Roofdevouz

Seducing the Geek

 

I’m now in my room. It's about six thirty pm.  I’m a bit distressed. Now they're pampering me like crazy. Teentop were so sorry that they made me do the dishes even though I was sick. Changjo even apologized that he got me wet, Yep, that WAS pretty annoying but.. well, they are being more annoying right now! They won’t freakin’ leave me alone.

 

Always asking me what I want, if I’m okay, is the heater adjusted properly

 

What I really want, is for them to leave my property!

Okay, I sound a bit like an old man, but it’s true! I wanna be alooooone. But since they're so freakin' stubborn, I'm kind of stuck with them.

 

 

But they were stubborn and said that they wouldn’t leave unless I was better. I want to tell them that I WOULD be better if they would leave.

 

I don’t even know if they’re genuinely concerned or  not.

 

But at least, now that it’s 5:30 pm, I finally managed to get them out of my room.

 

I shrunk more in my pillow and heaved out a sigh.

 

 

One thing is bothering me though.

 

I haven’t seen Cap since this morning when we talked. Teentop says that I shouldn’t worry since he apparently disappears without explanations a lot. Well, he does seem to be the kind of person to do that. It's like, I can't read him at all. Usually, when I meet people, I have a concrete view of what they're like, but with him. .

 

I don't really get it.

 

Was he actually serious?. .

 

 

I shifted and turned to my side. Careful to not put any of my weight into my injured hand.

 

 

“Tsk. .why do I even care?”

 

I guess I’ll just sleep and hope that the fever will be completely gone by tomorrow. After several minutes of trying to sleep, I realized it was futile. For some reason, I really can't sleep. After shifting around a bit, I groggily sat up and sighed, taking my glasses off of my bedside drawer.

I laid my bare feet flat on the tiled floor. It was definitely cold. Just the way I like it. I don't know, I've always been fond of the cold. Everytime, especially during winter, whenever I'm having trouble sleeping, I just open my bed room window and let the cold seep in. I find the cold breeze soothing and comforting. I know it's weird, but the cold helps me sleep.

I inwardly chuckle, haha, so I guess the 'Cold Smartass' nickname of mine is actually pretty accurate.

 

I walk towards my bedroom window and open it. I close my eyes as my skin collides with the cold night's air. I know that this would probably make my fever worse, but this just feels SO awesome. 

When i open my eyes again, I almost shrieked when my eyes caught sight of a figure outside my window. My room window actually juts out of the roof of our house, so outside my window is the roof. 

I blinked a few times, just in case I was seeing things. But the figure was still there.

S-someone is in the roof? wh-wh-wh-wh-what the?? My heart suddenly skipped a beat.

 

 

 

I just stood there for a moment, motionless. Is it a freakin' thief?? I backed away a bit and contemplated on whether I should throw something at him to make  him fall.

 

Sh-should I?

 

Before I even do something, the figure slowly looked back.

 

THE HELL??

 

"Cap??" I ask out in disbelief. "Do you know that you're on a freakin' roof??"

Cap turned towards me and squinted his eyes, trying to focus at me. It was his usually poker-face face. Like it was nothing that  he's  on a roof right now, or that he just confessed to me hours ago. When he finally managed to confirm that it was me he just simply nodded.

This guy just keeps getting weirder and weirder.

 

"Did. .did you like, sleepwalk here or something?" I ask, trying to make out a feasible reason on why a rational person would go up a slanted roof.

 

I saw a corner of his mouth jerk up, in a slight smile. He chuckled lightly, I've heard that chuckle so many times now. I know it sounds corny, but I never get sick of it. And for the first time, maybe,. .because of what he said to me earlier, his laugh made me feel a bit different. Like, my chest felt a bit skippy. Maybe I'm just nervous of talking to him after what he said. Ugh. .what is happening?

Cap shook his head, making his usually black hair look blue in the moonlight. He raised his eyebrows slightly while looking at me and patted the space next to him.

