Wish Granted

Seducing the Geek

RIYOUNG POV

 

Teentop finally left my house, after proving to them that I was fine.

It was half a lie though.

 

I’m feeling pretty awful right now. Not just because I still feel a bit feverish but also due to the fact that Cap’s hurt look when I closed the door on him was still lingering in my memory.

 Cap has never shown me an expression aside his usual dazed one and his playful grins until yesterday. I can’t believe that the first rare expression I would see of him is a hurt one.

Even though, I wasn’t really obliged to do something, I still feel outright guilty.

If it was a douchebag, I probably wouldn’t care. But I can actually see that Cap’s a genuinely good guy.

And, the fact that he likes me still seems so unreal to me. I mean, I’m cold and mean. Not especially talented or rich. I’m not even that pretty.

Why the hell would someone like Cap, whom girls chase after, like someone like me?

A part of me still thinks that this is all a joke. Maybe it’s just one of his gimmicks, like Ljoe or something.

That if I take it seriously, I’ll end up the fool. But, something tells me that he wasn’t lying yesterday. But I just don’t know what to do. It’s just so freakin’sudden.

And even if he is serious, I don’t know if I’m ready to get attached to someone again. I can’t get myself too attached. Attachments are dangerous, when they’re suddenly gone, it just breaks you.

 

Then, I felt a pang in my chest. I compared his look yesterday to a look that I’ve seen countless of times before; the one that Gongchan makes whenever I did something irresponsible.

I don’t want to see that expression again.

Never again.

Okay, maybe I’m being a bit melodramatic over here, but it’s true.

 

I plop on my bed and sink myself deeper into the white linen covers. I need to get my strength back if I want to go to school on Monday.

 

And take notes.

But I’m nervous on seeing Cap again, on seeing all of them.

END OF POV

 

 

A loud thud reverberated in the nearly empty classroom as Ljoe pinned a guy to the wall with his forearm.

The guy wailed out in pain. Ljoe wasn’t that harsh, but it was still, nonetheless, painful. The guy looked at Ljoe with growing fear as Ljoe glared at him.

Ljoe momentarily looked to the side to look at Changjo.

“Yah, Changjo. Do your kungfu magic and knock this guy out.” Ljoe urged, he only probably said it as a joke to scare the guy, but as they say, jokes are half-meant.

Teentop could now see that the guy was terrified out of his wits. It was probably because he was alone in a classroom with six considerably angry guys.

Ljoe felt a hand on his shoulder. It was Chunji’s.

                                                                                                                                              

“That’s enough Ljoe, let him go.” Chunji said. Though he tried to keep calm, you could see that he was also angry, but concern was more prominent in his face.

Ljoe didn’t want to, he honestly wanted to beat the guy up. He didn’t know why he cared so much about what the guy almost did to Riyoung, but, he just did.

But looking at the guy, he felt a bit of pity, so he let go.

The man stumbled and wheezed as he was able to breathe freely without a forearm blocking his airflow. He plopped -first to the floor.

Cap went over to Riyoung’s broken and collapsed chair and calmly collected the thumbtacks mixed in its ruin.

What happened was..

After Teentop left Riyoung’s house, they came back to the topic when Chunji found her locked in a closet. It was obviously because of their fangirls. It was too much, and they were definitely going to do something about it.

Especially because it was because of them that this happened to her.

So they planned to get to the bottom of all this bullying and stop it. So, they decided to not talk too much to Riyoung for the time being as to not arise more of their fangirl's rage. They also decided to come a bit earlier than usual, and when they did, they saw a guy unscrewing Riyoung’s chair and putting thumbtacks on top of it. So that when it would collapse when she sat, she would fall on top of thumbtacks.

When they saw him, Ljoe just went berserk.

Okay, now back to the present.

Cap came towards the man, thumbtacks in hand.

Ricky looked at the thumbtack covered pile of wood which had previously been a chair. The man accidentally completely unscrewed it completely when he was startled by Teentop’s sudden appearance in the room. Ricky was horrified. He didn’t even want to think of Riyoung accidentally sitting there.

“Why would someone do such a thing?” he mumbled to himself, eyebrows furrowed. He was more of frustrated and upset rather than angry. He also couldn’t help but feel useless, has RIyoung been dealing with these things all along?

With them doing nothing?

Cap was now directly in front of the guy. The male looked up in fear as he saw Cap’s expression. Teentop were surprised too. Cap rarely shows his emotions, most particularly this type. Cap’s eyes were hard and cool and seemed blacker than usual. His jaw was slightly clenched. He wasn’t scowling or anything like that. His expression was still as unreadable as his usual ones. But, this one was clearly not a good expression.

 

Cap stretched out his palm to urge the man to look at the thumbtacks.

“Who told you to do it?” he asked with calmness.

 

The student shook his head timidly. “No one did.”

 

“You’re obviously lying.” Niel snapped immediately.

 

Cap crouched down to the guy’s level and made him look at the tacks again.

 

Cap made a slightly evil-looking smirk. “You see these tacks?” he said with a sing-song yet threatening voice.

 

The guy nodded slowly, not knowing where this will lead.

 

Cap inched a tad closer and said. “I will make you swallow these one by one if you don’t start spilling out the truth.” His voice only slightly above a whisper.

 

The guy’s eyes grew so big it was almost comical and tried to gulp down the lump in his throat. They could tell that he was shaking a bit.

