making her resolve crack, so that's why  she should cut it while it's still small.

 

Yeah.. .that's what she should do.

Maybe them avoiding her first was a blessing in disguise.

 

Friends were not for her, she only had two, and they were more than enough, even if the other was. .out of commission.

 

A few more days passed, and she was still avoiding Teentop. Whenever they would ask her something, she would answer curtly and to the point. She realized that they were slowly talking to her again, but she pushed them away nonetheless. Hate notes still filled her locker, but nothing more. She was actually contented at her quiet boring cycle. But there was obviously something missing.

One morning, she decided to come to school early, to do some last minute studying, since the apparatus that they were going to get tested on were in school. She emerged out of the chemistry lab, fully prepared and informed for the practical quiz, feeling particularly proud of herself that she managed to memorize everything in the lab's names and functions.

She decided to go into the rooftop to reward herself with some fresh air.

When she burst through the rooftop's door, she immediately inhaled the sweet morning air. She looked at the view and the still yellowing sky.

 

"This is awesome." she mumbled to herself.

 

"Yeah. .it is." a familiar voice spoke out.

Riyoung immediately tensed and mentally face-palmed herslef for being so darn stupid. How the hell could she forget? that Cap was in the rooftop every morning?

Cap looked up at her, he was sitting beside the door, legs crossed and head leaning back into the wall with an lazy smile on his face. He had one earphone on his left ear, while the other dangled.

He yawned and rubbed his eyes.

*cute.*

 

Riyoung's eyes momentarily widened. The hell was she thinking?

 

"Sit with me?"

His tone was exactly like when they first talked. This situation seemed all too familiar to Riyoung. She had the urge to comply to his request. But she was determined this time to quit interacting with them.


"No thanks" she said quickly as she motioned to go back through the door. But then she felt something tug on her skirt. She looked down, it was Cap.

Her eyes widened in shock and anger as she swatted his arm away. 

*This erted little. .*

 

"The hell?? why my skirt of all places??" Riyoung seethed.

 

Cap tilted his head to the side, startled yet amused. "Cuz, I'm sitting down and I couldn't reach your wrist to stop you. I figured you'd be angrier if I held your leg"

 

It was a reasonable explanataion. 

"O-oh. .still, you should never grab a girl's skirt like that" Riyoung said, gaining back her composure.

 Cap chuckled. "You couldn't have thought that I had an ulterior motive did you?" he teased playfully.

Cap feigned a scoff. "As if."

 

Failing to make a sassy comeback, Riyoung just settled for a "Shut up."

 

She expected Cap to make another remark, but he didn't, instead, he just gave out a small small smile at her, making her feel self-conscious.

Riyoung raised an eyebrow. "What?"

 

Cap shook his head slightly and looked back at the view. "Nothing" he replied. "It's just that you're talking to me again."

 

Riyoung gasped that she was. She was supposed to be avoiding them remember? But still, she couldn't help the tint of red growing on her cheeks.

 

Riyoung loudly cleared and raised her chin a few inches higher. "Fine then, I'm not talking anymore. Goodbye." she said in her iciest tone as she finally headed towards the door. But suddenly the door slammed shut, and she felt hands slam both sides of her head, making her give out a small squeak.

Cap was close, very close. Too close for her liking, too close that she could feel her heart hammering on her chest. He had her trapped between his body and the door.

Cap looked at her straight on, his gaze smoldering with a slight smirk tugging on his lips.  . .Only a few inches away from her own.

"Th-th-the hell? get the hell off me" she stuttered. But Cap didn't budge, instead he closed even more space between them and whispered.

 

"We need to talk." his voice was low and his breath ghosted over her earlobe.

Despite her heart practically zooming up and down her stomach, she managed to muster up a respectable response: "No."

"Come on, just a minute." he asked again.

"No"

"Well, I won't move." he said playfully.

"Well I don't care."

". .Even if we get late?" he said with his eyebrows up in a victorious expression.

 

Ryoung's eyes widened. *Damn it*

She groaned and punched him in the chest. But it only made Cap take a mere step back. "Come on, why are you avoiding us?"

 

She looked at him in disbelief. She couldn't believe that they would pin this one on her. She was the one who got ignored first.

 

"Let go! You were the ones who avoided me first remember?" She yelled. Sudden anger coursing through her.

 

Cap flinched. He had a surprised look in his face, probably due to her sudden outburst. "Uh.. we had our reasons."

 

Riyoung gave out a wry smile as she scoffed."Heh. .like what? knowing my secret? thinking that I'm disgusting?" Riyoung said.