 

I look at him incredulously.

"You can't be serious." I say, putting a hand on my forehead. I can't even fathom why a person would be sitting there, much less fathom me joining him.

He just looked at me. Kind of giving me that ultra-subtle pleading look of his.

"Oh goodness. .you are serious." I said wide-eyed.

 

"Come on, I just want to tell you something." he says.

"If you want to tell me something, why does it have to be said on a roof?" I say as-a-matter-of-factly. The coldness of the floor I found pleasant, but the coldness outside was like a sharp slap to the face. It was so cold outside that I don't even know how he could stay there for so long without freezing. With his pale face, onyx hair and deep set eyes, mysteriousness and abnormal resistance to the cold, he kind of resembles a vampire. But of course, that's highly unlikely.

He tilts his head slightly to the right and purses his lips a bit. Is. .he pouting? 

He taps two fingers on the space beside him. "Please?" he asks. .cutely.

 

He's doing aegyo. .badly I might add.

But.

It almost made me shudder how close that lame aegyo made me agree.

 

But fortunately, I held my ground. "That's not going to work."

His face cracks into a smile and imediately chuckles. "Hahahha. .thought so." he says. "So. .I guess I'll just wait in the cold until you agree."

Now he's threatening me?

"What makes you think I'll care?" I retort. 

 

"I don't think, I know." he says with a grin.

 

I click my tongue in annoyance. He dares threaten me? I mean, why should I even consider staying on a roof with him when he can just come inside? It's totally nonsensical. "Okay then, have fun sleeping on the roof." I say with a bit of bite as I close the window.

 

I head on over to my bed and lie down. Heh. .he'll be begging to let him in in no time.

 

Several minutes passed, and honestly no matter how much I try to sleep. I CAN'T.

 

why?. .cuz he's still out there.

I shifted in my bed, trying to not think about a freezing man outside my window. But sadly I couldn't. Even I'm not that mean.

He's either freakishly stubborn or stupid. I guess it's a mixture of both. 

 

Despite trying to stop myself, I still head on over to the window and immediately open it. Again, feeling the blast of cold air. I kind of guessed that he already climbed down since our house isn't that high. That he already left minutes ago. But he didn't. He was still there, a crouching figure. I squinted a bit, and I felt my heart momentarily clench when I saw him trembling a bit. 

 

"Yah!" I call out, my voice being slightly muffled and lost in the cold evening breeze. He didn't respond. He still kept his back towards me. I still call out a few times, again no response. I started getting a bit panicky.

 

He's not DEAD is he? 

I growl in frustration as I hurriedly go back to my bed to grab a blanket. Gosh.. this stupid little.

I edge on towards the window, taking a deep breathe as I carefully pull one of my legs outside. Cold air filling my lungs. When I felt my bare toes touch the metal surface of the roof, I pull myself completely out of the window. I can't believe I'm doing this.

I drop myself into a crouching position, too scared to even fathom that there are no railings to keep me from plummeting to probable death. I half-crawl, half-waddle my way towards Cap and immediately drape the blanket around him. Keeping my arms around his shoulders to keep it in place.

I shivered. Now I'm the one who's cold. He turned his head towards me, his expression the same as usual, despite his slight trembling. I held him tighter to help stop the slight tremors.

 

"Please, do a sick person a favor, and come in." I say with slight annoyance.

I saw a corner of his mouth jerk up in a smirk. He put a hand on top of mine, which was atop his shoulder. He leant in several inches closer. His lip slightly grazing my ear. His cold breathe made my heart race.

"I knew you couldn't resist me."

 

I grimaced. EW.

I yanked my hands away and rested them atop of my knees, which were pressed up to my chest.  "You're lucky we're on a roof. Otherwise I'd push you." I say, nudging him with a shoulder.


He laughed. "Haha. . I told you I'd make you sit here with me."

I roll my eyes. 

"FIne, so now that we're here. Mind telling me why you have to talk to me on a roof?"