 

Cap’s threats lingered in the air for a short while, making the atmosphere silent, scary and awkward.

 

“I will ask you again. Who told you to do it?”Cap asked again with a scary smile.

 

The guy didn’t speak, COULDN’T speak was the right words. Having the mysterious, seldom talking Cap threaten you could make anyone scared. Heck, even Teentop was afraid of him right now.

 

Cap roughly forced to guy’s mouth to open with a smirk and lifted up a tack. “Okay then, open wi—“

 

The guy’s thrashing and screams cut off Cap.

 

“Fine! I-ill tell you who told me to, . .there’s this girl in your class that I really like.. .and-and,. .she wanted me to do this..and I wanted to get on her good side. .”

 

He told them the girl’s name.

 

They let the man go and forced him to fix back Riyoung’s broken chair.

 

When they were back in the halls, everyone looked at Cap, who looked like his normal, dazed self, so very different from what he seemed like moments ago.

 

Cap furrowed his brows, a bit uncomfortable at how they were staring at him like that. He realized the cause and submissively raised his arms.

“Guys, I was joking.”

 

“Well, .. w-we know that but, GOSH! You seemed like an ex-murderer out there.” Ljoe exclaimed, still a bit shocked.

 

“Damn Cap,..you were scary.” Chunji pointed out

 

Changjo groaned while ruffling his hair. “Well I thought he was serious! I couldn’t even breath out there.” He whined.

 

“Cap hyung. .never mess with him.” Ricky murmured, eyes wide.

 

Cap smiled smugly. “Well, I was in the drama club in elementary school.”

 

“YOU WERE??” they exclaimed. They had absolutely no idea since they only met Cap in high school. It’s hard to believe that Cap would be passionate about something except lazing around, listening to music and eating meat buns.

 

“Yep, I was even the lead in most plays.” He revealed, wriggling his eyebrows proudly.

 

“YOU WERE??” they exclaimed again. Seeing Cap laugh, cry, and all those emotions, that, they’d actually pay to see.

 

This time Cap just laughed and turned around, leading them to the roof where they usually hang out during their free time. They'd talk to the girl who made the guy do what he did later.

 

“Come on, meat buns are on me.”

 

 

Even though they wanted to say that they really did not want to eat his poison meat buns, especially this early in the morning, Teentop just looked at each other, a bit weirded out at how Cap was being so. . .talkative, and just followed.

 

Except for Niel, who just stayed in his place, in thought.

 

“Niel! Come on. Hyung’s in a good mood.” Chunji called out, urging him to go faster.

 

 Niel wasn’t so sure about that. He knew better than that. He could hear it in his voice. For him, it seemed that Cap was almost forcing himself to be happy.

 

Niel pouted. “What’s wrong Cap?” he whispered to himself.

 

“Hyung!” Changjo urged this time.

 

“oh. .uh. .Coming!”

 

RIYOUNG POV

I inwardly groaned as I was in front of the door to my classroom. I hope that Cap’s just absent so that I don’t have to face him. I even decided not to come early just to prevent bumping into him.

 

Ok, . I’m being a bit mean I know.

 

When I came in, it was the usual chaos of the classroom, paper planes and chalk flying everywhere and mindless chatter. I kind of got used to it.

 

Girls were too busy either gossiping to themselves or crowding around Teentop to even glare at me. I found that a good thing. Ljoe was entertaining the girls with his ‘charming’ smile or whatever. I could hear Changjo boasting about a scar he’d gotten just below his jaw. Niel was telling the girls jokes. Chunji was smiling politely and Ricky was trying to respond to what the girls were asking him, he was awkward and nervous, but that only made girls squeal and call him cute.

 

I know I sound stupid and irrational. But I kind of feel betrayed. They flirt with me and stuff like that, and I know that for them they’re only jokes. But seeing them act like that to every other girl makes me feel that I’m being made fun of.

 

Maybe them coming over when I was sick really was just a gimmick for them, a new way to have fun.

 

Then I see Cap, with his usual dazed self in his usual seat. He was wearing earphones and showed no interest in listening to the girls’ blabber around him, and yet they were still talking to him.

 

He was probably the only one who was sincere, and yet I responded to him that way.

 

Just seeing his face makes me feel bad already.

 

But, nonetheless, I headed over to my seat, which was being covered by their swarm of fangirls.

 

Cap caught my eyes, and I halted. Please don’t be angry, please don’t be angry.

 

And to my surprise, it wasn’t even awkward. It was our normal greeting when our eyes met. He just smiled casually and went back to listening to music.

 

Chunji saw me and beckoned me to get closer. The girls grudgingly left when they saw me, finally enabling for me to sit down.

 

Chunji smiled.


“How’s your fever?”

 

“It’s gone now, thanks.” I replied.

That was the only exchange of words I got from Teentop the whole day.

 

They didn’t annoy me, or talk to me, or flirt with me.

 

 

I know I should be happy, I finally got what I wanted. But I felt like I was left hanging.

 

I mean, just a few days ago they were in my house, laughing and all that.

And Cap acted like nothing even happened.

 

Were they ignoring me?

 

I left the school that day confused.

 

----------------------

Yes! finally updated! Its christmas vacation everyone!

Merry Christmas! =D.

So in this chapter, i guess the quote for Riyoung is 'be careful what you wish for'

She kept saying that all she wanted was to be left alone, but when she was, she didn't like it at all. hahah