 

Cap shook his head, his easy smile was gone and was replaced with a confused frown.

"Wha-"

"Just let go!" she screamed again, this time, finally successful on getting Cap away from her. She glared at him.

"You probably told them didn't you?"  she whispered as she finally managed to get out of the roof.

She practically glided down the stairs, ignoring Cap's pleading calls.

 

 

After that incident with Cap, RIyoung tried to avoid them more constantly and she put more effort into it. Her boring cycle suddenly got ruined. Her hate mail in her locker multiplied tenfold, and her books there were splashed with vandals and profanities.

Physical bullying also started to return, like how the girls would all gang up on her during dodgeball, how they would trip her in the hallways. They even returned to throwing eggs at her. They were good, they only did it whenever no teacher was looking.

The bullying was at it's worst. But Riyoung still took it and kept strong. She didn't even show it in her face how troubled she was. She didn't even know why it suddenly returned.  But sooner or later, it would show. She was beginning to get bags under her eyes, and she was constantly paranoid, making her distracted most of the time.

"U-um.." Riyoung heard Ricky call out her attention. But she ignored him.
 

"Riyoung-ssi?" He called out to her. She ignored him yet again, but out of the corner of her eye she saw him looking at her, so she sighed and looked at him. 

"What?" Riyoung said coldly. 

Ricky flinched at Riyoung's tone, out of all of them Teentop, she felt gultiest at ignoring Ricky, since he was nothing but nice to her and the sad look on his face everytime she ignored him was just guilt-worthy.

"A-are you okay?" he inquired softly. Teentop were all looking at her, like they too have been meaning to ask the question.

No,..she was definitely NOT okay. But of course, they didn't need to know that.

 

"Yes." She replied crispily.

 

"Are you sure?" Chunji asked, concern laced in his voice.


"Yes."

 

"It doesn't look like it." Niel added.

 

RIyoung immediately flashes them the deadliest glare she could muster. 

"Even if I wasn't, mind your own damned business." she pretended to sound the harshest she could. Teentop immediately became silent.

Niel opened his mouth tosay something, but thought better of it.

Awkwardness hung between them now. Oh how she wished that she wasn't seated in between all of them, that way, this would all be so much easier.

Riyoung pretended to go over he notes just so that she could have something to do so she rummaged her bag. Then, she saw something black and unfamiliar that certainly wasn't there this morning. Without removing it from her bag, she saw that it was a black envelope. She looked at the contents, they were.. ,p-pictures. Of her. .and Teentop in positions that would easily misunderstood. She held back a gasp. She continued inspecting the pictures, still not taking them out of her bag to block it from Teentop's view.

One was her and Chunji, talking, with Chunji a liiitlle too close to her to be normal. Another was of them and Niel, Niel was holding her hand, it was taken when he was supposedly trying to 'help' her take notes. Another one was with Changjo in that coffee shop. A picture of Ricky tending to her hand. Then, the pictures with Cap and Ljoe were the most. .odd.

It was when she and Ljoe were in the women's bathroom and she accidentally ripped his shirt off, it was taken apparently from a stall in the bathroom. Then the most recent one was with Cap, in the rooftop, and they looked so close that they looked like they were kissing.

 

Two things were common in the picture. FIrst, they all were stolen pictures and somebody mustv'e gone to great lengths to take them. Then second was that all the pictures implied that she was.. was. .flirting with Teentop.

RIyoung's mind raced. She went into a slight panick. Has everybody seen these pictures?

When the dismissal bell rang, she immediately went to her locker, she stopped putting her books there in case of anymore vandals, but she had a feeling,..

and she was right.

 

Pictures flooded her locker, many printed copies of those seven photos.

"what the heck?" she whispered widly to herself.

Then, she saw a note scribbled on the back. 

 

"These pictures will be spread throughout the school by tomorrow to expose the you are. People never change after all"

 

Riyoung just felt her heart sink.

 

------------------------------------------------

Oh gosh. .this chapter is just all over the place. Don't worry guys, the next chapter will be better I promise. With answers and stuff. And maybe a few misunderstandings will get cleared up.

Soo , ,oooh. .who could've been the one who took all those pictures?

ughh. .sprry again, if the update was laggyy.

Oh and goooosh! you guys know the feeling when ur idols are in ur country and yet you still didn't get to see them? Dx huhuhuhuhuhuh. .worst.feeling.ever.

Ps. Please do continue commenting and subscribing. =D they just keep me going.