 

He furrowed his brows. A slight crease appeared between his eyebrows, as if he was thinking of something. Then, he just shrugged. "Hm.. I don't know actually, I just felt like it."

 

I looked at him incredulously. He looked serious about his answer. I just shook my head.

"You are so weird."

 

He smiled. "I get that alot."

 

I momentarilly forgot what to say when he flashed his smile for some reason. 

"Fi-fine..what do you want to say?" I say, turning slightly away.

 

"Well, it's about my confession." he said fearlessly.

 

I halted. Halted my breathing, halted my movements, I think I even managed to halt my heart for a moment. Shoot. Anything but that topic.

Even though I tried really hard not to look at the ground several feet below, at the moment, I'd rather look at it than at him. So, I kept my vision set on the lawn stretched below us. It was like all my senses were on hyperdrive. My heart beat escalated, my hearing sharpened, and the blades of grass down below looked crispier. And I suddenly realized how close we were. Our shoulders were pressed against each other. I realized that usually when we talk, there was about a foot's distance between us.

So I guess this is a bit unusual. Not like being on a roof in unusual enough.

"What about it?" I ask. My usually loud voice sounded strangely like a mere mumble. I dug my palms harder into the roof's surface, because strangely, I'm starting to get nervous and light headed. I was tense. I hate feeling tense, but this felt like different type of tense. Not like before an important exam, not like before giving out a speech in front of everybody. This was on another level.

 

I took a fleeting glance at him. He also wasn't looking at me, but also on the lawn below. Is.. it possible that, he feels the same?

He cleared his throat. awkwardly. But, the Cap I know is never awkward, or nervous. But, even for a teensy tiny bit,  could tell. Which made me even more nervous.

 

"It wasn't a joke you know." he said, his tone a tad bit lower than usual.

 

"Wh-what?" I stuttered out, I guess him speaking caught me by surprise.

 

"What I said before." 

 

"Which one?" I asked, acting all dumb.

 

Suddenly, I felt him turn his head towards me. And like some sort of magnet, I felt compelled to do the same. I felt like I was going to be pulled in into his deep set onyx eyes. 

He was about to say something. And I know what the next words will be. But then, I cut him off by screaming. He was obviously started.

I clenched my eyes shut and covered my ears. I pursed my lips. I don't want to hear it.

 

"AAAaaaaaaaaaaaaahh! don't say it." 

 

I crawled back up to my window and pulled myself back into my room. Slipping a few times due to my haste. I just wanted to get out of there, get out of that situation.

He quickly followed, and grabbed my wrist, trying to tell me something. But I just pried his hands away and practically shoved him to the door. I know I was being rude. I know I was being irrational. I know I was being selfish. But.. I just couldn't hear it.

 

When I was about to close the door on him his usually dazed face was laced with a look of hurt. His eyebrows were furrowed, and his eyes had a hint of sadness. His usually quirky smile was replaced with a mouth that was longing to say something but couldn't.

 

I didn't know what to do. So I just whispered a "Sorry." before closing the door.

 

I pressed my back into the closed door and put a hand atop my chest. I felt the rapid beating of my heart.

 

A sudden rush of guilt coursing through me.

 

I'm sorry Cap. I just couldn't hear it. Hear those words again. Because, I'm afraid if I heard them again.

 

 

 

. . . I might, feel something too.

                        

 

---------------------------------------------------

Okay. I'm sorry for two things

1. the lame pun of a title. hahahhahaha or else if you didn't get it, it was roof+rendevouz.  No, it wasn't a typo. It was just a lame product of my lame brain. I just couldn't think about any other title.

 

2.the ULTRA LATE UPDATE.huhuhuh. idk. it took a lot of time cuz well, i kept deleting stuff. 

 

Well, at least now the story has dramaaa. wooot! hahhaha.. Even though it seemed like Cap was busted, at least Riyoung has shown a tiny tiny crack in her cold icy shell. 

 

\